[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High School girl score 113 points?

Ralph Furley

I know I don't post in the tailgate very often, or ever, but did anyone catch the news about the girl from NY that scored 113 points in a high school basketball game? The final score for the game was something like 137-32. Can you imagine what other coaches think of the a-hole that let his girl go for that record in such a lopsided victory? My god. The team won by over 100 points, and the coach still piles on the points? I'm a coach myself, and I can tell you I'd have a few choice words for that coach after that. Another fine example of good sportsmanship on display for the youth.

By the way, I know I don't post much outside of the football/advice forums, but I must say that the tailgate is just down right interesting to say the least.

I know I don't post in the tailgate very often, or ever, but did anyone catch the news about the girl from NY that scored 113 points in a high school basketball game?  The final score for the game was something like 137-32.  Can you imagine what other coaches think of the a-hole that let his girl go for that record in such a lopsided victory?  My god.  The team won by over 100 points, and the coach still piles on the points?  I'm a coach myself, and I can tell you I'd have a few choice words for that coach after that.  Another fine example of good sportsmanship on display for the youth.

By the way, I know I don't post much outside of the football/advice forums, but I must say that the tailgate is just down right interesting to say the least.

1302330[/snapback]

Listened to this discussed on the radio this morning. Terrible decision by the coaches. The girl is going to Rutgers next year so she is obviously a very good player. What lesson was taught in this game? I think she shot 54 out of 60. Ridiculous for a high school game.

Oh and come around more often. I've read many of your posts, and you'd be a nice addition to the tailgate.

I know I don't post in the tailgate very often, or ever, but did anyone catch the news about the girl from NY that scored 113 points in a high school basketball game?  The final score for the game was something like 137-32.  Can you imagine what other coaches think of the a-hole that let his girl go for that record in such a lopsided victory?  My god.  The team won by over 100 points, and the coach still piles on the points?  I'm a coach myself, and I can tell you I'd have a few choice words for that coach after that.  Another fine example of good sportsmanship on display for the youth.

1302330[/snapback]

I coached a girls varsity team to the state final four in 1995 and even had the fortune of having Miss Show-Me Basketball (yes, I'm from Missouri), play for me. She averaged over 25 ppg for her four year varsity career. We would NEVER let her score something like that, and she was fully capable of doing something that ridiculous because she played at such a high level. The other coach should have just had his girls shoot into their own basket instead of letting this happen, making a complete mockery of the farce that was taking place. What bullsh--!!!

:D:D

I coached a girls varsity team to the state final four in 1995 and even had the fortune of having Miss Show-Me Basketball (yes, I'm from Missouri), play for me.  She averaged over 25 ppg for her four year varsity career.  We would NEVER let her score something like that, and she was fully capable of doing something that ridiculous because she played at such a high level.  The other coach should have just had his girls shoot into their own basket instead of letting this happen, making a complete mockery of the farce that was taking place.  What bullsh--!!!

:D  :D

1302354[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with you more. There is absolutely no good that can come from letting a player on your team score that many points and show up the other team like that.

The other coach should have just had his girls shoot into their own basket instead of letting this happen, making a complete mockery of the farce that was taking place.  What bullsh--!!!

:D  :D

1302354[/snapback]

Um, I see your point, but wouldn't that have been an equal or greater farce? And how do records get set anyway? Isn't this kind of thing a prerequisite for record breaking?

Edited by Ursa Majoris

The girl is going to Rutgers next year so she is obviously a very good player. 

1302335[/snapback]

:D It's nice to see her come to Rutgers

Here's the ESPN article

They mentioned Lisa Leslie in high school... never heard this story

"Two-time WNBA MVP Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a half for Morningside High School in Inglewood, Calif., against South Torrance in 1990. South Torrance refused to play the second half. "

That's a whole lot of points. I can see both sides... but since the game wasn't close, you don't need to rub it in. As a Lions fan, I can understand the pain and anguish when another team continues to pile up the points. :D

I have coached against some pathetic girls teams who, I have NO doubt, my girls could have shut-out AND scored well over 100 points against. The object for me, as a varsity coach, was to teach something a little more valuable to my kids than basketball. Winning the game was never in doubt and both teams knew it, the coaches knew it, the refs knew it, every fan in the gym knew it. So rather than make the nite miserable for a bunch of kids who, for some reason or another, played on a suck-ass team, I let the second-string, third-string, and in one case, a manager, play 98% of the time.

Now if it was the NBA or WNBA, run it up! They're pros and it's for money. But kids? That's just low-life. IMHO.

Edited by The Holy Roller