[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper to be dealt Friday night

Popeye

oh really

http://www.vikingsboard.net/

1361098[/snapback]

Hold The Phones

8:45 AM

3/10/06

Late last night VB.net reported breaking news that a possible deal sending Daunte Culpepper to the St. Louis Rams for current starting quarterback Marc Bulger and a "mid-round" selection was iminent. This was confirmed by two sources close to the situation, one of which came directly from within the Rams organization.

The news appears to have changed as of early this morning however, when Vikings board confirmed with no less than two sources that there are now other players in the mix.

"After the news of the Rams' offer became public, two other highly interested clubs decided to jump into the fray with more serious offers" said one source out of Minnesota. The other insider is telling us that the club most interested now is Oakland and "another AFC team".

Vikingsboard believes that team is the Miami Dolphins, but our insider refused to confirm or deny that.

More information to follow.

:doah:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PA and Dubay out of the Cities has been reporting on this for the last hour. A guy from NFL network GUESSED he would go to the Saints. Reasons being.

Miami has denied (could be lying)

Jets are getting Ramsey

Raiders can't afford it

He also said he wouldn't be surprised if we knew something any minute.

According to a PFS Oakland the Vikings and Raiders are attempting to negotiate a deal that would send disgruntled and injured quarterback Daunte Culpepper (knee) to the Raiders for quarterback Kerry Collins and a second round pick in April's amateur draft.

Insight: While there has been no official deal struck, and the talks are in the negotiation stages, the trade would seem to be costly for the Raiders, and economically advantageous for the Vikings, a team already well under the salary cap. If the Raiders and Vikings can somehow strike ink to the animal skin the bargain would reunite Culpepper and current Raiders wide out Randy Moss. The latest update on Culpepper's rehab process has the quarterback missing the first month of the 2006-07 season

PA and Dubay out of the Cities has been reporting on this for the last hour.  A guy from NFL network GUESSED he would go to the Saints.  Reasons being.

Miami has denied (could be lying)

Jets are getting Ramsey

Raiders can't afford it

He also said he wouldn't be surprised if we knew something any minute.

1361593[/snapback]

Heard the same thing. I would take the #2 overall for Daunte and or number #17 plus a 3rd or 4th rounder or switch seconds :D

Unfortunaly we are going to get screwed in this deal just like the Moss trade! :D:D

Heard the same thing.    I would take the #2 overall for Daunte and or number #17 plus a 3rd or 4th  rounder or switch seconds  :D

Unfortunaly we are going to get screwed in this deal just like the Moss trade! :D  :D

1362077[/snapback]

The 7th overall pick wasn't bad for Moss...Picking Williamson with it was stupid, but par for the course.

The 7th overall pick wasn't bad for Moss...Picking Williamson with it was stupid, but par for the course.

1362108[/snapback]

I will never forget when I heard a report on KFAN a few days before the draft when Mike Morris said they would take Williamson with the 7th pick...

and there was nothing I could do to stop it...

Heard the same thing.    I would take the #2 overall for Daunte and or number #17 plus a 3rd or 4th  rounder or switch seconds  :D

Unfortunaly we are going to get screwed in this deal just like the Moss trade! :D  :D

1362077[/snapback]

You guys won't miss Culpepper like you missed Moss. IMO if you can get Collins and a 2nd rounder you have done well.

You guys won't miss Culpepper like you missed Moss. IMO if you can get Collins and a 2nd rounder you have done well.

1362135[/snapback]

Collins does not fit the west coast offense... he does us no good. There is talk that if the Vikings do trade C-Pep they will go after Brees. :doah: One hurt QB for another??? :D

Edited by T-Scorp

Collins does not fit the west coast offense...  he does us no good.  There is talk that if the Vikings do trade C-Pep they will go after Brees.  :doah:  One hurt QB for another??? :D

1362420[/snapback]

I'd rather have Brees in a wheelchair than a healthy Collins.

I'd rather have Brees in a wheelchair than a healthy Collins.

1362430[/snapback]

If Collins ends up in Baltimore he'll BE in a wheelchair after playing behind our O-Line for a few weeks :doah:

I am hoping that little blurb about the Rams being interested was a joke...

1362540[/snapback]

I'm not. Problem with Bulger is that his not durable. Methinks the Vikes should be shopping for a more mobile QB as well. While Bulger would be a HUGH improvement over Collins, I don't think he's the answer for Minnesota.

My crazy scenario.....

Daunte's been playing this all along, sitting down there in Florida, its not

Childress and Zyggy he really has a problem with, its playing and living

in a state that is prudish enough to charge him with a crime for getting a

lap dance. Edge did want to come here...but him and Daunte have been known

to pal around in Florida...ya know Edge would love to go back to Miami.....

So Daunte has been down there having secret meetings with Saban, and Edge,

just waiting for the CBA to get done so Edge can maximize his

contract.....and now Daunte breaks loose with his big plan, Miami trades for

Daunte....Daunte's been there in Florida the whole time so Saban has first hand knowledge on how the knee is doing. Thing is, it's not for a draft pick, but for Mr Ronnie Brown...opening up the RB spot for Edge....and Saban has his win-now team he has been looking for.

:D

1360727[/snapback]

Billy, Billy, Billy. There you go defending Daunte again and giving him credit for being anything but an overrated, greedy, mental midget who cant lead an NFL team. State that is prudish enough to charge him?? Nice. You are right. Its not the players fault. They didnt bring this on themselves. It is our conservative "prudish" state that is persecuting these guys unfairly(mostly because they are black :D ). Even if you were kidding, your post was ridiculous. :doah:

I like Maurice Morris myself, I think he can be a good NFL RB.

Also, if I am a Viking fan I am looking forward to this upcoming season. you guys came back from a horrible start of a season. you did it with your defense. I really expect alot of the Vikings next year . IMO keeping Culpepper and giving him some kind of huge contract is the only thing that can stop them from fighting for the division next year. get rid of the bum, any player who tries to take away from the team while it is winning ( and pepper did that) is useless. cut his strings.

And Mggoilers...The QB's the 4 years before Pepper took over the job averaged 30 TD's a season.

The QB's who played along side Pepper during his stint there did just as good as Pepper( 59 TD's and 38 INT's). he (Pepper)was the product of the team and nothing more.

1360940[/snapback]

Doc, I think you and I agree. Giving in to an overrated, injured Culpepper's demands would be terribly detrimental to the team. He proved last year that he cant lead this team, yet he wants a hugh increase to his salary. He was able to amass some gaudy stats over the years because he played in a QB-friendly system with atleast one(sometimes two) HOF WR on the field up until last year. He played the vast majority of his games indoors and on a team that required him to keep throwing because they were always behind. Daunte is an idiot and he can take his small IQ and tiny mitts to another team and lead them in turnovers.

I would rather not have them spend 1/3 on James when they can probably get Morris who or somebody else for a lot less....They are cleaning house.

I would rather they go after Hutch and make it impossible for Seattle to re-sign him.

1361104[/snapback]

Agreed. Just because they have an enviable cap situation does not mean they should throw money around foolishly. A couple bad acquisitions for big money and they find themselves in the same cap trouble as many of the other teams. I would rather see them try for a Morris or draft a RB and start fresh with one of those options. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see Edge in purple, but realistically, it may not work out for the best in the long run.

Collins does not fit the west coast offense...  he does us no good.  There is talk that if the Vikings do trade C-Pep they will go after Brees.  :doah:  One hurt QB for another??? :D

1362420[/snapback]

The only team I want Collins on is my drinking team on keg race day. If the Vikes get this guy, I will have a real tough time supporting the team this year. :D

The deal changes by the minute....

Jay Glazer Fox sport radio annouced:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im hearing that a deal between the raiders and the vikings is close to being finalized, it just that the raiders are hesitent to give up Doug Gabriel who they believe is a very underated player. The raiders offered ronald curry but the vikes rejected it. here how the deal breaks down

if finalized.

TO OAKLAND: Daunte + 6th rounder

TO MINNY : Doug gabriel + 3rd rounder

Edited by Return Of S&B