[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Fight!

Jumpin Johnies

Who Would Win This Fight?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win This Fight?

• Brentastic
    • AlexGaddis

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Miles sucks.  OK, he is good at his instrument apparently, but his music does nothing for me and I think people who say he's great are just saying so because he's Miles Davis and it's cool to say that.  Bitches Brew is one of crappiest CDs I bought.  I gave it one listen and almost vomitted.  Around the Corner is OK, but it's still mindless noodling that has no backbone.  I need backbone in my music.  I'll take Herbie Hancock over Miles anyday.  Have you ever heard the Crusaders?  Now there's a band that deserves some props for innovating late 60s jazz/funk fusion.

1397084[/snapback]

Ok, I’ve got to call you on that one. To claim that Miles Davis sucks based on the fact that you didn’t like Bitches Brew is as preposterous as saying that

BB King sucks because Riding with the King wasn’t his best work

Or that Jimmy Page sucks because you didn’t like Coda

Or that Sinatra sucks because Duets was weak.

In making that claim, you are totally dismissing his finest work throughout the 50's & 60's. Everyone is entitled to his opinion of course, but I would think that someone who claims to be as knowledgeable about music as you are, or at least as passionate, would realize that to boil a musician’s multi-decade career down to a late career departure album or two would be a patently ridiculous stance to take, particularly with an artist as influential, innovative & prolific as Davis.

Edited by Bonehand

I think Miles sucks.  OK, he is good at his instrument apparently, but his music does nothing for me and I think people who say he's great are just saying so because he's Miles Davis and it's cool to say that.  Bitches Brew is one of crappiest CDs I bought.  I gave it one listen and almost vomitted.  Around the Corner is OK, but it's still mindless noodling that has no backbone.  I need backbone in my music.  I'll take Herbie Hancock over Miles anyday.  Have you ever heard the Crusaders?  Now there's a band that deserves some props for innovating late 60s jazz/funk fusion.

1397084[/snapback]

Are you kidding me ? It's on now, b-i-a-t-c-h !!!! For you to make a statement like this just shows that you know absolutely nothing about music. How dare you say that you don't like my music.... Miles Davis is going to whoop some ass now !!!! :D

Edited by Miles Davis

Ok, I’ve got to call you on that one. To claim that Miles Davis sucks based on the fact that you didn’t like Bitches Brew is as preposterous as saying that

BB King sucks because Riding with the King wasn’t his best work

Or that Jimmy Page sucks because you didn’t like Coda

Or that Sinatra sucks because Duets was weak.

In making that claim, you are totally dismissing his finest work throughout the 50's & 60's. Everyone is entitled to his opinion of course, but I would think that someone who claims to be as knowledgeable about music as you are, or at least as passionate, would realize that to boil a musician’s multi-decade career down to a late career departure album or two would be a patently ridiculous stance to take, particularly with an artist as influential, innovative & prolific as Davis.

1397204[/snapback]

You are absolutely right. I've always heard/read that Bitches Brew was his defining album, so that's what I bought and partially judged him on. But I'm glad you re-stated the part about me being knowledgeable about music because I have never made such a claim. Passionate - Yes, knowledgeable - kinda, it's all relative.

Maybe I'll give him another chance at some point in time, but it's a long shot.

On a side note: If anyone hasn't heard the Crusaders and you like the jazz/funk movement of the late 60s early 70s - Check them out ASAP. Joe Sample was the leader/keyboardist. He plays a mean Rhodes.

Edited by Brentastic

Are you kidding me ?  It's on now, b-i-a-t-c-h !!!!  For you to make a statement like this just shows that you know absolutely nothing about music.  How dare you say that you don't like my music....  Miles Davis is going to whoop some ass now !!!!  :D

1397225[/snapback]

:doah:

:D OK people. Weve got 2 infractions here. Internet flexing and biting the hand that feeds. Thats 2 10 yard penalties and loss of down.

1397230[/snapback]

:D OK people. Impersonating Mr. Cliche. 10 yard penalty, still 2nd down.

Are you kidding me ?  It's on now, b-i-a-t-c-h !!!!  For you to make a statement like this just shows that you know absolutely nothing about music.  How dare you say that you don't like my music....  Miles Davis is going to whoop some ass now !!!!  :D

1397225[/snapback]

Sorry Miles, nothing against you personally, it's just that your music makes me feel like I ate 10 strips of acid while listening to a room full of instruments having a riot.

:D  OK people.  Impersonating Mr. Cliche.  10 yard penalty, still 2nd down.

1397235[/snapback]

:D <------ under review

After further review we are going to have to overturn your flag. Biting the hand that feeds was clearly a reference geared towards a Steelers fan having a problem with a ref.

Who knew Miles spoke in the third person? :D

Miles likes Elaine.

1397251[/snapback]

What happened to your last Av. That was very enjoyable. I don't much care for this one.