[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone think Bush could be a bust?

Liverlips

I think he's a bit overrated, and in ten years from now, the other USC runningback will have the better career.

1469573[/snapback]

LenDale White better than Reggie Bush? I don't know if I'd go that far....

1469597[/snapback]

He could be talking about Marcus Allen. :D

If I read all the reviews correctly this off-season, Bush is already past Marcus in yards and TDs. He just needs to retire to be a first year ballot winner for the Hall of Fame. Class of 2010.

He has nothing left to prove to the football world. :D

Very true. Especially the return numbers.

1469842[/snapback]

So you think that Bush will actually return punts and kicks? Thats a lot of money to have playing on special teams...

I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, I'm just not ready to call him great. I do like LenDale White more at this level. I bet if I searched this forum right after the rose bowl, half you guys would be saying White is a top five guy. He pulled a muscle... So did Bush. I jumped on the White bandwagon when everyone was talking about Bush. I'll be the last non USC/Titans fan to jump off.

So you think that Bush will actually return punts and kicks?

Payton said he would be used on punt returns very sparingly (his words), but no kickoff returns.

I jumped on the White bandwagon when everyone was talking about Bush.  I'll be the last non USC/Titans fan to jump off.

For the record, I put my $$$ where my mouth was in regards to Lendale. I drafted White over DeAngelo and Addai in a dynasty draft. Had White pre-selected over Maroney as well. Bush was the only guy I had higher.

So, while I'm a big believer in White's talent, I do think Bush has that "it" factor.

It's not just that he wows people, it's that Bush worked out with LaDainian Tomlinson and realized how out of shape he was compared to the pro game. He vowed to not look so bad in comparison (to LT2) again. He has the drive to succeed.

So you think that Bush will actually return punts and kicks?  Thats a lot of money to have playing on special teams...

I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, I'm just not ready to call him great.  I do like LenDale White more at this level.  I bet if I searched this forum right after the rose bowl, half you guys would be saying White is a top five guy.  He pulled a muscle... So did Bush.  I jumped on the White bandwagon when everyone was talking about Bush.  I'll be the last non USC/Titans fan to jump off.

1470863[/snapback]

That's an issue, but he is good at avoiding contact. I'm not calling him or anyone a stud yet either, but the thread said he is too small. He isn't as small as many think.

I did pick him in the rookie draft though.

Bush weighs around 201

Dunn - 180

Droughns - 207

Rhodes - 208

Fason - 207

Barber - 200 (dripping wet)

Curtis Martin - 205

Westbrook - 200

Maurice Morris - 202

Clinton Portis - 205

It's not like Bush is exactly tiny.

1469611[/snapback]

Not sure where you got those numbers...

2005 playing weights

Portis 220

Droughns 215

Martin 210

Barber 200 (5-10, 200 is much more solid than 6-0, 200)

Westbrook 203 (5-8)

The other have never been full-time starters so I didn't look them up.

Tiki is really the only one you can compare him to, but Bush is much more slinder in build. And Tiki had fumble problems most of his career, and only the last two years was a full-time starter.....

That being said I think if Bush has the success Tiki has had, he will have been a success. But I don't see him handling 25 times a game as Tiki has recently.

2005 playing weights

Portis 220

Droughns 215

Martin 210

Barber 200 (5-10, 200 is much more solid than 6-0, 200)

Westbrook 203 (5-8)

1478760[/snapback]

I didn't check the others, but I know you've got Portis 8 lbs too heavy.

He came into the league at a playing weight of 205 lbs, but now plays at 212 lbs.

:D

Nice try, although I guess I did nibble a little bit.

1470929[/snapback]

Whaddya mean? Warrick tore everyone up in college, he was drafted 1.4, there were questions bout his size and play-in play-out usability, but it was assumed that his open-field running, after-the-catch wizardry, and return skills would make him as dynamic and productive in the NFL as he was in college.

Yeah, not so much.

I see Bush as a 10-15 carry situational guy, who can hit the home run but will not be a stud or workhorse. At this point, only time will tell.

Peace

policy

I think everyone is jumping the gun with the Gale Sayers comparisons and the Texans making the biggest draft mistake ever...  Lets face it, he is smaller than what you'd like, and he's never played in a sixteen game season.  He's never played on a fair playing level, as USC against anyone else was a joke, other than the UT game.  He is a bit small, and I don't know how he'll react to extremley fast lb's trying to take his head off to welcome him to the nfl.  I think he's a bit overrated, and in ten years from now, the other USC runningback will have the better career.

1469573[/snapback]

It's not that he's too small.  It's that he has the body of a WR and runs like a WR--BOLT UPRIGHT.  He's a 'tweener with incredible open-field skills.  The problem is that you have to get him in the open field.  He doesn't have the ability to carry the load 25 times, move the chains fourth down or punch it in from the two.  He's a flashy, versatile guy, but the hardest thing to do in the NFL is give a guy who needs space to operate space.

Basically, he's Peter Warrick.

Warrick tore everyone up in college, he was drafted 1.4, there were questions bout his size and play-in play-out usability, but it was assumed that his open-field running, after-the-catch wizardry, and return skills would make him as dynamic and productive in the NFL as he was in college.

Yeah, not so much.

I see Bush as a 10-15 carry situational guy, who can hit the home run but will not be a stud or workhorse. At this point, only time will tell.

Peace

policy

1470055[/snapback]

I think Bush will make a ton of spectacular plays in the NFL...and he'll be stuffed at the LOS plenty, as well. At best, he's a great matchup weapon and an excellent situational runner, but even Reggie admits that the best way to "use" him is how he was used at USC -- with another workhorse-type RB sharing with him.

He'll still make any offense better because of his versatility, but if you're counting on him to be a 25-carry stud -- ever -- you're going to be disappointed.

And even considering the solid careers from guys like Dunn and Barber, I don't know if I'd say either of them, in retrospect, were deserving of the #1 or #2 overall pick.

Another small guy (5' 8", 200 lbs.) that had a great college career but never really panned out in the NFL: Barry Sanders.

1479885[/snapback]

So Reggie is the next Barry Sanders? I wouldn't hang that title on ANY player until it happens. Yeah, somebody might prove me wrong eventually, but I'll be right 99% of the time.

So Reggie is the next Barry Sanders? I wouldn't hang that title on ANY player until it happens. Yeah, somebody might prove me wrong eventually, but I'll be right 99% of the time.

1479899[/snapback]

Hey Sticky Cheez:

You, like many people that didn't pass the reading comprehension tests in grade school, have made a hasty generalization. My statement only mentioned an NFL player, that while being quite small, who had a stellar career.

Apparently you flunked mathetmatics as well. For if you could find one scenario which would make a premise or hypothesis false, the premise was no good. Case-in-point, my friend--I found a scenario where a player, smaller than Bush, went on to a great NFL career as a running back. This refutes the blanket theory that you subscirbe to that a person of Bush's height/weight can not make it as an NFL running back. Did I ever once mention that Bush IS or WILL BE Barry Sanders?

NOT ON YOUR LIFE, Mr. Reading Comprehension flunkee!

Hey Sticky Cheez:

You, like many people that didn't pass the reading comprehension tests in grade school, have made a hasty generalization. My statement only mentioned an NFL player, that while being quite small, who had a stellar career.

1479907[/snapback]

:D You have too much bait on your hook. :D

Another small guy (5' 8", 200 lbs.) that had a great college career but never really panned out in the NFL: Barry Sanders.

1479885[/snapback]

You guys REALLY can't see the difference between 5'-8", 200 lbs, and 6'-0", 200 lbs.???

We're talking about the difference between a squat, powerful, low-to-ground rock-solid back and a tall, skinny beanpole. It's not about "is he taller than X and heavier than Y", it's about how he's built--and he's built like a WR, and he runs like a WR. That is not a recipe for success in the NFL as a 20-carry back.

Peace

policy

You guys REALLY can't see the difference between 5'-8", 200 lbs, and 6'-0", 200 lbs.???

We're talking about the difference between a squat, powerful, low-to-ground rock-solid back and a tall, skinny beanpole.  It's not about "is he taller than X and heavier than Y", it's about how he's built--and he's built like a WR, and he runs like a WR.  That is not a recipe for success in the NFL as a 20-carry back.

Peace

policy

1480495[/snapback]

My argument, Policy, wasn't against the difference between 6 feet and 5'8", so don't even go down that road. Did you not read or comprehend the note about reading comprehension?