[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

define the relationship?!?!?!

wcd480

Defining a relationship with a woman is very very simple and in 34 years I finally formulated the answer. The answer is found in the form of a question..Have you farted in front of this woman ? Your comfort level and the true measure of your feelings for this woman lies in your answer.

Absolutely beautiful response! Someone once said the exact thing to me(the farting part). It sounds like a funny or cute response from Whomper, but it is SO true.

Are you two sleeping together yet? Have you had sex yet? In the morning when you get up to take a leak and let out a fart that'll curl her hair, she'll either find it utterly disgusting or she'll laugh and totally find comfort in the fact that you farted in front of her. By the way, a woman is who originally told me this fart and comfort thing. And how right she was. Brilliant response Whomper!!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel it was demeaning in the way I used it? If so, why?

Feel free to explain your thoughts on this beyond the simple questions I'm asking. :D

Well, here...

Probably isn't going to make this girl as comfortable as she could be in the relationship.

Listen to what she has to say. Just make sure you know what you're going to say and you're confident in it. Nothing wrong with being honest with the girl, she'll respect you a lot more if you have an opinion and tell her the truth rather than turn it into a game of 20 questions.

.... it certainly does not sound like you consider her to be an adult who should be taken particularly seriously in an adult conversation. Sounds more like you see her as some thing, or some child, who has to be placated.

If a woman were asking the same question about a 23-year-old man, would your answer with "boy" substituted for "girl" sound normal or appropriate?

If a woman were asking the same question about a 23-year-old man, would your answer with "boy" substituted for "girl" sound normal or appropriate?

Why are defending Cerwin? Or are you telling me I should start calling him a "girl"?

Edited by skins

Well, here...

.... it certainly does not sound like you consider her to be an adult who should be taken particularly seriously in an adult conversation. Sounds more like you see her as some thing, or some child, who has to be placated.

Well, that was certainly not my intent.

To answer your question, absolutely. It all depends on context and intent, in my opinion. If a girlfriend were to say "you need to tell that boy to..." I don't see that as any different than "man." If she were to say "he's just being a boy." then again in my opinion, it would be demeaning.

Now, to ask another question. If I would have used "woman" instead of "girl" do you think you would have the same opinion about my post? Are you reading the context or are you reading the word? Again, no wrong answer, and this is no trick question, I'm simply curious.

Edited by proninja

Now, to ask another question. If I would have used "woman" instead of "girl" do you think you would have the same opinion about my post? Are you reading the context or are you reading the word? Again, no wrong answer, and this is no trick question, I'm simply curious.

It's about the word in the context.

Looking at it again, saying "this woman" and "the woman" wouldn't be much better. A little better, but not much. :D

I don't mean to single you out here. Complaining about the use of "girl" to talk about an adult is my thing here. Like Spain with the "liberals." :D

Looking at it again, saying "this woman" and "the woman" wouldn't be much better. A little better, but not much. :D

I don't mean to single you out here. Complaining about the use of "girl" to talk about an adult is my thing here. Like Spain with the "liberals." :D

Oh, it's fine. You won't offend me. :D

Ok, so it is about the context. If he would have said "Man, I love this girl." would "this girl" be a demeaning term? I don't think so, simply because of the way the sentence was intended. I believe that language was intended to communicate thought. If a particular word conveys a certain thought, I look at the thought behind the language more than the word itself. Words simply mean things, so the thing is of the utmost importance.

The word "girl" is neither good, or bad. It is simply a word that people use to convey a variety of different thoughts. "She's just a girl." and "What a cool girl" are two totally different meanings, and to lump both into the same category simply because they used the same word just doesn't make much sense to me, frankly.

(can you tell I've been admonished for this in the past?)

I call mine "girl" all the time. We're not married(engaged for 5+ years). I've called her my fiance and I've also used "my girl". She doesn't mind a bit. It makes her fell younger I suppose. Were the Temptations wrong when they wrote "My Girl"? It's all in the context. :D

Oh, it's fine. You won't offend me. :D

Ok, so it is about the context. If he would have said "Man, I love this girl." would "this girl" be a demeaning term? I don't think so, simply because of the way the sentence was intended. I believe that language was intended to communicate thought. If a particular word conveys a certain thought, I look at the thought behind the language more than the word itself. Words simply mean things, so the thing is of the utmost importance.

The word "girl" is neither good, or bad. It is simply a word that people use to convey a variety of different thoughts. "She's just a girl." and "What a cool girl" are two totally different meanings, and to lump both into the same category simply because they used the same word just doesn't make much sense to me, frankly.

(can you tell I've been admonished for this in the past?)

note: Squeegiebo is hypersensitive to certain terms, and she is extremely literal (in an almost painstakingly nerdy way). translation - she will never let you have your side of this arguement.

note: Squeegiebo is hypersensitive to certain terms, and she is extremely literal (in an almost painstakingly nerdy way). translation - she will never let you have your side of this arguement.

So she laughs at being called a bitter fat lesbian but she's offended at being called a girl. :D

Squeegibo is a typical liberal femi-nazi who is looking to be offended. She wants to get her cackles up because she just knows everyone out here is sexist. She is just wanting you to say anything that she can jump on to show you how sexist you are. She is a dumb ass. How anyone could be offended by the word "girl" shows how unbelievably p.c. liberals have become. The absurdity of it isnt even debateable. Liberals suck ass and try to turn everything into some p.c. bull turd. Is anyone getting sick of their attacks on free speech and their absolute idiocy?

I've got to say you guys are pretty poor at the art of getting someone to see your point of view. No wonder squeegie still finds the word 'girl' offensive.

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt until she proves otherwise in the face of a respectful discussion. She's a smart, uh, person of unspecified gender. See squeege, I caught myself. :D

You have to get the most "bang" for your buck and along the way you'll find the one that will bear your children and that you'll hopefully marry. Use that strategy with her. Say what you need to say to keep up the "relations"...

The sammich advice is good too.

Proninja, way to back down to Squeeziemytubes

Good info here. :D

And I want to thank Spain for stepping up with his tired old schtick on cue. :D

Good info here. :D

And I want to thank Spain for stepping up with his tired old schtick on cue. :D

You mean bitter fat lesbian isn't a schtick? :D

Edit: I want my old razz back :D

Edited by rajncajn

And what about the "oh, I am offended and my feelings are hurt because you said a word that I have somehow deemed offensive even though you did not intend it to be so" schtick?

STOP THE PILE ON, I'M TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION HERE

Squeezie is married plus I don't think you could or would want to "pull" her so to speak. She's not the friendliest of girls. :D

Edit: I want my old razz back :D

STOP THE PILE ON, I'M TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION HERE

Note the oldrazz comment. Squeege is a tough broad...she can dish it with the best of them. :D