[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

France vs Switzerland

spain

sacre blus

Well, if they were going to import some blu's, you would think they would find some that could actually play soccer. This is the worst display of soccer I have ever seen by 2 teams in a world cup match.

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: TimC, Whiskey Pimp, Dr. Sacrebleu

Shhhh, Sac is typing the official handover of Paris to the Swiss right now.

Edited by TimC

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: TimC, Whiskey Pimp, Dr. Sacrebleu

Shhhh, Sac is typing the official handover of Paris to the Swiss right now.

:D

Definitely the low-light of the WC so far. Hell this game made Poland-Equador seem like a barn burner full of world class skills.

The Swiss played like the Swiss have always played: neutral (amazing that other than the Italians, most countries play soccer the way they are as a people) while hoping to opportunistically net some ill begotten gold.... I mean goal. The french on the other hand just stunk. Although Zidane is still a man amongst boys in how he can direct traffic, and his ball handling skills (he is really, for you non-soccer people, like Gretzky right before retirement: best vision in the game, and thinking three steps ahead of the opposition).

The french coach needs to be shot. Riberry, in only his second international cap, looked totally lost. Barthez, who was never ever even remotely good, now looks awful. There are two goalkeepers on the bench that could outplay him easily. Both hugh occasions for the Swiss came from timid play by Barthez. Trying to blame it on the sun is weak (as Barthez made sure to let everyone know by repeatedly shielding his eyes as if the sun were shooting [dr evil voice] firkkin lasers [/dr evil voice] in to his eyes). But Barthez being french, then will make the mundane look difficult. You know... style points do count a lot.

The score is fair, considering the play of both teams.

Looking forward to Brazil-Croatia after the bad taste this left in my mouth.

Looking forward to Brazil-Croatia after the bad taste this left in my mouth.

You guys were hilarious with the French vs Swiss one liners...robn would be spewing Scotch or whatever all over the screen! :D

Spain, you did not let me down. Perfect thread for me to read.

I wish I had had internet access so I could have read these comments (and added to them) as the game was being played. As it was, my wife and I were in Provence staying with my her aunt and uncle. The 0-0 tie might have been boring as hell, but a tie suited me well. There was something about having my wife and her uncle being reasonably content about the final result that was good. (An unhappy wife is never a good thing and since my wife's aunt and uncle were very hospitable to us as we stayed with them for a full week that I didn't want him to be unhappy either (particularly because if he became unhappy it might have meant that he would have stopped opening up 20+ year-old bottles of Chateauneuf-du-Pape for us to drink).)

As for my French uncle, his attitude about the game was like Sac's--he immediately said something about how the Brazil/Croatia game was going to be much much better than the Swiss/French game.

In any case, the mood around the house was a lot better than it was the day before when the Americans got trounced (and played so poorly that the French commentators said that they were playing like school boys).

And concerning the Americans, I am somewhat considering going to watch the tomorrow's game against Italy at a small pub near my inlaws' home which I am certain will be full of Italians. :D

Spain, you did not let me down. Perfect thread for me to read.

I wish I had had internet access so I could have read these comments (and added to them) as the game was being played. As it was, my wife and I were in Provence staying with my her aunt and uncle. The 0-0 tie might have been boring as hell, but a tie suited me well. There was something about having my wife and her uncle being reasonably content about the final result that was good. (An unhappy wife is never a good thing and since my wife's aunt and uncle were very hospitable to us as we stayed with them for a full week that I didn't want him to be unhappy either (particularly because if he became unhappy it might have meant that he would have stopped opening up 20+ year-old bottles of Chateauneuf-du-Pape for us to drink).)

As for my French uncle, his attitude about the game was like Sac's--he immediately said something about how the Brazil/Croatia game was going to be much much better than the Swiss/French game.

In any case, the mood around the house was a lot better than it was the day before when the Americans got trounced (and played so poorly that the French commentators said that they were playing like school boys).

And concerning the Americans, I am somewhat considering going to watch the tomorrow's game against Italy at a small pub near my inlaws' home which I am certain will be full of Italians. :D

No offense Wiegie, but how anyone could be satisified with such a horribly played game that ended without either team coming close to scoring, is beyond me. Unless of course, winning just isnt very important to these teams. But then again we are dealing with France and Switzerland who know about being rescued, but arent really familiar with taking part in a victory. They were probably just happy that the Germans didnt march onto the field and take over the game. :D

Did you show your wife and uncle the comments in this thread? Tell her that we Americans are kidding about the Swiss. We dont dislike them at all. I would say we are indifferent or dare I say it, NUETRAL toward the Swiss. The French on the other hand are out sworn enemies. France is hated by most Americans that I know and we certainly dont see them as our friends.

Dude, if you think the French people stink, wait until you are in a pub full of sweaty Italians! :D Oh my god! Seriously, Europeans discovered the New World 500 years ago, but they still havent discovered deodorant. And the Italians are the worst smelling of the bunch. At least the WOP's we have in the United States have the decency to attempt to cover their stench with a splash of Aqua Velva or Brute. Not those Mustache Petes though! People ask me how I liked Italy and I always say, "it was great except for the horrible smell"... :D

Dude, if you think the French people stink, wait until you are in a pub full of sweaty Italians! :D Oh my god! Seriously, Europeans discovered the New World 500 years ago, but they still havent discovered deodorant. And the Italians are the worst smelling of the bunch. At least the WOP's we have in the United States have the decency to attempt to cover their stench with a splash of Aqua Velva or Brute. Not those Mustache Petes though! People ask me how I liked Italy and I always say, "it was great except for the horrible smell"... :D

What does an Italian call a wifebeater shirt? Air conditioning.

What do you call the moisture between two southerners having sex ?

Relative humidity