[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trades in your league

djmatt

there is no correct answer. i don't care "who thought of it 1st", if someone is able to trade LJ for Fred Taylor that's bs. even if the owner giving up on LJ doesn't intend to sandbag there has to be a way to police the league. i think a vote is probably the safest way to regulate damage control.

i think a vote is probably the safest way to regulate damage control.

absolutely not. i would not be in a league where trades were approved by vote. it's called honor people. you join the league with the continual intent to improve your team and do the best you can. if you can't get those basics right with everyone, then what is the point? the commish is the keeper and if it must come down to a decision (which it shouldn't ever have to), then they make the final call, only overturning in the face of a confession or overwhelming evidence (whatever that is ...)

oh, and if you have an idiot making bonehead trades because he is a bonehead and doesn't know any better, then he gets taken advantage of by the first lucky owner to exploit him ... of course, hopefully there is no exploitation and, as gentlemen, we help along those who are new to the game. if a person does not seem capable of improving upon his trading skills and is always causing issues, then he is politely asked to not come back next year. the hell you will endure while they are still active and making deals is what you deserve for either letting in a doofus to your league or not knowing enough about the league you were joining and the other owners.

yeah, i agree with what everyone says. We actually have a 2 man 'commish' to keep each other in order (somewhat of check/balance)......I got a ton of crap cuz I traded Kevin Curtis for Jamal Lewis last year, and everyone said I ROBBED that owner....it was done towards end of season;

well, Curtis ended up with 801 yards and 6 tds....Lewis, 906 yards and 3 tds....so NOT a lopsided trade

oh, and if you have an idiot making bonehead trades because he is a bonehead and doesn't know any better, then he gets taken advantage of by the first lucky owner to exploit him

i could not disagree more. this is a very subjective topic as are alot of trades. value should be exchanged by both parties in order for a trade to be legit imo. bvolek for pmanning - just becuase 1 owner was able to get another to agree to it the trade should be shot down. if you have a commish that will justly police the league great, the vote however should secure other gm's that the commish doesn't share the additude of tonorator or isn't the gm getting manning for volek.

No way should trades be voted on by the membership.

If there is no collusion there is no basis for stopping the trade.

Everybody has their own opinions on how players will perform in the future and I see no reason why anybody else's opinion should override the opinions of the owners making a trade.

All trades are kosher unless you can prove collusion.

I already had 2 non-collusive BOTH leagues cancelled this year because a commish (different leagues) thought it was too much "in my favor", and both trades were proposed by the other party. :D

i could not disagree more. this is a very subjective topic as are alot of trades. value should be exchanged by both parties in order for a trade to be legit imo. bvolek for pmanning - just becuase 1 owner was able to get another to agree to it the trade should be shot down. if you have a commish that will justly police the league great, the vote however should secure other gm's that the commish doesn't share the additude of tonorator or isn't the gm getting manning for volek.

you cut off my statement. i said that hopefully the gm's would act as gentlemen and not swoop down for the kill with a newbie in the league ... if they do, however, and the newb thinks that volek is a good deal for manning, then the deal goes through, period. the newb learns a valuable lesson and the league has to decide if they want to keep the newb if he is indeed this clueless.

the problem is that it is usually never easy to draw the line. even volek for manning for this upcoming season could be viable if someone thinks volek will break out and manning is on the downside. who are you to step in and stop an owner from managing his team? do you really want to be in a league where others will come in and stop you if they think you are getting too much value in a trade?

:nod:

muck just completed the following trades in our dynasty/salary cap league:

Volek + KRobinson for SAlexander + MMorris

Edge + Porter + Witten for Aaron Rogers + SJackson

dynasty adds entirely different dynamics given salary management and rebuilding processes ... owners definitely have to be free in a league like this to maneuver as they see fit.

Peyton sucks. He should stick to doing his stupid commercials because thats about all he is worth at this point. I loved the statement he made recently about how he's going to try and overcome the loss of Edgerin James, which was basically that he (Peyton) would start trying to run the ball more often. Oh that will work out great pretty-boy. In fact, I can't wait to see your pasty white ass try that...I wonder what the end result would be?

Volek could very easily be better than the pretty-boy this year based on the weapons that he will have and the fact that he's put up strong numbers in the past as well. This year will be the turning point in Manning's career.

"the problem is that it is usually never easy to draw the line. even volek for manning for this upcoming season could be viable if someone thinks volek will break out and manning is on the downside. who are you to step in and stop an owner from managing his team? do you really want to be in a league where others will come in and stop you if they think you are getting too much value in a trade?"

Very well said. The one thing I will point out though is that the guy getting Volek in this situation probably shouldn't be doing the trade this early on since it isn't completely certain at this point (though it seems relatively certain) that he will be the starter. He could certainly stand to wait until the season is near.

we agree to disagree. it's all good. i like vanilla, most appear to like chocolate. to me, volek for manning is in no way a square trade. i can't be convinced otherwise. manning is an mvp canidate. assuming both players are healthy manning is close to a lock for 30 td's. he's a top 3 qb in pretty much any scoring system. you can't say the same for volek. not even close.

i think most of us would agree volek is a temp solution until vyoung is deemed ready by the titans to take over the reins. manning is the starter for years to come, volek will be lucky if he starts 14 games in 2006. he's quite possibly a career backup.

most of you here are very savy ff players. no one would trade manning for volek. in my league if the commish let that trade go through i would see it as 1 sided.

to the point that has been made multiple times, there has to be trust in the other owners. i agree. the league for the most part polices it's self. 9 out of 10 owners deleted the trade proposal when it hits the inbox if it's 1 sided.