[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain Playing on Poker Stars Right Now!

spain

SPAIN WINS...

Board [Kh 4c 9d 4d 5s]

Seat 1: jusfoolin (big blind) showed [As 9s] and lost with two pair, Nines and Fours

Seat 8: Huddler (button) (small blind) showed [Ts Tc] and won (216192) with two pair, Tens and Fours

Time to pass the $$ around Spain. Don't hoard it :D

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won!!! $1050 for me!!! woohoo!!

Final hand I had pocket 10's and just call. He raises 3XBB. I go all in. He calls with A9 suited and my 10"s hold up. He was good player. We went all long time heads up. Both of us changed up our games heads up. I sucked out a couple times on him. Once 3 handed and once heads up. $1050 for Spain!!!

Final hand I had pocket 10's and just call. He raises 3XBB. I go all in. He calls with A9 suited and my 10"s hold up. He was good player. We went all long time heads up. Both of us changed up our games heads up. I sucked out a couple times on him. Once 3 handed and once heads up. $1050 for Spain!!!

Great call on his raise. He may have ditched a re-raise, fearing big pocket pair.

He did his share of suck-outs earlier in the tournament, so he was playing with alot of dead money.

Those 20+2 SnG's are nice. I may have to try one of those on Saturday when I have a few hours to commit.

Nice job.

Edit: AH.. I didn't see that you re-raised him all in!!! I had switched off to complete an edited post here. That was a semi-loose call on his part. If he misses with a rainbow flop, he's dug a deep hole with his ace and weak kicker. Perfect hand to have - those 10s. Either way... good job! :D

Edited by darin3

Congrats Spain.

spain's pushin this guy hard and at the right time

153k to 117k

potential monster hand goes to spain pre-river

spain's opponent is from alexandria, va... so we got ourselves a nice civil war here! yankees vs. the good ole boy spain!

spain takes down a stinker hand to go up 168k to 101k

and now we swing back to even...

Hey Darin. Virginia was actually a part of the confederacy, but you may want to ask TimC to confirm that... :D

Great call on his raise. He may have ditched a re-raise, fearing big pocket pair.

He did his share of suck-outs earlier in the tournament, so he was playing with alot of dead money.

Those 20+2 SnG's are nice. I may have to try one of those on Saturday when I have a few hours to commit.

Nice job.

Edit: AH.. I didn't see that you re-raised him all in!!! I had switched off to complete an edited post here. That was a semi-loose call on his part. If he misses with a rainbow flop, he's dug a deep hole with his ace and weak kicker. Perfect hand to have - those 10s. Either way... good job! :D

This guy was a strong player and of the last 4 or 5 players, he was not the one I wanted to go heads up with. I really was targeting that guy "Messy". I knew I would catch him making some stupid move. Bastien was also a good player imo.

When we got heads-up, he and I both kept changing gears trying to throw each other off. It was exhausting after a while and he and I were even joking about it in the chat box. But toward the end, when I had the button and simply called or made the minimal raise, he would fairly consistantly raise me to 24k from 6k. So, I was looking for the right opportunity. I got the pocket 10's, which I am not the best player with mid pairs, but heads up this is an outstanding hand. I either simply called the BB I think of $6k. He comes over top for $24k. I then re-raise him all in. He thinks for quite awhile before making the call with A 9. Heads up, any A is good, so I cant really fault his play there. Plus, he had already committed more than 1/4 of his chip stack into the pot. I had gone all in numerous times in the face of big raises by him, so he knew I can have anything.

Once we flip the cards, he is a pretty big dog. He need either an A or 2 runners. He didnt get it and I took it down. I made notes on at least a half a dozen players in this tourney. I love the ability to take notes because you will see those same players later.

Now with regard to my play, Perch was pretty critical of my tight play. and I did go completely into my shell a few times, throwing away everything but premium hands. But that is after I had already amassed a hugh chip stack. No need to take chances when I am heading straight for that final table. Please critique my play and let me know what you would have done differently.

Hey Darin. Virginia was actually a part of the confederacy, but you may want to ask TimC to confirm that... :D

:D I always forget that. :D

This guy was a strong player and of the last 4 or 5 players, he was not the one I wanted to go heads up with. I really was targeting that guy "Messy". I knew I would catch him making some stupid move. Bastien was also a good player imo.

When we got heads-up, he and I both kept changing gears trying to throw each other off. It was exhausting after a while and he and I were even joking about it in the chat box. But toward the end, when I had the button and simply called or made the minimal raise, he would fairly consistantly raise me to 24k from 6k. So, I was looking for the right opportunity. I got the pocket 10's, which I am not the best player with mid pairs, but heads up this is an outstanding hand. I either simply called the BB I think of $6k. He comes over top for $24k. I then re-raise him all in. He thinks for quite awhile before making the call with A 9. Heads up, any A is good, so I cant really fault his play there. Plus, he had already committed more than 1/4 of his chip stack into the pot. I had gone all in numerous times in the face of big raises by him, so he knew I can have anything.

Once we flip the cards, he is a pretty big dog. He need either an A or 2 runners. He didnt get it and I took it down. I made notes on at least a half a dozen players in this tourney. I love the ability to take notes because you will see those same players later.

Now with regard to my play, Perch was pretty critical of my tight play. and I did go completely into my shell a few times, throwing away everything but premium hands. But that is after I had already amassed a hugh chip stack. No need to take chances when I am heading straight for that final table. Please critique my play and let me know what you would have done differently.

Agree with all... he knew he was probably up against a pretty good hand when he was pushed all-in. So I guess it wasn't THAT bad (or semi-loose) of a call. And yeah, at that point, you had to go with a hand like A9s.

:D

No question. Lee fought out of loyalty to Virginia, not necessarily the Confederacy ...

I'm starting up a 6-table $10+1 tourney myself.

I won't start a thread since it's an infant compared to what spain was in, both in terms of time and potential payouts. :D

Don't have much time to play, and I've run into a cold streak of cards lately.

If anyone cares to watch the tournament, my username on PokerStars is also 'darin3'.

I don't know most of what you were talking about, but congrats. :D

Well, then be sure to bring your bankroll to Vegas for WCOFF! There is always an open seat for you at my poker table! :D

I'm starting up a 6-table $10+1 tourney myself.

I won't start a thread since it's an infant compared to what spain was in, both in terms of time and potential payouts. :D

Don't have much time to play, and I've run into a cold streak of cards lately.

If anyone cares to watch the tournament, my username on PokerStars is also 'darin3'.

Good luck to you Darin and nice job Spain.

Playing on line is the nuts compared to playing live. Live play is sooooooo slow once you've been playing for a while on the internet.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Good luck to you Darin and nice job Spain.

Playing on line is the nuts compared to playing live. Live play is sooooooo slow once you've been playing for a while on the internet.

I'm still alive. 15th place out of 17 remaining. Top 7 paid.

How long did that take ???? gotta break that down to an hourly wage to see if it was worth it :D .. :D

I think it took about 4 hours.