[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goin camping this weekend

peepinmofo

Im going camping at a place with springs.

www.ginniespringsonline.com

Camping to me is one of the funnest, most relaxing things to do. Gonna kick ass floatin down the river with some beers in one hand, and a fatty in the other. hahaha ...Not the woman.

What are some of your favorite things to do while camping?

What are some of your favorite things to do while camping?

I did the campfires, cold beer, and the fact that bathing becomes "optional." Ideally, I like car camping so I can bring my mountain bike and go for day rides. But the only camping I've done in the last two years has been with infants, which doesn't exactly lend itself to a wide spectrum of activities.

Just went camping last weekend near San Diego with 4 families + 2 older single chicks. I'll tell ya, 11 young kids (oldest is 8) + 10 adults makes for a near military style operation: coordinated meals and materials for everyone to bring (don't lose your lists, or else! "OK, who forgot the marshmellos?") shifts for eating/showering, pre-planned duties for everyone. Its car camping but with tents. Cars come in handy when you have to drive a cranky 9-mo. old around to get her to sleep.

It's fun, but a lot of work taking care of the kids. We had kid-friendly hikes, fishing, bug walks & bird talks (courtesy of the park rangers) and cold dips in the lake/streams. Plus some games/card playing on the side.

The best part is the 1-2 hours around the fire after the munchkins finally pass out in the tents. If you can keep your eyes open, the alcohol, desserts, cigars and good stories almost make up for all the day's work...

I did the campfires, cold beer, and the fact that bathing becomes "optional." Ideally, I like car camping so I can bring my Brokeback mountain bike and go for day rides. But the only camping I've done in the last two years has been with infants, which doesn't exactly lend itself to a wide rectum of activities.

:D

Just went camping last weekend near San Diego with 4 families + 2 older single chicks. I'll tell ya, 11 young kids (oldest is 8) + 10 adults makes for a near military style operation: coordinated meals and materials for everyone to bring (don't lose your lists, or else! "OK, who forgot the marshmellos?") shifts for eating/showering, pre-planned duties for everyone. Its car camping but with tents. Cars come in handy when you have to drive a cranky 9-mo. old around to get her to sleep.

It's fun, but a lot of work taking care of the kids. We had kid-friendly hikes, fishing, bug walks & bird talks (courtesy of the park rangers) and cold dips in the lake/streams. Plus some games/card playing on the side.

The best part is the 1-2 hours around the fire after the munchkins finally pass out in the tents. If you can keep your eyes open, the alcohol, desserts, cigars and good stories almost make up for all the day's work...

Good times....As far as I know only one or 2 kids are going, and they are both like 8-10. Should be a jolly good time.

Next time, elaborate a bit more about the single chicks. Big cans? :D

Nothing beats kicking back with a couple of cold ones around a fire. A guitar is always welcome. As is Creamora.

Creamora? :D

Yup, take a handfull of creamora and toss it into the fire. Don't throw it in one big clump, but spread it out a little. Enjoy the show. Repeat.

Edited by Kid Cid

My idea of camping is staying at the Double Tree instead of the Hilton... :D

Or in a 37' RV with TV, shower, bed, frig, etc. Did all the "camping" I wanted back with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, :D .

Do enjoy the fire and drinks, though.

Creamora? :D

Yup, take a handfull of creamora and toss it into the fire. Don't throw it in one big clump, but spread it out a little. Enjoy the show. Repeat.

So will Coffemate work or must it be Creamora? Reminds me of the copper pipe / garden hose thing they put in campfires round these parts. Pretty colors. :D