[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

players you normally avoid?

Avernus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QB

Trent Green - never really liked him...he seems to get most of his yds in bunches and they are a run heavy offense.

Michael Vick - don't like him, plus I'd have a heart attack every time he ran...

Ben Roethlisberger - they run, run, run and sometimes pass unless they are down...but their defense is so good that it doesn't happen often.

RB

Warrick Dunn - he has some great games and then he'll disappear for awhile...just not the style of player I draft I guess

Shaun Alexander - I had him the 1st season he came in and did well...but ever since then...I always had a bad feeling and was never in the position to have to draft him anyways...he has a reputation around the NFL for hitting the hole soft (insert tailgate type joke here) and had a great season in a career year which has me only drafting him because I can get 2 stud players in return for trade.....I could elaborate on this all day long....but I'm wrapping this up right now...

Fred Taylor - I had him in 98 and he helped me win my 1st title in my 1st year....after that, nothing...never had him again and never thought about it...add Curtis Martin to this list and DD/Tiki(but I'll draft Tiki this year)

WR

Eddie Kennison - never really liked him...I kind of wished he had more flash or had more explosive games and consisted more volatility....but then I'd likely end up knocking him for not being consistent...oh well lol

Jimmy Smith - although he retired....I kept wondering if this is the year he disappears....and he keeps coming....I still let someone else take that risk...

Eric Moulds - I always thought he had the talent...but just never seemed to string games together.....I had Price in the year they both went off and was happy I drafted Price 4 rounds after Moulds was had....

TE

Tony Gonzales - he always went too early for my liking...and even though I think Gates is a great pick in the 3rd round...I never said that about Gonzo...no clue why...I just always allowed someone else to value him higher than I did....

Jeremy Shockey - up until last year...he had trouble staying healthy...I always looked at players like LJ Smith and Todd Heap over him because of this....and I don't know why....because Heap is injury prone as well...except last year where he laughed in my face in week 15 where my opponent beat me by 1 point because of him......I HATE YOU TODD HEAP ...and LJ Smith will always be that overlooked TE....but I think the TE pool is as rich as it's ever been right now and will only get richer....

QB

McNabb

Why? I was born and raised in Syracuse, NY and saw McNabb 2 dozen times in person at the Carrier Dome. McNabb is one of my favorite 'Cuse players of all times. And when I draft people in Fantasy Sports, I will jynx them 99 outta 100 times. Since his first year in the league, I have never owned him in Fantasy Football. I feel that I owe that to him for his play at SU

RB

[/b]Jamal Lewis

Why? I owned him in 4 leagues last year. Enough said.

WR

Moss

Why? I don't like him as a person or a player.

ALL

Any Cowboy, Redskin, or Eagle......at least ones that are avoidable

Why? I bleed NY Blue. It's hard for me to root for division rivals

BIGMIKE

QB...Aaron Brooks. Yes, I realize he played for the football challenged Saints, but the once or twice I've had him on my roster he has been a feast or famine guy and he always seems to suffer a famine week right after a FF feast. I never turn my back on any player during a draft, but I will have to think long and hard about picking him again.

RB...Thomas Jones. He had a good year last year but has cost me more than one game by being a game time scratch or being hurt during the first or second series. :D By staying away from OTA's in Chicago he's making a small hole even larger for Cedric Benson to run through.

WR...Andre Johnson. He was such a huge disappointment last season when he was my WR2 in a four WR league. I haven't written him off this season but am curious to see what kind of pressure Eric Moulds can take off him.

QB

Vick - too inconsistent, hype doesn't match production, and even if he IS what they say, he's not a very good fantasy pick.

Mark Brunell - had him once; he's tolerable, but essentially is in the Troy Aikman/Kerry Collins mold - even IF he racks up yds, he just doesn't seem to find the end zone often enough

Drew Bledsoe - actually, I don't consciously avoid him, but I don't think I've ever had him on a team for whatever reason

RB

Denver RBs - if anyone has the slightest inkling how Shanny determines his RB rotation, let me know

Westbrook - a bit inconsistent, seems to always be dinged

Pittman - always seems to have some off-field issue, doesn't score tds

WR

Burress - will have an all-world game then disappear for a month

Joey Galloway - I've always felt he has been overvalued; last year, his production finally caught up with his reputation

Brandon Stokely - why would I draft a #3 WR that highly?

TE

Anyone who scores 4-6 tds but only gets 2-3 catches a game. TE is one position where I will overdraft to make sure I get a premium player

yeah, I forgot Jamal....I never owned him or wanted to...

I had no complaints about Jamal (other than he was a Raven) when I rode him to my one and only championship in 2003. Have not had him since.

QB

Plummer - Expectations have been too high for him since day one in the NFL.

Vick - Too big of a risk-taker with his body. Favre (my perennial QB) takes risks with his throws, big difference.

Peyton - Who am I kidding, I just never have the beanbag to pick him that high.

RB

Jamal - See above

Fred Taylor - Once bitten, twice shy.

Curtis Martin - Have thought he was washed up for the past 6 years, but he keeps coming back

WR

Meshawn - Had him 10 years ago, just never seemed to make it work outside NY

TO - Just can't stand him. Would take the comparable WR every time

Chris Chambers - Not sure why, just never cared for a MIA WR since before I started playing FF

TE

Bubba Franks - Always seems lazy

Todd Heap - Injury prone and bad offenses have never made him a good pick for as high as he goes.

Edited by Pitbull739

QB

Aaron Brooks: although to be fair, I think a lot of people avoid him too.

Byron Leftwich: I've never thought that the Jax offense was something that would put up a lot of points.

Brett Favre: He has killed the Lions during his career. I just can't have him on my team.

RB

Domanick Davis: meh, never did much for me.

Deuce McCallister: in general, I avoid Saints players.

Fred Taylor: I can never remember if it's even or odd years that are good for him.

WR

Jimmy Smith: I guess I have a Jax thing and a Saints thing.

TO: I had him during his "down" year in SF. I picked him fairly high, and I vowed never to pick him again.

Philly receivers: why bother?

M Vick, B Leftwich, D Carr

F Taylor, K Jones, C Martin

L. Coles, J Horn, A Johnson (learned my lesson last year. :D )

B Franks, J Shockey, any DEN TE

Reason I give is that IMO they are too risky for their normal draft position and too inconsistent.

Jake the mistake- I avoid him like the plague

Any of the Jones', until they show me something. Although Julius saved my season 2 years ago, last year he let me down.

Plaxico and Keyshawn- for some reason they remind me of each other. Seems like every time I start Plax he doesn't do squat. Then I bench him and he has a career day.

Gonzo let me down big time last year and I won't make that mistake again, at least not that early in the draft.

I always try to avoid the "no offense" teams. This year I think the Jags will win the award. Their D will keep them in games similar to the 2000 Ravens but the O will suck big time.

QB- Trent Green, M. Vick, P. Manning ( I'd never take a QB in the 1st round)

RB- Fragile Fred, Dunn, and probably Westbrook this year

WR- Bruce, Toomer, and any Falcons receivers

TE- I always try to get a top tier guy, so there's nobody specific I avoid.

I always try to draft "can't miss" players in the first 3 rounds, and then it's best value available.

TO: I had him during his "down" year in SF. I picked him fairly high, and I vowed never to pick him again.

Philly receivers: why bother?

Same here. Picked him in the 2nd round and never recovered.

QB

Vick, let me down too many times last year and I gladly waived him.

RB

Jamal. Had him last year.

WR

Keyshawn and Moss. Don't like either as people or players.

Kennison after what he did in Denver

Robert Ferguson.

Edited by Randall

QB

McNabb

Why? I was born and raised in Syracuse, NY and saw McNabb 2 dozen times in person at the Carrier Dome. McNabb is one of my favorite 'Cuse players of all times. And when I draft people in Fantasy Sports, I will jynx them 99 outta 100 times. Since his first year in the league, I have never owned him in Fantasy Football. I feel that I owe that to him for his play at SU

WR

[/b]Moss

Why? I don't like him as a person or a player.

ALL

Any Cowboy, Redskin, or Eagle......at least ones that are avoidable

Why? I bleed NY Blue. It's hard for me to root for division rivals

BIGMIKE

I hope you don't play for money. I am an Eagles fan and I would love to not root for other NFC East players, but if the best player available is from Dallas, Washington, or Ney York you better believe I am taking him. I think not drafting a player because he is on a team you don't like is a hugh mistake.

QB - Aaron Brooks - Never had a high opinion of him anyhow and he never really shined as much as he was predicted to.

RB - Corey Dillon - After owning him last year and being told he was going to start and then watching him sit on the sidelines in full uniform, i just cant afford to have him on my team. He cost me a few games...

QB

Vick - Always went too high and never had him as a QB on numerous teams

Leftwich - Unless I can get him late as a #2.

RB

Barber - And pretty much always been wrong on him....maybe I'll be right now that he is consistenly being picked as a top #6 RB.

S. Jackson - although I'd take him late first round this year.

Jones Brothers - after last year....I'll be hesitant for these guys and definitely avoid as a #1RB.

WR

Oddly enough....there isn't too many recievers I'd avoid because there output depends too much on external

factors. A. Johnson burned me pretty good last year though.

I don't discriminate against individual players. However, I don't usually end up with many players who are either second year starters or just had a breakout season after doing little or nothing the rest of their career on my roster. They always end up going one round ahead of where I would feel comfortable taking them.

For example, in this year's drafts, a lot of people will take Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Steven Jackson, and Lamont Jordan ahead of guys like Rudi Johnson. Not me. I had a couple of those guys on my teams last year when I was able to get them late in the 2nd round or in the 3rd round, but a 1st round pick is just too much to pay for one good season of production.

That's why I avoided Willis McGahee like the plague last season.

Edited by tomfin2000

don't forget matt Hasselbeck....

oh, he just had a great year?....that means it's time to avoid him...

:D That's akin to believing in the Madden curse. Seattle is one of the top three offenses in the NFL and if he had a good year statistically with SA getting 28 TD's....There is no way I hesitate to draft Hass if the circumstances are right.

:D That's akin to believing in the Madden curse. Seattle is one of the top three offenses in the NFL and if he had a good year statistically with SA getting 28 TD's....There is no way I hesitate to draft Hass if the circumstances are right.

you can have him, then...I don't trust Hass...

WR

[/b]Moss

I understand he's had his moments, but the guy has played through injuries more than any player outside of McNair the last two years.

Off the field he's charitable and community oriented. How can you not like him as a person?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2499476

Maybe I'm a bit biased due to meeting him a few times when he used to come down here to Charlotte to work out with Thigpen. Played pick-up ball with him and he was nothing short of a genuine, humble, and overall nice person. And that's one reason why I will always have him on my fantasy team

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE