[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I overly sensitive?

Chavez

Women should never, ever, be allowed to be in control of the television when the man of the house is at home. My 2 kids actually call the remote controls for our televisions, "Daddys Remote". Not "The remote". Not "A remote". It is "Daddys Remote". Unfortunately, with a 4 and 2 year old in the house, Daddys remote is always tuned to a channel with cartoons on. :D

That said, I am in believer in having a television in every room of the house. I am like the dude on the commercial that had a plasma in the bathroom, in the chest of drawers, on the ceiling, etc. We have the tv going constantly. I havent had 1 tv since college. I currently have reduced my television count to just 1 in the master bedroom; 1 in the formal living room; 1 in the kitchen; 1 in the movie room where we all hang out; 1 in my wifes office; 1 in the basement. Its been a struggle to get by with so few, but we as a family are dealing with the situation as best we can.

As to your question, yes you are a sensitive little fairy. You have apparently been watching too much of the Oxygen Chanel. You have been Oprahized my man. Whats next? You going to become a figure skater? :D

Edited by spain

Okay, so we have one tv in our house. That's all the background you need.

Generally, I use the tv for viewing sports and movies I rent (and the occasional HBO series such as The Sopranos or Deadwood)...anyway, I'm sitting in our living room contentedly reading a magazine and eating dinner, when my wife gets home, grabs some of the din-din I made for her, and sits down for about 10 seconds before turning the tv on.

I felt she should have at least maybe asked "do you mind?"; I'd hate to see the reaction if I wanted to listen to a CD when Grey's Anatomy was on or something.

Wait until next Monday before doing anything. When she comes in switch to ch. 244 (assuming you have dtv) and treat her to 5 continous hours of SG-1. That'll teach her.

We have 6 TV's in the house and need 7 or 8 to be complete:

Family room

Family room basement

LCD wall mounted by pool table basement

3 bedrooms upstairs.

We need 2 more for the other bedrooms, thought about kitchen but it is open to the family room so that works for now.

only one tv in the house?

Well where does your bed face then?

We have 4. Living room, bedroom, kids play room and one I bring out for the superbowl that goes in the bathroom so you don't miss anything.

We have eight TVs and there's only two of us. Three of them are in the same room. :D

Jeez Louise, you and BFD need to form a support group

:D

Hey, wait a minute. :D

Fu*k you. :D

I'm ordering my next one from a f'n catalog. :D

Edited by Big F'n Dave

Okay, so we have one tv in our house. That's all the background you need.

Generally, I use the tv for viewing sports and movies I rent (and the occasional HBO series such as The Sopranos or Deadwood)...anyway, I'm sitting in our living room contentedly reading a magazine and eating dinner, when my wife gets home, grabs some of the din-din I made for her, and sits down for about 10 seconds before turning the tv on.

I felt she should have at least maybe asked "do you mind?"; I'd hate to see the reaction if I wanted to listen to a CD when Grey's Anatomy was on or something.

:D umm, call my mother in law, i'm pretty sure she saw an oprah all about this. if not, there's probably an article in cosmo...i believe the answer is that you need to wear sexier clothes.

Sounds like an emotional hole somewhere in the relationship. Adding more TVs to the household will only make it easier for you to escape the REAL reason for the apparent slight. I suggest a TV moratorium for you and your wife for at least a week. Instead of spending mindless time staring at electronic, mind-numbing, insulting-your-intelligence gibberish, I recommend a couple of hours a day spent talking with each other about your hopes, dreams, fears, and where you see this relationship going.

If that doesn't work get a gun and do a clean job of it. :D

Wait until next Monday before doing anything. When she comes in switch to ch. 244 (assuming you have dtv) and treat her to 5 continous hours of SG-1. That'll teach her.

She loves Stargate. My mileage varies.

Besides, Monday we'll be humping goats....erm, having a few beers with spain in Chi-town.

I did hear recently that couples with a tv in the bedroom have a reduced sex life of roughly 40%. That would explain why y'all spend so much time here...:D

Reason #1 through 28 I will NEVER allow a tv in the bedroom.

Of course, when the spouse stays up until midnight watching god-knows-what then comes to bed and fights you off with "I'm tired" I'm sure it's the same effect.