[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

K Rob Signs

kryptonite

Packers, Robinson agree on two-year deal

Link

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5955056

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Posted: 5 minutes ago

The up-and-down career of former first-rounder Koren Robinson is about to take another up.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Green Bay Packers have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the troubled receiver. He is expected to sign the actual contract within the next 24 hours.

The contract is believed to have protection in case Robinson's legal problems resurface.

Robinson was released by the Minnesota Vikings in August, just 10 days after he was charged with drunken driving and fleeing police. On Aug. 15, Robinson's blue BMW was caught on radar going more than 100 mph in a 55-mph zone. According to police, when they tried to pull him over, Robinson refused to stop and a high-speed chase ensued. The criminal complaint said Robinson's blood-alcohol content was measured at 0.11 percent.

It wasn't Robinson's first brush with the law or substance abuse. In 2005, Robinson pleaded guilty to DUI while with the Seattle Seahawks. And in 2004, he was suspended for four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Prior to his arrest in August, Robinson had appeared to put his issues behind him, putting together a Pro Bowl campaign in Minnesota.

Isn't he going to be suspended for a good while by the NFL anyway? Or will the commish look the other way, to do anything to help the woeful Packers?

No the Cowboys are the ones always getting help from the league. Since the Ice Bowl they played in GB a total of 1 game and over a dozen were in Dallas. Just one example. Te Pats are always getting preferential treatment as well.

Back to KRob.

I heard the league doesn't have to wait for a trial to suspend him. Since he was in treatment they could do it anytime becaue he vioated the agreement. Think back to Onterrio-it took them weeks to do it.

The contract has provisions for legal problems. I doubt he'll play long.

No the Cowboys are the ones always getting help from the league. Since the Ice Bowl they played in GB a total of 1 game and over a dozen were in Dallas. Just one example. Te Pats are always getting preferential treatment as well.

Back to KRob.

I heard the league doesn't have to wait for a trial to suspend him. Since he was in treatment they could do it anytime becaue he vioated the agreement. Think back to Onterrio-it took them weeks to do it.

The contract has provisions for legal problems. I doubt he'll play long.

The Packers have to believe he will be okay to play, I don't think they would knowingly sign a guy who is going to be suspended for a year, even if it does have provisions for his legal problems. Maybe they think they can get the trial delayed, but if it was that wouldn't you think it would only be a year long contract?

Or heck, maybe it's a two year contract because they know he will be suspended this year but he will be available next.

You think that was intentional? :D:lol::lol: It isn't true for starters, as I found at least 3 games they played in GB since the Ice Bowl, and another 4 in Milwaukee.

It was a by-product of their old scheduling system which also saw Tampa play once in Buffalo in a 27 year stretch. That's why they won't expand anytime soon because they have the perfect home and home every 8 years guaranteed with every other team.

I'd be willing to bet that they put the Cowboys in Milwaukee those times not to help them out, but because before Lambeau was redone the Milwaukee stadium probably held a larger crowd so they steered the high gate teams into the county stadium at the request of the Pack to sell that many more tickets, because those games were pre-Favre when you guys looked like you did this past weekend.

Not everything is a :D economics drives this as well, lulu.

The Packers have to believe he will be okay to play, I don't think they would knowingly sign a guy who is going to be suspended for a year, even if it does have provisions for his legal problems. Maybe they think they can get the trial delayed, but if it was that wouldn't you think it would only be a year long contract?

Or heck, maybe it's a two year contract because they know he will be suspended this year but he will be available next.

They signed him today so they would not have to guarantee his salary for the year. He did visit with the Pack last week.

He may get in 4 games in before the league sits him down for the season. Most likely running back kicks like he did for the Vikes last year. He is very good at that. More important, Koren kept talking last year about how grateful he was to Tice for picking him up last year, I would think for such a small amount of money, they are looking ahead to next season.

Wow, you people sure go off on people with alcohol problems. I mean it is hard to get over alcoholism, it's a lot of people's comfort item. He doesn't seem like a bad person, I mean hate people like OJ Simpson, or Rae Carruth, not a guy with an alcohol problem. He was even TRYING to fix it. He does not deserve the label of a dirtbag.

I mean how many of you on here drink?

Yea, it was dumb of him to drive drunk, completely moronic, but it isn't like he showed up at his job hammered out of his mind.

Alcoholism is hard thing to beat, but you guys all seem to think its all his fault and he's a dirtbag for drinking. Maybe he was having a horrible night and the only thing he could think of was going to his comfort item.

Edited by CD6405

Wow, you people sure go off on people with alcohol problems. I mean it is hard to get over alcoholism, it's a lot of people's comfort item. He doesn't seem like a bad person, I mean hate people like OJ Simpson, or Rae Carruth, not a guy with an alcohol problem. He was even TRYING to fix it. He does not deserve the label of a dirtbag.

I mean how many of you on here drink?

Yea, it was dumb of him to drive drunk, completely moronic, but it isn't like he showed up at his job hammered out of his mind.

Alcoholism is hard thing to beat, but you guys all seem to think its all his fault and he's a dirtbag for drinking. Maybe he was having a horrible night and the only thing he could think of was going to his comfort item.

Seven years sober Mack. And I got real responsibilities in life. Not playing a game for a living.

does this signing mean that everything I've read about GB loving Jennings goes out the window?

On the surface I'd say this signing hurts Jennings owners a little. But K-Rob still has to prove he can get on the field and consistently produce. When was the last time he put together a solid season? '02 or '03? and even then he wasn't top ten at his position.

Plus the fact that he has to learn the offense, K-Rob has much to prove and little time to prove it.

A guy can only get so many second chances...