[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How God Awful is Kornheiser?

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kornheiser's best comment came right after he made the comment about having Santana Moss on his team. He said he tried to draft all players who had Monday night games so he had an excuse to stay up and watch.

I got a chuckle.

For those who never listened to his radio show, that was a reference to him always getting ripped for going to bed early and not watching games.

i actually liked corn-shizer. but i liked dennis miller, too. :D

even if you don't really like cornshizer's schtick, if you think he's worse in any way whatsoever than theesman you need to have your head examined.

i also agree with whoever said they enjoyed the broadcast team for the second game. they were solid. who was that play-by-play guy, i don't remember seeing him before.

also, on sunday, greg gumbel and dan dierdorf did the broncos/rams game and i have to say those guys are very good together.

I've always liked Brad Nessler and think he's a bit underrated, and I thought Vermeil was great. Jaws was a bit loud and annoying, and I agree with the above that he's better suited for bit pieces in the studio.

I say plug in Nessler and Vermeil for the rest of the season and deep six the garbage they've got.

+1

I could go with this. I don't mind Jaws, either, I like the way he broke down plays. I it's like watching the Edge Matchup live!

korny brings nothing to the show, he isnt funny......period, and if you think he is that only means you must have been drinking heavily. seemed to me several times the other two were trying to reign him in from some stupid rant. :D

that being said, i too will take the second team which included vermeil. these guys were excellent considering the game that was being played was absolutely uninteresting. :D

I think there is a reason NO ONE else says they have this guy or that guy on a FF team. It's sick (IMO). I don't care about TKs FF team. You want to hear about this every week?

Teriko said "are we going to be hearing about this every week?" as if to tell TK we all could care less.

TK does have some moments as 'joe the fan' but I liked Dennis Miller a lot better (I'm the only one who liked him I think, can't hear enough Kirkagard references on MNF IMO).

I want to hear someone talk about Fantasy football at times, because lets face it, thats why 1/3 of the audince is watching, and although I don't care about his team, i do care about someone talking about the issues that FFL'rs are interested in and how certain key players perform, as well as the obvious points about the game itself.

TK is the first guy to at least recognize that there is a game within a game going on where most folks are tuning in to watch certain players, and could care less about the score or the outcome, more importan, did S Moss score, Ctaylor Score, how many TD's did brad J toss etc..

Why else are we talking about it on a Fantasy Football site?

I want to hear someone talk about Fantasy football at times, because lets face it, thats why 1/3 of the audince is watching, and although I don't care about his team, i do care about someone talking about the issues that FFL'rs are interested in and how certain key players perform, as well as the obvious points about the game itself.

TK is the first guy to at least recognize that there is a game within a game going on where most folks are tuning in to watch certain players, and could care less about the score or the outcome, more importan, did S Moss score, Ctaylor Score, how many TD's did brad J toss etc..

Why else are we talking about it on a Fantasy Football site?

Again, I was drinking last night, but I don't seem to remember him blessing us with any FF insight. He said he had Moss on his team. Whoopdeef*ckingdo. Or did I miss something? :D

Kornheiser tries too hard to argue with Theisman and it makes him sound really stupid. I dont know if anyone caught it but Kornheiser talking about get 7 foot 6 lineman or getting a giraffe and putting him in a uniform to bat down balls was one of the stupidest things Ive heard. Kornheiser is by far my least favorite of any announcers. I think they should use the 2nd MNF crew with Vermeil, Jaws and whoever the other guy was.

Edited by Primetime9287

I think we waste way too much broadband on this sight talking about announcers. It's defenitly an issue of personal taste. Kornheiser is great. The second team was awesome. Vermiel's insights, one year removed from football were amazing. I've always been a Vermiel fan. And, yes, I like the Coors light commercials with the press confrences.

Kornhole is brutal - that whole announcing team is brutal.

How about CBS without JB now? Jeez, another yawn fest. :D

And lastly, am I the only one who has grown tired of Berman and his crap? And Irvin, please, what a WR homer...get his punk ass off that show. Does he have pictures on someone? Is that how he got the job? :D

Brad Nessler.... he's OK I guess . He works with Griese on college games alot & can be heard courtside for college hoops with dick Vitale. :D

they need Gary Thorne in the booth. He's the best play by play announcer out there IMO.... in any sport. :D

Thorne is really good, but I know he's the primo hockey guy still. Is ESPN doing any hockey at all anymore?

When I really think about it, Nessler, Tirico, and Thorne would be the best 3 play guys that ESPN has in the fold. I really don't see them pulling it from Tirico though.

Quite frankly, I think the best PBP and color guys are the ones who I couldn't even tell you their names... the b- and c-list guys that get assigned to do the regional games on FOX and CBS. They just call the game and add their insights, without trying to do lame schtick.

With the exception of Al Michaels, who IMO is still terrific, basically all of the big-name "personalities" are extremely tiresome: Madden, Theisman, Kornheiser, Maguire, Mike Patrick, etc. etc.

That second group they had last night was MUCH better! I would rather listen to Vermeil and Jaws, they had a lot of neat input. Theisman and Cornholer both blow chunks.

I totally agree with this. Vermeil has a recent history with many of the current players by either coaching them or coaching against them. He is not afriad to give his history with a given player. I see where ESPN is going with Joe T and Cornhole (capturing the casual fan) unfortunately, they know that the die hard FFers are going to watch anyways. ESPN is trying to bring in women and metrosexuals by putting fractured femur and Champaine Tony in the booth.

Kornheiser's obvious need to impress Theismann is only outshined by Theismann's need to impress Theismann. Someone please remind Joe that he wore a single bar facemask--the game has changed a little, and Joe hasn't picked it up. Kornheiser is a jocksniffer of the first order.

Kornhole is brutal - that whole announcing team is brutal.

How about CBS without JB now? Jeez, another yawn fest. :D

And lastly, am I the only one who has grown tired of Berman and his crap? And Irvin, please, what a WR homer...get his punk ass off that show. Does he have pictures on someone? Is that how he got the job? :D

I think Irvin is the guy in charge of getting everyone Pepsi.....

or Coke

Edited by Hardrocker

I think TK is great. He gives a very refreshing perspective to the broadcast. He also does a great job of keeping Theisman in check. The humor he adds only improves what can sometimes be a boring show. I got at least 3 good laughs last night. Thats more than I got in the last few years total from Mcguire, Patrick and Theisman.

I couldn't agree more!...TK is much more entertaining than Mcquire, Patrick and especially Theisman. He's also a big improvement over Dennis Miller!

Of course, I also enjoy PTI everyday, so I am kind of bias I suppose.

Edited by Redzone Rowdie