[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How God Awful is Kornheiser?

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I was drinking heavily, so forgive me if my facts are off a little, but I seem to recall them babbling incessantly about Sean Taylor's reputation being the reason that he was called for that OBVIOUS face mask penalty. Are these momos freaking kidding?

I think the whole setup was just annoying... I don't need you to bring in Jamie Fox and kiss his ass during the game, talking over the plays about crap that has nothing at all to do with the game.

The talentless MNF crew just makes a bad show even worse. Seriously... how hard can this be? Who are the people making these absolutely horrible personnel and show platform decisions?

Now, I was drinking heavily, so forgive me if my facts are off a little, but I seem to recall them babbling incessantly about Sean Taylor's reputation being the reason that he was called for that OBVIOUS face mask penalty. Are these momos freaking kidding?

no, that was in regards to the hit on Robinson on the sidelines that appeared to be helmet to helmet but really shouldn't have been a penalty...

no, that was in regards to the hit on Robinson on the sidelines that appeared to be helmet to helmet but really shouldn't have been a penalty...

But Kornheiser brought it up again on te face mask and seemed to imply the same thing happened. The other two quickly pointed out the extremely obvious facemask on the replay and Kornheiser swallowed his tongue for a few minutes.

I like Kornheiser much better than Theisman...Joe contradicts himself all of the time. In the third, Brad Johnson threw into triple coverage near the goal line. Theisman talked about it being a bad decision and a poor throw. Later, in the same drive, Johnson hits Marcus Robinson for a TD on a pretty throw. Theisman says that Johnson hasn't made a bad decisions or throw all game. "He's played a perfect game." :D

Kornheiser has his thing...be subversive, throw in his witticisms, ask some of the obvious questions. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But at least he doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth like that tool bag Theisman.

Edited by Fatman

I thought the second crew was quite good. Vermiel seemed like an old pro in the booth and had some nice insight. Jaws is always knowledgeable, though I think he's better in the studio.

As for the regular team, I thought they were satisfactory. I won't be turning down the volume just yet.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. I found myself very interested to hear what Vermeil had to say, especially since he coached against both of the teams playing last year.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. I found myself very interested to hear what Vermeil had to say, especially since he coached against both of the teams playing last year.

Dick said it was the first time he talked to LT and liked him. He doesn't have to play against him anymore.

How can you not like a guy who says he's got Santana Moss on his fantasy team? I mean I've been waiting for 10 years for an announcer to admit something like that.

you guys are too harsh, what are we expecting from these announcers exactly?

The guys is funny, a sharp with, knows sports unlike Dennis Miller and he actually is in fantast football leagues, whats not to like???

As for Theisman, he's a blowhard. but even he to me seems much better without Dan "all hyperbole all the time" Patrick and Paul "I hate the Jets" McGuire.

I've always liked Brad Nessler and think he's a bit underrated, and I thought Vermeil was great. Jaws was a bit loud and annoying, and I agree with the above that he's better suited for bit pieces in the studio.

I say plug in Nessler and Vermeil for the rest of the season and deep six the garbage they've got.

I think TK is great. He gives a very refreshing perspective to the broadcast. He also does a great job of keeping Theisman in check. The humor he adds only improves what can sometimes be a boring show. I got at least 3 good laughs last night. Thats more than I got in the last few years total from Mcguire, Patrick and Theisman.

How can you not like a guy who says he's got Santana Moss on his fantasy team? I mean I've been waiting for 10 years for an announcer to admit something like that.

I think there is a reason NO ONE else says they have this guy or that guy on a FF team. It's sick (IMO). I don't care about TKs FF team. You want to hear about this every week?

Teriko said "are we going to be hearing about this every week?" as if to tell TK we all could care less.

TK does have some moments as 'joe the fan' but I liked Dennis Miller a lot better (I'm the only one who liked him I think, can't hear enough Kirkagard references on MNF IMO).

:D

Seriously, Theiman is freaking awful. I'm not saying that Kornheiser is great or even good, but at least he's not a know-it-all with an obnoxious, whiny voice. And Tony's had this job for what... two months now? How long has Theisman been doing color commentary? Fouts was good on MNF (and he's not bad doing college play-by-play, either). He was the only one in the booth who made intelligent comments.

you guys are too harsh, what are we expecting from these announcers exactly?

The guys is funny, a sharp with, knows sports unlike Dennis Miller and he actually is in fantast football leagues, whats not to like???

As for Theisman, he's a blowhard. but even he to me seems much better without Dan "all hyperbole all the time" Patrick and Paul "I hate the Jets" McGuire.

I agree - I don't mind Korn at all. I am not sure what the 'perfect' announcer would be, but I think he's a solid character to have aboard.