[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commentary from the Edge

Bill Swerski

Thanks guys! I was particularly proud of this weeks edition. I definitely appreciate all the props. Now if we could just get those targeted in my tirade to get with the program........

And also right on target with the chick singing to start off the NBC games...I almost switched the channel before I realized it was a football game :D

Man, that was the WORST! And of all the tunes to change the lyrics to..."I Hate Myself for Lovin' You". That just seemed so random.

Would also like to add that "Commentary From the Edge" is always a pleasure to read and has been since it was born here on these boards. Thanks!! :D

Edited by Raging Wookiees

Props to Kevin Ratterree for calling out Bryant Gumble in this week's article. I'm still shocked that this race-baiting, egotistical jacka$$ kept his job after throwing Tagliabue under the bus and stopping just short of calling Gene Upshaw an Uncle Tom.

Gumbel=moran

If he ever needs to find a racist, he needs only to find a mirror.

My favorite part of this week's article was how my 49ers weren't mentioned in it... for a change.

All they had to do was show a pulse! Somehow I left the Raiders out (late game), but I will make up for it over the next 15 weeks I'm sure.

All they had to do was show a pulse! Somehow I left the Raiders out (late game), but I will make up for it over the next 15 weeks I'm sure.

I was going to mention that. Well, and the Burleson/Branch comment, but you are allowed to have nonsensical sentences once in awhile.

I was going to mention that. Well, and the Burleson/Branch comment, but you are allowed to have nonsensical sentences once in awhile.

I think you may have mistaken my Burleson /Branch comment for anything other than sarcasm.

why the hell weren't the Raiders on the misery index though? seriously...that was a given I thought. A sure fire hit. Till 07.

Did you read the whole thread? :D

Yeah it's a great 'first cup of coffee' read.

I am starting to wonder if there is a large interest/investment in attracting females to the 'male' sports. You know, like they paid some rediculous amount of money to understand the cost/reward of having girly intros and sappy stories - all in hopes of getting the females on board, full well knowing that the males will just suffer through it and still watch. :D

(sorry for the gender generalizations, but I had a point somewhere in there)

Edited by Roo

A few comments here: Dr Phil nearly made me think wantingly of Limbaugh and his football acumen. Is there such a thing as too many nipples? Chester was impressive - can he do it over a full season? Lastly, the 2 hours before football starts on Sunday morning may be the longest 2 hours of my life.

Yeah it's a great 'first cup of coffee' read.

I am starting to wonder if there is a large interest/investment in attracting females to the 'male' sports. You know, like they paid some rediculous amount of money to understand the cost/reward of having girly intros and sappy stories - all in hopes of getting the females on board, full well knowing that the males will just suffer through it and still watch. :D

(sorry for the gender generalizations, but I had a point somewhere in there)

I'm sure that is the driving force behind some of this crap. But the powers that be need to think more about at what point do you alienate your core audience in a feeble attempt to expand your market.