[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander out

Bonehand

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of league has open waivers DURING the nfl weekend play?

:D That's what I was thinking. We use the auction/ bidding system to pick up free agents, starting at the first kickoff, ending Wednesday night at 9pm. So from Thursday to the first kickoff we can pick up any player for free -- first come, first serve.

Yeah, I don't partake in those free yahoo leagues. :D

Both my original money locals do it. Neither want to bother with waiver periods, blind bids and all that, so we have chosen anarchy. I usually get there first, as I did today for Morris, so it works for me. :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

well it is a non-displaced fracture meaning the bones are fractured but still together...plus its a bone in the foot so it must be small...

Yeah, that's it. :D The injury really isn't that bad. I swear! He'll be back before we know it, right? Am I right Madden? Please Madden... let me be right.. :lol::brew::lol::D

well it is a non-displaced fracture meaning the bones are fractured but still together...plus its a bone in the foot so it must be small...

That was how a took it as well, more of a stress fracture type of thing...

Edited to add: I caught a piece with Holmgren last night on the news where he was a little more specific, saying it was a "small crack" in a "non weight-bearing bone".

Edited by Bonehand

well, as mortenson pointed out, the broken bone is in his foot, and he's a running back... so i don't know, it could a little longer then 'the couple weeks' that was first mentioned.

Yep, it's hard to say exactly how long he'll be out for without knowing the severity of the break. I don't own Alexander but do own Morris, so personally I hope he misses some time. One thing that may give you Alexander owners a little hope though is, I think Travis Henry had some kind of break or crack in his foot a few years ago and was able to tough it out and finish the season with it. So sometimes when you hear "break" or "crack," it isn't always as bad as it would initially seem to be. I figure we'll probably hear more about the extent of the damage within the next week or so...I hope so at least.

I think Travis Henry had some kind of break or crack in his foot a few years ago and was able to tough it out and finish the season with it.

I just looked it up, it was 2003 and Henry had a broken right fibula, not his foot. Still, if he can play with that, maybe Alexander won't be out much longer than the 2 weeks or so they are saying now.

feel much better about taking tomlinson over him in botnh. i contemplated long and hard over that decision. looks good now but you still never know. i think this might bump up hasselhag, jackson, burleson and branch some.

If I had the option, I would have taken Tomlinson over Alexander any day of the draft. Tomlinson is a year younger, with just as much "durability". :D Oh durability... got to love that word. :D

At any rate, I think you are right about Hasselbeck's value going up, as well as Jackson and Branch; although, in the long run I don't see Burleson's value changing much. Especially after Branch takes over the #2 spot.

Both my original money locals do it. Neither want to bother with waiver periods, blind bids and all that, so we have chosen anarchy. I usually get there first, as I did today for Morris, so it works for me. :D

+1. Its like EVERYONE in the Free Agency is on my bench :D