[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KGB

Swiss Cheezhead

I was just having a discussion with a buddy about Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, and I got to thinking...he has to have the 3rd- or 4th-most sacks in the last 5 years (2001-2005). I know Strahan and Jason Taylor are ahead of him, but that's about it.

I'm curious if I'm forgetting anybody, but either way, that's some impressive consistency coming off the edge. He gets a bit of a bad rap with Packers fans, but I'm thinking it's not very deserved. :D

I think Kerney might have more than KGB. If he doesn't he's gotta be nipping at his heels.

So here are the stats I found and manipulated.

2001-2005 Sacks

Rice: Total of 67.5 sacks averaging 13.5/year

Strahan: Total of 67.5 sacks averaging 13.5/year

Taylor: Total of 66 sacks averaging 13.2/year

Freeney(02-05): Total of 51 sacks averaging 12.75/year

KGB: Total of 57 sacks averaging 11.4/year

Peppers(02-05): Total of 40.5 sacks averaging 10.125/year

Abraham: Total of 49 sacks averaging 9.8/year

Kearney: Total of 48.5 sacks averaging 9.7/year

Kearse: Total of 36.5 sacks averaging 7.3/year

Why do people always forget about Simeon Rice?????

Problem is he consistently has gotten sacks against weaker competition. I'm basing this opinion entirely on memory, but it seems like he's had a bunch of multiple sack games against bad teams and bad left tackles. In games against good teams and good left tackles, he's been held in check. Getting a sack when you are up a bunch and you know the opposing team is going to pass isn't very impressive.

I kinda see your point, but couldn't you say that about all stats in general? :D

KGB is solid enough, but certainly not a Pro Bowl level guy; I'm not doubting redd's research, but he is usually pretty much a non-factor against top-notch LTs. He's got a great first step, but part of his problem is he has no counter once a tackle takes the edge away on him. He's also susceptible at the point of attack - by no means a complete liability, but he simply doesn't have the mass or strength to anchor when the run is coming right at him.

I'd put him in the top 10-15 REs, but not anywhere near top 5. But you could certainly do worse than KGB - not to mention that aside from being solid on the field he appears to be an All-Pro person. Really, I think Kampman is the better player.

Nah, the Todd One I know isn't from Neenah, he's from the southside of Appleton.

Neenah is the south side of Appleton....more or less.

Why don't you PM phone #s and set up a date?