[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No surprise, Surgery for Westbrook soon?

FishFreak

Per KFFL, Westy could be looking at knee surgery soon. How many red flags do we need? The guy is constantly missing practice, has swelling in his knee every day and looks to be questionable every week. The guy just has serious durability issues. The Eagles can't come back with the same RB's next year. Go get yourself an every down back and limit Westbrook to 10-15 touches. That way he can also return punts which he's very good at.

Per KFFL, Westy could be looking at knee surgery soon. How many red flags do we need? The guy is constantly missing practice, has swelling in his knee every day and looks to be questionable every week. The guy just has serious durability issues. The Eagles can't come back with the same RB's next year. Go get yourself an every down back and limit Westbrook to 10-15 touches. That way he can also return punts which he's very good at.

I just read it myself

Eagles | Westbrook might need arthroscopic surgery

Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:22:51 -0700

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (knee) might need arthroscopic surgery on his knee if rest does not resolve his recurring problems. Westbrook would miss two to six weeks if he had the surgery, but he would then be fine and not have to worry about how his knee is on a week-to-week basis. The team has recently acknowledged Westbrook has a bone bruise, which usually means there is damage to the articular cartilage. Westbrook's agent, Fletcher Smith, said he and the team have not yet discusses Westbrook's options.

:D

Edited by cubdaddy

KFFL retracts original report, no basis for it, was speculation obviously

Eagles | Team acknowledges Westbrook has a bone bruise

Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:12:28 -0700

Correcting a previous report, Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have acknowledged RB Brian Westbrook (knee) is dealing with a bone bruise. A bone bruise usually involves damage to the articular cartilage, which covers the end of the bone. Westbrook's agent, Fletcher Smith, said he and the team have not discussed Westbrook's options. Westbrook could choose to rest his knee, but he runs the risk of having to deal with his injury on a week-to-week basis. He is expected to play in the Week 5 game.

They shoot his knee up before every game, it's just a matter of how much longer he will last this year, Buckhalter will go down of course, can Moats carry the load.

On the other hand, I sense a lot of passing yards this season for the Eagles

Statements like this shouldn't be made without some info to back it up. Not saying you're wrong & I may have missed it posted somewhere, but teams don't normally make it common knowledge when their players are getting shots before games in order to play. Unless you can back that up it can be misleading to say that. If I'm wrong and it's common knowledge that has slipped my watchful eye, then I stand corrected.

Edited by rajncajn

Guest Cherni

Didn't they retract that he needed surgery. I have NO players playing at 4:00 and I can't afford to drop anyone from my bench. I can't decide whether to sit him or not.

Yeah I saw a retraction from KFFL.

Is it possible at all that they might be trying to throw the Cowboys for a loop? :D I'm just putting that out there... :D

I know Westbrook's knee is injured to some extent. But, mind you, the last game he actually played he looked great (vs. SF). He only had 12 carries for 161 all purpose yards! He and Reid said there were no problems with the knees after the game. Westbrook then doesn't practice the next week. Runs around on Saturday and says it starts swelling up on him. I didn't see the footage but it's been reported around here he didn't look good in warm ups on Monday. Leading me to think, yet again, there is a problem of some sort.

So why can the guy run for 161 all purpose yards in SF (stiff arming guys down the sideline) only to not be able to play the next week? I'm not a doctor. But I still don't get it. If there is some sort of problem why not just have him get the surgery today so he can be recovered after their bye week???!!! That, to me, is the real question.

The way I see it is they lost to their divisional-foes the Giants already. They are playing the Cowboys and need to win this game to stay afloat in their division. IMHO, Westbrook will play and, more than likely, will have surgery after this week. Which means he may, or may not, be back for WAS - which they could afford to drop if they beat the Boys - but most definitely for TEN. That's the way I see it shaking out.

Statements like this shouldn't be made without some info to back it up. Not saying you're wrong & I may have missed it posted somewhere, but teams don't normally make it common knowledge when their players are getting shots before games in order to play. Unless you can back that up it can be misleading to say that. If I'm wrong and it's common knowledge that has slipped my watchful eye, then I stand corrected.

Its not uncommen for high school players to get shots before games...

Players in College and the NFL get injected with medicine or painkillers before a game a lot more than you think.

Its not uncommen for high school players to get shots before games...

Players in College and the NFL get injected with medicine or painkillers before a game a lot more than you think.

we all may be aware that athletes at this level hurt for 365 days a year and many "treatments" are used to dull that pain.

but that wasn't his point, his point was that we all may speculate on who is getting shots or taking meds to handle pain, but to come out and say it without any real information to back it up is misleading.