[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams Hurt

Primetime9287

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually loved the guy until last week. Then he gets a stinger and misses a full game. I bet 90% of the NFL players would have come back in. Now all this talk about will he or won't he play Sunday. I just don't want to deal with it. Clearly the guy is soft IMO.

From what I hear it was a dirty helmet to the soft part of the back hit. Dangerous stuff. I have no problem with him not playing further and aggravating the injury further if it means he's going to suit up this week and catch some balls. If not, welcome to trade bait Mr. Williams. If he and Chad don't hit this year I am toast by week 9.

reports are more than conflicting...

first he'll probably be doubtful, now he's probable and now this bit...

KFFL

Oct 11 Steve Pate, of The Daily Oakland Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Roy Williams missed practice Wednesday, Oct. 11 for personal reasons. He is listed as probable for the Week 6 game.

:D

is Detroit's sports news media run by a magic 8-ball?

Edited by kingfish247

reports are more than conflicting...

first he'll probably be doubtful, now he's probable and now this bit...

:D

is Detroit's sports news media run by a magic 8-ball?

Hopefully not the same one they use to run the team.....

From what I hear it was a dirty helmet to the soft part of the back hit. Dangerous stuff. I have no problem with him not playing further and aggravating the injury further if it means he's going to suit up this week and catch some balls. If not, welcome to trade bait Mr. Williams. If he and Chad don't hit this year I am toast by week 9.

No way was that a dirty hit. Absolutely 100% false. :D

It was definitely borderline. Roy caught the ball on a slant, and was tackled. As he was about to hit the ground, the safety came in and lowered the boom on the back of his head, kind of scrunching his neck.

The kind of hit that Lions homers will say is dirty, but Viking homers would say is clean. Since there was no flag, nor any fine later (as far as I know), then you kind of have to measure it by that criteria. Also, Williams was laughing as he came off the field, for what that's worth.

Yes it was. It was late and it was unnecessary.

It was the kind of late hit where the guy was already coming at him and couldn't just pull up and stop on a dime. It wasn't flagrant or anything like that. As was pointed out, there was no flag on the play, and no post-game fine or anything like that. So, the league seems to agree with me on this with it's tacit approval of the play.

Was it unnecessary? Maybe. But there is not way that I would call that dirty. IMO, dirty is when you're purposely stepping on guys' fingers at the bottom of a pile trying to intentionally hurt them.

It was definitely borderline. Roy caught the ball on a slant, and was tackled. As he was about to hit the ground, the safety came in and lowered the boom on the back of his head, kind of scrunching his neck.

The kind of hit that Lions homers will say is dirty, but Viking homers would say is clean. Since there was no flag, nor any fine later (as far as I know), then you kind of have to measure it by that criteria. Also, Williams was laughing as he came off the field, for what that's worth.

That is the key line to me. So he didn't come back in and he may not play this week yet he was laughing when he came off the field. How does that all fit together. Last I checked if hurt badly you aren't laughing.

That is the key line to me. So he didn't come back in and he may not play this week yet he was laughing when he came off the field. How does that all fit together. Last I checked if hurt badly you aren't laughing.

They say people who laugh on the outside hurt on the inside. :D

They say people who laugh on the outside hurt on the inside. :D

Well they're some sad things known to man

But ain't too much sadder than

The tears of a clown when there's no one around

Oh yeah, baby baby, oh yeah baby baby

Now if I appear to be carefree

It's only to camouflage my sadness

And honey to shield my pride I try

To cover this hurt with a show of gladness

But don't let my show convince you

That I've been happy since you

'Cause I need to go, oh I need you so

Look I'm hurt and I want you to know

For others I put on a show ...

Just a Follow Up...

(Rotoworld) Roy Williams (probable, neck) missed practice again Thursday.

Impact: He's missed the past two workouts due to personal reasons. It is a good sign, however, that he wasn't downgraded, and Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz says he "should play" in Week 6. Williams will still probably have to put in a full day of work Friday to go Sunday.

My gut feeling is he will play.

I have a feeling he'll give it a try as well. But what's the deal with all this stuff. Probable, doubtful, will play, won't play, missing practice because of personal reasons. Weird to see this this back and forth and uncertainty for a regular season game. To me it's simple though. If he doesn't practice tomorrow he won't play IMO. I say that because I really wonder about these "personal reasons". But if he practices tomorrow he'll play.

Edited by giantsfan

I have a feeling he'll give it a try as well. But what's the deal with all this stuff. Probable, doubtful, will play, won't play, missing practice because of personal reasons. Weird to see this this back and forth and uncertainty for a regular season game. To me it's simple though. If he doesn't practice tomorrow he won't play IMO. I say that because I really wonder about these "personal reasons". But if he practices tomorrow he'll play.

I have to agree with you. I picked up Wes Welker just in case, but I'd still much rather play Williams, so I can only hope he practices tomorrow. :D