[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will the Bears go undefeated?

slickvick

I agree. Luckily there are real NFL teams outside that so-called division. :D

Blow me sparky. You have enough things to worry about within your own division, like why TO sucks, and why you just got spanked by the Beagles, and why the Vikes have a better record than you. :D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Goopster is slowing morphing to the ranks of the Menudo's and UT's of the world.

Maybe you can go get a tatoo of Rex Grossman's nutsack on your ass. :D

:D

Classic post.

UT, Menudo, Capt Hook, Seahawks 37, and Goopster. Did we miss anyone?

Blow me sparky. You have enough things to worry about within your own division, like why TO sucks, and why you just got spanked by the Beagles, and why the Vikes have a better record than you. :D

Watch it, spanky. Next thing you'll be saying is that Pearson pushed off and helping Goopster choreograph the '06 Super Bowl Shuffle by week 10. :D

Will the Bears go undefeated?

If, and this is a big 'if', they can consistently score more than their opponent. Now, consistency is the key. They cannot score more than their opponent one week and then the next week, score less than their opponent and expect to remain undefeated. It doesn't work like that in the NFL. Maybe it did 20 years ago, but not now. With all the rule changes favoring offensive players and instant replay officiating, the NFL is now a different animal.

I think NE will beat them but their schedule looks pretty good.

Oct 16 @Arizona

Week 7 BYE

Oct 29 San Francisco

Nov 5 Miami

Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants

Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets

Nov 26 @New England

Dec 3 Minnesota

Dec 11 @St. Louis

Dec 17 Tampa Bay

Dec 24 @Detroit

Dec 31 Green Bay

That's a relatively easy schedule. The only teams that could potentially give them trouble are the Giants, Pats, and Vikes. That said, I think they'll lose at least one of those games and probably one of the easy ones as well. I don't care how good your team is... it's VERY difficult to run the table in the NFL.

:D Ignorance is bliss. Are you blaming the Bears cause they have an easy schedule? Or that the rest of the NFL blows?

Are you kidding me? Look at their division. They have four "gimme" games against the Packers and Lions. The Vikings have a very solid defense, but their offense is wretched (much like Da '05 Bears). The "tough" NFC teams on their schedule are SEA, NYG, and MIN... and I'd only consider the former one of the "elite" teams in the conference. No games against the Eagles, Cowboys, or Redskins. And they get away with only playing one good AFC team. No Bengals, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Jaguars, etc.

Sorry, but the Bears have a VERY easy schedule this year.

As a Bears fan, I apologize for kicking everyone's ass.

YOU didn't kick anybody's ass. But I'm sure that you've spent plenty of time on your couch holding Grossman's nuts. :D

Bears look almost unbeatable but it is almost impossible to go undefeated. It's like bowling a 300 game. However 15-1 or 14-2 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Don't forget they play the Rams later in the year (MNF). Bears'll probably be driving for a tying or winning score in the waning seconds and Grossman fumbles the snap. Rams recover, take a knee, game over. :D

They need to score more touchdowns in the redzone, even though we have the best kicker in the league.

No doubt about that one. I mean, his 18 career NFL games clearly make him a legend. And his 3/8 in 40-49 yard field goals last season would put him head and shoulders above any kicker that has every kicked in the NFL. Put him in the HOF, no need for a ballot.

Goop, you're becoming laughable kid, take a step back and think before you post. The Bears are good, we know it. Leave it at that.

There are going to be a bunch of seriously depressed Bear fans if the wheels fall off (i.e..a Grossman injury could severly effect the team and up until it has been a yearly tradition). I don't blame y'all for thinking about a possible undefeated season, but it could become fairly humbling if something unfortunate happens and then the Bears are struggling to get a first week playoff bye and Bears fans grudginly harken back to the early point in the season where everyone was talking about 16-0. I don't think it will happen but it is still pretty early. I'd be looking at homefield advantage and not so much worrying about 16-0 at this point.

No doubt about that one. I mean, his 18 career NFL games clearly make him a legend. And his 3/8 in 40-49 yard field goals last season would put him head and shoulders above any kicker that has every kicked in the NFL. Put him in the HOF, no need for a ballot.

Goop, you're becoming laughable kid, take a step back and think before you post. The Bears are good, we know it. Leave it at that.

:D I'm a fan, sorry. I'm just happy my team is looking great, sorry. I'm confident, sorry. Anything else? I'M SORRY.

Seriously, give me a break and lighten up man.

There are going to be a bunch of seriously depressed Bear fans if the wheels fall off (i.e..a Grossman injury could severly effect the team and up until it has been a yearly tradition). I don't blame y'all for thinking about a possible undefeated season, but it could become fairly humbling if something unfortunate happens and then the Bears are struggling to get a first week playoff bye and Bears fans grudginly harken back to the early point in the season where everyone was talking about 16-0. I don't think it will happen but it is still pretty early. I'd be looking at homefield advantage and not so much worrying about 16-0 at this point.

I don't believe in jinxes or anything like that.

I'll be at that game. Hoping Bears come in undefeated so I can watch my pathetic Fins protect their record. :D

I was looking forward to coming home for this game but I think I'm just going to sell it and stay here at school. I'll watch the blowout on TV here and save the gas money for something else.

:D I'm a fan, sorry. I'm just happy my team is looking great, sorry. I'm confident, sorry. Anything else? I'M SORRY.

Seriously, give me a break and lighten up man.

What, getting proven wrong makes you mad? :D Good luck with that.

The Bears are good. Saying your kicker is the best in the NFL makes you lose any chance of making a coherent/believeable argument or point, and removes any credibility you have on the subject. Start talking about an undefeated season when they're 12-0. Enjoy the start, you have the right to that, but keep it in your panties at the same time. JMHO.

What, getting proven wrong makes you mad? :D Good luck with that.

The Bears are good. Saying your kicker is the best in the NFL makes you lose any chance of making a coherent/believeable argument or point, and removes any credibility you have on the subject. Start talking about an undefeated season when they're 12-0. Enjoy the start, you have the right to that, but keep it in your panties at the same time. JMHO.

Gould is off to the best start so :D. I'm not saying ANYTHING that is out of left field so please be quiet.