[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will the Bears go undefeated?

slickvick

threw 5 weeks so far the 2006 bears are more impressive than the 1985 team.

4 out of the Bears 5 victories were clearly dominating performances this year and they have looked very good. I think a lot young of Bear fans are getting hyperactive on overdoses of kool-aid. The 2006 Bears have a long way to go before you can draw comparions to the 85 Bears.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets will beat the Bears.

It could be done Pennington looks good this year, Maybe if Washington and Barlow can get the ball going on the ground. They have a chance.

4 out of the Bears 5 victories were clearly dominating performances this year and they have looked very good. I think a lot young of Bear fans are getting hyperactive on overdoses of kool-aid. The 2006 Bears have a long way to go before you can draw comparions to the 85 Bears.

+1

threw 5 games so far the 2006 bears are better.

I gave you some stats. give me some stats that prove me wrong.

they havent won the super bowl...yet

If they do and have an amazing season and win it all then you could.

Edited by Seahawk37

It could be done Pennington looks good this year, Maybe if Washington and Barlow can get the ball going on the ground. They have a chance.

I think the Jets started laying the groundwork for an upset of the Bears this week. They clearly threw the game against the Jaguars in order to lure the Bears into a false sense of security. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets purposely lose to the Dolphins, Lions, Browns and Patriots just to further lure the Bears into their web of deception.

Then, like a bear trap lying dormant in the forest, they'll wait for the Bear to wander into their jaws and they'll take down the great beast! Or, at least score. Maybe.

they havent won the super bowl...yet

If they do and have an amazing season and win it all then you could.

That would be tough since you can't win a Superbowl in the 1st 5 weeks.

Read my post again slowly and you will notice im comparing the first 5 weeks. Not the whole season. And in the first 5 weeks the 2006 bears are better that the 1985 in there first 5 weeks..

I think the Jets started laying the groundwork for an upset of the Bears this week. They clearly threw the game against the Jaguars in order to lure the Bears into a false sense of security. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets purposely lose to the Dolphins, Lions, Browns and Patriots just to further lure the Bears into their web of deception.

Then, like a bear trap lying dormant in the forest, they'll wait for the Bear to wander into their jaws and they'll take down the great beast! Or, at least score. Maybe.

dude, the bears are going to make snakes on a plane look like a brady bunch episode. the bears in a jet will be downright ridiculous.

Read my post again slowly and you will notice im comparing the first 5 weeks. Not the whole season. And in the first 5 weeks the 2006 bears are better that the 1985 in there first 5 weeks..

Of course, you're assuming that the level of talent that the '85 Bears played in Weeks 1-5 is similar to what the '06 Bears have played thus far this season. I'm not sure that's a valid comparison.

threw 5 games so far the 2006 bears are better.

I gave you some stats. give me some stats that prove me wrong.

You are right, your statistical method of comparing point differentials from 21 years ago is the lock solid indicator of how good a team is. I can't argure, threw 5 games it is obvious the 1985 Bears would be no match for the 2006 Bears.

yeah but if the bears dont win a super bowl this year you would look like a big dumbass for comparing them to the 85' bears in week 5 of the regular season. Just let the season playout guy. And cheer for your team and hope they can win each game one week at a time.

Of course, you're assuming that the level of talent that the '85 Bears played in Weeks 1-5 is similar to what the '06 Bears have played thus far this season. I'm not sure that's a valid comparison.

Swerski -

I've been waiting for the opportunity to compliment you on your new aviatar. But since the opportunity hasn't arisen, I guess now will have to do. David Brent - classic, you couldn't have chosen a better character. The original BBC version of "The Office" was an instant classic. The US version isn't bad, but I don't think anyone could play the obnoxious, self-asorbed, low-level office manager quite like Ricky Gervais did.

I think Gervais should play Menudo in "The Huddle-The Movie".

Swerski -

I've been waiting for the opportunity to compliment you on your new aviatar. But since the opportunity hasn't arisen, I guess now will have to do. David Brent - classic, you couldn't have chosen a better character. The original BBC version of "The Office" was an instant classic. The US version isn't bad, but I don't think anyone could play the obnoxious, self-asorbed, low-level office manager quite like Ricky Gervais did.

I think Gervais should play Menudo in "The Huddle-The Movie".

Actually, I stole the David Brent avatar idea from somebody else (can't remember who). But thanks anyway. :D

And I totally agree about Gervais. While I like the "Americanized" Office a little better overall, Gervais blows Steve Carell out of the water (which is saying a lot, because Carell is pretty funny). Have you seen the leaked Microsoft training video spoofs with Gervais? Freaking hilarious.

Edited by Bill Swerski

threw 5 weeks so far the 2006 bears are more impressive than the 1985 team.

TB 28 Chi 38

NE 7 Chi 20

Chi 33 Min 24

Was 10 Chi 45

Chi 27 TB 19

total Chi 163 Opp 88 - 75 point diff

Chi 26 GB 0

Chi 34 Det 7

Chi 19 Min 16

Chi 37 Sea 6

Chi 40 Buf 7

Total Chi 156 opp 36 - 120 point diff

Well TB back then was pretty, um ok, how did they score 47 against the '46' that year?

And I'll take that 33-24 vic over Minnesota as the greatest game I saw them play in the Regular season that year on TV.

I was at the 44-0 Dallas blowout.... :D That was the 2nd best game I ever saw them play.

I was at a bar yesterday, enjoying the game and when Buf scored that bs TD at the end, a drunk Bears fan hit his head on the bar and screamed "THAT'S AS BAD AS A LOSS!" :D:bash:

Actually on KFAN in Minneapolis they had a conversation on what the schedule is shaping up for the Bears and it was hard to find more than 2 losses on it (on paper)

NY Giants and NE Patriots, stat wise the rest should be walk overs... but that is why we play the games and there is always the "Injury" that will happen to someone.

I am a die hard Vikes fan but so far IMO Chicago has been the best team in the NFL. For me is when they play somebody at home they BLOW THEM OUT! On the road they get it done (ie. MN) Best of Luck to Chi Town as somebody in the North should play decent! :D

Actually on KFAN in Minneapolis they had a conversation on what the schedule is shaping up for the Bears and it was hard to find more than 2 losses on it (on paper)

NY Giants and NE Patriots, stat wise the rest should be walk overs... but that is why we play the games and there is always the "Injury" that will happen to someone.

I am a die hard Vikes fan but so far IMO Chicago has been the best team in the NFL. For me is when they play somebody at home they BLOW THEM OUT! On the road they get it done (ie. MN) Best of Luck to Chi Town as somebody in the North should play decent! :D

I don't foresee the Bears doing any better than 14-2. They have a good shot of getting knocked off by the Pats or Giants and I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the rematch with MIN. And they'll probably lose at least one game against a mediocre team.

i would be interested in hearing the reasoning of those of you who think the Phins can beat Da Bears on Nov 5th

where exactly is Miami going to find an offense between now and then?

IMO Miami would have a hard time winning 50% of the BCS Bowl games this year ... although their D did seem to play a tad better on sunday

:D

i would be interested in hearing the reasoning of those of you who think the Phins can beat Da Bears on Nov 5th

where exactly is Miami going to find an offense between now and then?

IMO Miami would have a hard time winning 50% of the BCS Bowl games this year ... although their D did seem to play a tad better on sunday

:D

:D Well said, I was looking forward to coming home for this game. I will probably sell the game to one of my friends now.

Why do people feel the need to make patently absurd statements like this? A point can be made without delving into the ridiculous-beyond-imagination type pronouncements.

And the Jets' fans who think their guys can upset CHI when they play - how much are you'all dropping on the moneyline in that game? I'll give you 5-1 odds, $100 minimum bet, barring significant injuries up to the game from right now.

Edited by Bronco Billy