[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells...

CowboysDiehard

I must have missed it, is it true that the Tuna guaranteed a W over the Giants this week? Saw it written in the Misery Index this week (right after the priceless 'pacifier' comment). Didn't know if this was true or if Ratterree is pulling our chains? If it's true, what a circus!!!

Soon as I get into the office, going to have to check out the press confs at the Cowboys' site...

I will be at the game on Monday. You can bet I will be anticipating seeing Eli gettting slammed. I hope to harrass Plaxico, as well. Burress, keep your helmet on while on the sidelines, and if you get hit by a peice of hotdog, it was me.

I will be at the game on Monday. You can bet I will be anticipating seeing Eli gettting slammed. I hope to harrass Plaxico, as well. Burress, keep your helmet on while on the sidelines, and if you get hit by a peice of hotdog, it was me.

You either have great seats or one hell of an arm.

Parcells did not use those words, but said as much. His quote was something like, "after Monday night they (the Giants) will have 3 losses. Sounded like a guarantee to me.

Pressure is on the boys in this game, its a Monday night home game. Giants are playing with house money.

They're used to that, unfortunately. Heard someone on ESPN start calling da Bears "Americas Team" the other day, hopefully we can make that moniker stick to them for a while. :D

Doesn't matter, the Cowboys aren't playing really good football right now. The Giants are being forged in the crucible that is the toughest opening schedule in the NFL and they are coming out of it in pretty good shape. I would be very worried if I was a Cowboys fan.

Parcells did not use those words, but said as much. His quote was something like, "after Monday night they (the Giants) will have 3 losses. Sounded like a guarantee to me.

he was talking about how that halfway through the season he thinks that everyone in the NFC east will still be alive for the division title. He then said that after this week NYG will have 3 losses and Philly has'nt played Wash. yet....hardly a guarentee

Doesn't matter, the Cowboys aren't playing really good football right now. The Giants are being forged in the crucible that is the toughest opening schedule in the NFL and they are coming out of it in pretty good shape. I would be very worried if I was a Cowboys fan.

I'd be worried as a NYG fan.That schedule does'nt get better.

Starting in week 10--

CHI

JAX

TEN

DAL

CAR

PHI

NO

WASH

they'll be fortunate to win half of those.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

" I would be very worried if I was a Cowboys fan. "

The Cowboys are the only team I root for in the NFL, but I'm the last guy who's going to get into a pissing match over Dallas so long as Bledsoe is on their roster. They are no lock to win or lose any game they play with him there.

We are all well aware of the fact that Dallas' D has trouble closing out opponents, and the G-men have put together a couple of great second halves on the road against solid teams already this year.

Well aware of the fact that the 3 teams Dallas has beaten have themselves won a total of 4 games this year.

So, yes, regardless of the opponent I'm "worried" for a lot of reasons.

Am I not a true fan if I choose not to take the bait? :D

I'd be worried as a NYG fan.That schedule does'nt get better.

Starting in week 10--

CHI

JAX

TEN

DAL

CAR

PHI

NO

WASH

they'll be fortunate to win half of those.

You're right that they have a tough schedule down the stretch. But if you look at the Division they're in a favorable position to take it. They already have wins against Phily and Was. Washington is horrible. At 4-2 Phily feels like a fraud, the only team of any consequence they've beaten is Dallas and that was at home. Their schedule gets significantly tougher as the season progresses. Dallas doesn't have any quality wins either and they have a not so easy slate of games as well. Plus they have the TO circus to deal with. If the Giants win half of those games they'll be right at the top of the NFC East at the end of the season.

I've reviewed yestdays press conference at www.dallascowboys.com, and I didn't see anything predicting a win. I think this statement might have been misrepresented:

"What it looks like to me is this division here, certainly at the 1/2 way mark, I think everyone is still going to be in contention. You know, that's what it looks like me right now. I mean us or the giants are going to lose here monday, so one team is going to have three losses."

I wish that every Coach in the league would come out and guarantee a victory every week. That way we could all just ignore how meaningless they always are.

No doubt. What are they supposed to say? "I think we are going to get killed this week."? I'd rather be on the team where the coaches and players thought they would win every week.

"What it looks like to me is this division here, certainly at the 1/2 way mark, I think everyone is still going to be in contention. You know, that's what it looks like me right now. I mean us or the giants are going to lose here monday, so one team is going to have three losses."

:D at this getting turned into a guarantee

Edited by alexgaddis

NO he did not guarantee a win. He said "After Monday night either they OR us will have three losses". He was talking about how tight the division was, and then going on to say Philly and Washington have to play soon they haven't played yet and someone's gonna lose that game.

That said, I will be taking sig bets all week. Giant's fans lets dance.