[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Tigers - cheaters. True or False?

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil's advocate:

Aren't the balls mudded up before the game? Wasn't it wet and rainy in Detroit last night? Pitchers rub the ball into their hands. Couldn't the dirt have gotten onto his hand that way?

:D Sure...that's what happened. :D

Devil's advocate:

Aren't the balls mudded up before the game? Wasn't it wet and rainy in Detroit last night? Pitchers rub the ball into their hands. Couldn't the dirt have gotten onto his hand that way?

Uhh, it wasn't raining in NY when the same thing happened.

:D

Why do you think I'm fishing? You can clearly see the same thing here: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2006...tory?id=2635538

The one picture is from the ALCS, game 3. As I recall it wasn't raining. And even if it was, it would be a mighty large coincidence that he happened to have dirt in the same place, wouldn't you say?

The substance he was using is not pine tar, but some other type of chemical. I forget the name of it.

And the reason not a big deal was made of it from the Cards is that they are probably using it as well on cold nights.

He was told to wash it off and now the media is going to make a big stink about it, although it is what it is.

Kenny Rogers is a cheater. So what. What about the fact that the Cardinals could only muster one hit after the pine tar was gone, off a 42-year old man who throws about as hard as Blitz' kid? There's the real story :D

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Pujos is juiced :D

I don't get it. They have pictures of the same marks on his hand from the start against the Yanks. How exactly am I fishing? I'd prefer and explanation as opposed to a graemlin. TIA.

Actually I'm just trying to be funny. I guess it didn't work. :D

Kenny Rogers is a cheater. So what. What about the fact that the Cardinals could only muster one hit after the pine tar was gone, off a 42-year old man who throws about as hard as Blitz' kid? There's the real story :D

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Pujos is juiced :D

Plus the Cardinals are pushing our guys any chance they can get. Pujols and Rolen on Saturday Night come to mind. Thugs.

The substance he was using is not pine tar, but some other type of chemical. I forget the name of it.

And the reason not a big deal was made of it from the Cards is that they are probably using it as well on cold nights.

He was told to wash it off and now the media is going to make a big stink about it, although it is what it is.

I don't really follow baseball, because, essentially, the sport is gay, NTTAWWT. But according to you, the stuff he had on his hand was not being used to cheat? Then why did he babble through the press conference?

I don't really follow baseball, because, essentially, the sport is gay, NTTAWWT. But according to you, the stuff he had on his hand was not being used to cheat? Then why did he babble through the press conference?

In essence, it is cheating, but there isn't a rule against using this particular substance.....like there is a written rule that pitcher's can't use pine tar or sandpaper, or files, or etc....

IMO, yes--cheater.

IMO, LaRussa doesn't make a stink because his guys are using it too.

I would have to believe if the Cards pitchers were planning to use the same thing, LaRussa would have told them to go wash thier sh!t off and make a stink to get Rogers out of the game. It was the TOP OF THE FIRST, no Cards pitcher had yet set cleat on the field...

I think a far more damning quesiton is why LaRusaa DIDN'T make a stink about it. It seems his feelings about his buddy overshadow his will to win a critical World Series game. That is unacceptable, and I wish people would start asking questions about THAT, instead of the whole did he or didn't he question.