[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings vs. Patriots

alexgaddis

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that was humbling to say the least...

Tom Brady is amazing...

Brad Johnson is not...

Although it didn't matter to the game, the Wiggins call is the worst call I have seen in all my years of watching football...can someone please explain how three feet and a "football move" do not constitute a catch?

Bill Belichick is a yumping genious...can't run on the Vikes? Ok, I'll just have one of the best QB's throw it all night long...

i'm hearing that the pats running up the score at the end/having brady continue to throw was BB's not-so-subtle retaliation for childress mocking the pats' weekly (and some say controversial) use of the injury report by listing countless vikes players on the minn injury report. seems that childress was too caught up in wily gamesmanship shenanigans and failed to concentrate on what mattered: an actual gameplan, especially on the off chance that -- gasp -- the pats don't try to run too much against the #1 rush D in the league and, instead, pass it down their throats with spread formations. i was shocked the vikes didn't adjust.

i'm hearing that the pats running up the score at the end/having brady continue to throw was BB's not-so-subtle retaliation for childress mocking the pats' weekly (and some say controversial) use of the injury report by listing countless vikes players on the minn injury report. seems that childress was too caught up in wily gamesmanship shenanigans and failed to concentrate on what mattered: an actual gameplan, especially on the off chance that -- gasp -- the pats don't try to run too much against the #1 rush D in the league and, instead, pass it down their throats with spread formations. i was shocked the vikes didn't adjust.

Childress will learn. I don't think the injury report thing tied him up all week. :D And if Belichick felt the need to retaliate for it, he's a Rosie O'Donnell. Bottom line is this: it's football played by grown men. When you have someone down, don't let up. I have absolutely no problem with what the Pats did at the end of the game. They out-coached and out-played the Vikes, plain and simple, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Childress not game-planning because he was playing games. He game-planned, he just didn't do it very well, and more importantly, didn't adjust.

Childress will learn. I don't think the injury report thing tied him up all week. :D And if Belichick felt the need to retaliate for it, he's a Rosie O'Donnell. Bottom line is this: it's football played by grown men. When you have someone down, don't let up. I have absolutely no problem with what the Pats did at the end of the game. They out-coached and out-played the Vikes, plain and simple, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Childress not game-planning because he was playing games. He game-planned, he just didn't do it very well, and more importantly, didn't adjust.

just reporting what weei is saying. whether it's true or not who knows, but there were rumblings that BB was essentially saying, "you worry abiout your own team, i'll worry about mine." agree, though -- bottom line it's just smart football: why start running against a d@mnn good rush defense when passing has worked all night?

just reporting what weei is saying. whether it's true or not who knows, but there were rumblings that BB was essentially saying, "you worry abiout your own team, i'll worry about mine." agree, though -- bottom line it's just smart football: why start running against a d@mnn good rush defense when passing has worked all night?

and you have Tom Brady at QB...

It will be funny to see the Niners with Alex Smith try to exploit the Vikes D in the same manner...Smith will throw 3 picks next week, mark it down...

The five wides with no backs that New England uses is a real pain in the neck formation. They almost always use it against the Colts, especially to open the game. Brady makes his reads so fast, you can't get pressure with four. If you blitz, you risk a big play. It's a great strategy that works well with a great quarterback. Your wide receivers don't have to be that great. It will be interesting to see if New England uses it against the Colts or if they just run right over around and through the soft Colt run defense.

Edited by CaptainHook

The five wides with no backs that New England uses is a real pain in the neck formation. They almost always use it against the Colts, especially to open the game. Brady makes his reads so fast, you can't get pressure with four. If you blitz, you risk a big play. It's a great strategy that works well with a great quarterback. Your wide receivers don't have to be that great. It will be interesting to see if New England uses it against the Colts or if they just run right over around and through the soft Colt run defense.

I'm guessing the Indy LBs will be very well acquiainted with Mr Dillon by the end of the game...

I'm guessing the Indy LBs will be very well acquiainted with Mr Dillon by the end of the game...

HAH! I doubt it. Our linebackers don't make many plays against the run. The Incredible Shrinking Defense now also has 3 very undersized linebackers to go with their undersized defensive line. They are easily blocked. Our safeties are our run-stoppers. :D

HAH! I doubt it. Our linebackers don't make many plays against the run. The Incredible Shrinking Defense now also has 3 very undersized linebackers to go with their undersized defensive line. They are easily blocked. Our safeties are our run-stoppers. :D

:D I was really referring to the LB's getting the Corey Label as he runs them over...

:D I was really referring to the LB's getting the Corey Label as he runs them over...

Like I was saying, that would involve them actually making contact with Dillon. They are so easily blocked, they don't make contact with runningbacks very often.