[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Rules....

gd74

Im just curious what others leagues have as a rule for fielding a full squad each week... for example one owner this week has two WRs on a bye and another WR who is listed as doubtful for the game...

There is a roster limit of only carrying 5 WRs and we start three each week.

If come friday the player is listed as doubtful should the owner have to drop a player who is on bye or injured or on bye to field all three WR slots come sunday ???

Is it spelled out in the rules that you HAVE to start a valid starting roster? And how do you define a valid roster? If a player is doubtful, there is still a 25% chance that they can play.

The only time I think you could possibly make an argument is if the player had 0 chance of playing, because they were on bye or were out/inactive because of injury/suspension. And that is only if your rules stated that from the begining that you must start active players. If your rules don't state that, then a zero for that player is penalty enough for the owner that started a inactive player that week.

Zero, zippo, nada ... no rules against starting an incomplete lineup

With roster limits as strict as the one you describe (i'm in one league like that), I don't see how you can enforce a penalty for an incomplete lineup.

If your rules don't state that, then a zero for that player is penalty enough for the owner that started a inactive player that week.

Sometimes doubtful guys score a lot of points. Those injury reports are pretty worthless unless they are listed as out.

+1 to all of the above

I think forcing someone to do anything is almost illegal!

That aside, what if there just simply isn't room to pick someone up? A few weeks ago, I didn't start a TE on purpose, because I just didn't think I wanted to drop Greg Jennings for Bo Scaife and lose him. Scaife would have gotten me 1 point...which was below his average at the time of 4! I lost by 28!!

No, this would be a dumb rule and would bring about more issues than it would solve.

Im just curious what others leagues have as a rule for fielding a full squad each week... for example one owner this week has two WRs on a bye and another WR who is listed as doubtful for the game...

There is a roster limit of only carrying 5 WRs and we start three each week.

If come friday the player is listed as doubtful should the owner have to drop a player who is on bye or injured or on bye to field all three WR slots come sunday ???

NO, if it is a redraft this is only ONE week of the season

If it is a dynasty league its only ONE week in a much different arena