[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ocho Cinco Fined $5,000

DFox

So you again decide to conveniently ignore facts as they suit you and completely ignore the definition of work that I gave you.

How enlightened.

Look, you see it as a job; I see it as a game. So what’s big deal? Why do feel this need to get me to buy into your way of looking at it.

I think you can make a good case for either side. But I believe its still just a game.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:bash: yeah, i'm sure he's surrendering, since he was trying to argue that NFL players don't get paid.

oh wait...you mean, that's NOT what he was saying at all? :D you mean that yet again BB is arguing against an idiotic strawman of his own creation? gee, i'm totally surprised. :D

:clap:

Funny that you would just ignore fundamental dictionary definition of words, justify your ignorance by simply throwing out the word "strawman", and then think it absolves you of your ignorance with your thinking you have scored some kind of brilliant point.

Typical for you, but it's still funny every time you do it.

Look, you see it as a job; I see it as a game. So what’s big deal? Why do feel this need to get me to buy into your way of looking at it.

I think you can make a good case for either side. But I believe its still just a game.

Football is a game. As soon as the game of football becomes professional football, it stops being a game and starts being a business. We may use the term play for what the players do, but by simple definition (and common sense) what they do is work - they perform a service and receive monetary compensation for it. That's work, plain & simple.

I'm not sure why that is such a difficult concept to grasp.

If you are paid in exchange for labor, you have a job.

Is Johnson paid for his services? Yes. Therefore, he has a job.

If Football is just a game, why do they need a Labor Union? :D

Hopscotch is a game. The NFL is a business.

I went to a play recently, a professional production where the actors and actresses were paid for their work. When the play was over, the audience applauded, and the actors and actresses had the audacity to come to center stage, hold hands, and bow to the audience!

Needless to say, I was horrified. I too have a job, and when I complete a task at my job, you won't see me bowing to anyone, or holding hands with my co-workers, or any of that nonsense.

Because you see, once you've established that what they were doing is a job, than of course it immediately becomes analogous to all other jobs.

I went to a play recently, a professional production where the actors and actresses were paid for their work. When the play was over, the audience applauded, and the actors and actresses had the audacity to come to center stage, hold hands, and bow to the audience!

Needless to say, I was horrified. I too have a job, and when I complete a task at my job, you won't see me bowing to anyone, or holding hands with my co-workers, or any of that nonsense.

Because you see, once you've established that what they were doing is a job, than of course it immediately becomes analogous to all other jobs.

Acting is a profession and as such is a job :D

Did any of the actors or actresses go into wild gyrations in the middle of the play when they nailed a line?

Did any of the actors or actresses go into wild gyrations in the middle of the play when they nailed a line?

They did not!!!

Nor did they e-mail their finished product to their boss, nor punch out at a timeclock when the show was over, nor get the customers to sign a work order when they were done.

Football is a game. As soon as the game of football becomes professional football, it stops being a game and starts being a business. We may use the term play for what the players do, but by simple definition (and common sense) what they do is work - they perform a service and receive monetary compensation for it. That's work, plain & simple.

I'm not sure why that is such a difficult concept to grasp.

It's a job for the players, but it's entertainment for us. Sometimes that entertainment extends beyond the plays made in the game. Sometimes players just act plain stupid. But sometimes their antics are humorous and original and that's entertaining. However, entertainment like all art is in the eye of the beholder. I think guys like Ocho and Portis are entertaining in a non-football way because of their originality. I laughed my rearend off when TO pulled out the Sharpie and also when he did the pom-pon dance. The Joe Horn cell phone incident was hilarious because of it was original and unexpected. It was harmless fun and I got a kick out of it. That doesn't mean I expect anyone else to like it, but I did.