[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ocho Cinco Fined $5,000

DFox

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Football, by defininition, is a "job"...the players are paid in exchange for labor.

Every employee must abide by the rules of his or her workplace or face consequences.

Johnson violated those rules and has been reprimanded for his conduct. I don't think he should be given a pass because he's "just having fun". Would any of us receive the same treatment?

I don’t know why some are talking politics in this thread, but any way.

What’s the big deal Chad did this before the game. It’s not like he had this on during the game.

I also did not like how that one Arizona player was getting fined for having something about Pat Tillman on his uniform.

I enjoy a nice TD celebration. What bugs me is when a player get tackle for a 2 yard loss and he starts dancing like he just had a safety.

Football, by defininition, is a "job"...the players are paid in exchange for labor.

really? i looked it up at dictionary.com and they say its a game???

foot‧ball - Pronunciation [foot-bawl]

a game in which two opposing teams of 11 players each defend goals at opposite ends of a field having goal posts at each end, with points being scored chiefly by carrying the ball across the opponent's goal line and by place-kicking or drop-kicking the ball over the crossbar between the opponent's goal posts.

please link me to your dictionary.

Edited by whitem0nkey

Not going to comment much about this thread, although I enjoy Johnson for the most part. His stuff is fairly intelligent and done for entertainment purposes (which is what the NFL is, let's face it) as opposed to some of the freaks on the field. This whole idea about showing up the opponent is way overdone...I think the opponent or future opponents can figure out a way to strike back for trying to show them up. It's called a hard tackle, or an interception, or hell, a cheap shot if you want to pay your own fine bad enough. Not saying I endorse it, but let the players take care of it.

I do now know what my team name will be next season, thanks to this thread.

"The Kansas City my sweetgots"

Beautiful.

really? i looked it up at dictionary.com and they say its a game???

foot‧ball - Pronunciation [foot-bawl]

a game in which two opposing teams of 11 players each defend goals at opposite ends of a field having goal posts at each end, with points being scored chiefly by carrying the ball across the opponent's goal line and by place-kicking or drop-kicking the ball over the crossbar between the opponent's goal posts.

please link me to your dictionary.

Can you provide a definition for the word "professional"?

I don’t know why some are talking politics in this thread, but any way.

What’s the big deal Chad did this before the game. It’s not like he had this on during the game.

I also did not like how that one Arizona player was getting fined for having something about Pat Tillman on his uniform.

I enjoy a nice TD celebration. What bugs me is when a player get tackle for a 2 yard loss and he starts dancing like he just had a safety.

+1

:D

I guess I should take that as a "no"?

Here, I'll help you out, Mr. Dictionary:

LINK

Noun: professional pru'feshunul

1. A person engaged in one of the learned professions

- professional person

2. An athlete who plays for pay

- pro

3. An authority qualified to teach apprentices

- master

LINK

Noun: work wurk

1. Activity directed toward making or doing something

"she checked several points needing further work"

2. A product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing

"it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"; "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"; "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"; "the work of an active imagination"; "erosion is the work of wind or water over time"

- piece of work

3. The occupation for which you are paid

"a lot of people are out of work"

- employment

Ipso facto: Playing pro football is a player’s work

Edited by Bronco Billy

I disagree..He is a loudmouth but not as vendictive as TO..

I just deleted a post that I realized made no sense in response to your remark. Anyways, I was fishing a bit but I don't think my statement is that much of a stretch. May not be exactly like TO but could be just as high maintenace as TO is now.

Imagine a bunch of guys sitting at the bar 30 years ago talking excitedly about the cute little TD dance that TO, or CJ, or some other psuedo-masturbater was doing in the endzone after scoring.

billy "white shoes" johnson was 30 years ago, dumbass. the only difference between now and then is now the NFL has decided to crack down and fine people for it. which, if you're going to whine about the PC sissification of our culture, point the assfinger there, at a sports league who levies fines for people wearing their socks too high. :D

I guess I should take that as a "no"?

Look it still just a game, just cause supply and demand throw a bunch of money at it does not change the fact/definition that its a game.

Mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, driving a cab, those are jobs. Football is a game.

i don’t feel debating you on things that are facts. if you cant accept this as a fact there is nothing I can do for you. Now go back to fox news and your spin zones.

Look it still just a game, just cause supply and demand throw a bunch of money at it does not change the fact/definition that its a game.

Mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, driving a cab, those are jobs. Football is a game.

i don’t feel debating you on things that are facts. if you cant accept this as a fact there is nothing I can do for you. Now go back to fox news and your spin zones.

So the definitions I gave you above are not facts? Or are you just surrendering because now you know that you are wrong?

He's two years from being TO.

Actually he was more like TO earlier in his career. A lot of people don't remember the game when they were up by 20+ pts and he hadn't had his 100 yards receiving or his td and either Kitna or Palmer threw him an out pattern and underthrew it and he laid on the field and smacked the ground. Then had the pissed off look on his face coming onto the sidelines and ripped his helmet off. That was when I started to think CJ was about individual accomplishments and not the team. 20+ pt lead and you get mad that you went 3 and out with 2 min to go in the 4th qtr.

Thanks for proving my point.

Play is the key word in that definition.

job is to work as game is to play.

im done going back on forth with you.

So you again decide to conveniently ignore facts as they suit you and completely ignore the definition of work that I gave you.

How enlightened.

Actually he was more like TO earlier in his career. A lot of people don't remember the game when they were up by 20+ pts and he hadn't had his 100 yards receiving or his td and either Kitna or Palmer threw him an out pattern and underthrew it and he laid on the field and smacked the ground. Then had the pissed off look on his face coming onto the sidelines and ripped his helmet off. That was when I started to think CJ was about individual accomplishments and not the team. 20+ pt lead and you get mad that you went 3 and out with 2 min to go in the 4th qtr.

I think that is still there and could only get worse in the next couple of years. I watched a segment on Inside the NFL last week that featured Chad and I was not impressed by his demeanor at all. He was pissed he didn't score his TD against Hall and said that it barely counted because it wasn't against Hall.

I think he was mostly serious with all of this. Very eye opening in my opinion.

So the definitions I gave you above are not facts? Or are you just surrendering because now you know that you are wrong?

:bash: yeah, i'm sure he's surrendering, since he was trying to argue that NFL players don't get paid.

oh wait...you mean, that's NOT what he was saying at all? :D you mean that yet again BB is arguing against an idiotic strawman of his own creation? gee, i'm totally surprised. :D

I think the focus word should be entertainment and not professional. The players are there to entertain. They get payed to play a game and entertain people. That makes them a professional player sure, but doesn't mean that they act in a professional manner. Nor does it mean that they should have to, because that is not always entertaining.