[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Line up deadlines?

weebo

In my league we have to have our starting line ups in by Midnight the day before the first game of the week. With the Thursday games in effect, having the lineups in by Wednesday is tough. I have never been a fan of this policy.

I'm just wondering what the rest of you have to do.. Maybe i can make some suggestions to my league for a change next year..

thanks for any input.

That is too early of a deadline.

Two alternatives are (usually 5-10 minutes prior to)

1. Before that player's team plays

2. Before the first game of the day, for those players game only (with MNF before the Sunday deadline). Thursday players for Thursday and Sunday/Monday players on Sunday.

With the rules you have, #2 may be easier to pass.

2. Before the first game of the day, for those players game only (with MNF before the Sunday deadline). Thursday players for Thursday and Sunday/Monday players on Sunday.

We do #1

midnight the night before the first game. so 11:59 wednesday night basically this week.

Yeah thats right... it sucks, especilly if you are waiting to hear how a player does on the thursday practices, or a gametime decision..

it makes for some serious advanced planning on the week...

Yeah thats right... it sucks, especilly if you are waiting to hear how a player does on the thursday practices, or a gametime decision..

yep. thats why i never have had denver running backs in all the years ive been in the league, because shanny doesnt give you enough advance warning on what RB is playing to be able to make the decision early enough. :P

What it makes for is guesswork and hope. Looking at this week's injury report and the number of GTDs on the Home Page, there's no way anyone could submit a decent lineup with any confidence on Wednesday.

There is no way a home league that is not based on the net can have a line up called in 5 mnutes prior.

In my league its 11am prior to kick off. Or on Thursday or Saturday you have to call in only the players starting that day at 11am

But even your scenario is better than what weebo's league is.

In one of the leagues I'm in, it's a combination of both of these. Thursday (or Saturday) games have a deadline about 1/2 hour prior to kickoff for all games/players involved that day. The remaining Sunday/MNF games lock 10 minutes before kickoff on Sunday.

In my other leagues (all Yahoo), it's 5 minutes before kickoff for each game.

There is no way a home league that is not based on the net can have a line up called in 5 mnutes prior.

In my league its 11am prior to kick off. Or on Thursday or Saturday you have to call in only the players starting that day at 11am

Good God! There are people who don't run their leagues on the web? Do you make transactions by telegraph? Do add/drops by Pony Express? How can you find that many Amish owners?

Deadlines should be the start (or 5 min before, if you must) of a player's game, period. Anything else is just nuts. :D

currently, our rules state 12 noon saturday for sunday/ monday starters. that works till thanksgiving week.

then, thanksgiving week, it's wed 8 pm for thurs starters, with the remainder of the lineup due sat at 12 noon.

this year with multiple games remaining on thurs (and no holiday involved), thurs players are due at 8 pm thurs. (our waiver deadline is thurs 7:30 pm any week except thanksgiving week, when it's wed 7:30 pm). the remainder of lineup is due sat at 12 noon.

the sat noon deadline is in effect because one member is a no-nothing about computers (doesn't have one, and doesn't want to know anything about them.) thus he transcribes by hand any information regarding league activities, i.e., lineups, waiver moves, standings, etc. currently he does from my laptap at the local bar. recently, he learned how to use the down arrow, and now i don't have to page down for him anymore.

we also have the editor of the sports department in our local newspaper in the league and he claims he's much too busy after 12 noon on saturdays to pay attention to or wait for lineups after our 12 noon deadline.

nobody's complaining yet about this deadline, but someday someone will.

i'm going to post this observation as a separate question, but the rule regarding non submission of lineups and thurs games goes along with this issue. i'd be interested in any rules there.