[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you Bench Peyton Manning?

The Wolf

Over the last several weeks, he's been out-thrown by several QB's. Needing to win this week to clinch a playoff spot, and Drew Brees sitting on the bench, the question is this: Do you ever bench Peyton Manning?

Big John, I really do not mean this as a WDIS thread, but more for discussion on whether or not Manning is still considered to be an automatic start, regardless of opponent or whom his backup is.

Edited by The Wolf

Over the last several weeks, he's been out-thrown by several QB's. Needing to win this week to clinch a playoff spot, and Drew Brees sitting on the bench, the question is this: Do you ever bench Peyton Manning?

Big John, I really do not mean this as a WDIS thread, but more for discussion on whether or not Manning is still considered to be an automatic start, regardless of opponent or whom his backup is.

If someone like LJ or LT has a few bad games in a row while Chester or McGahee outscores them in that stretch, you'd still start LJ or LT, right?

If someone like LJ or LT has a few bad games in a row while Chester or McGahee outscores them in that stretch, you'd still start LJ or LT, right?

I don't think it's the same thing, though.

LT and LJ are so far ahead of everyone else on a consistant basis, you just can;t sit them. Peyton is a top QB year in and year out, but does not necessarily set the FF world on fire every week. The reason he gets such high regard is his week to week consistancy.

I have owned Peyton in a dynasty league since he came into the league. I have played him almost every week since his 3rd year. The few times I did sit him (excluding the end of last year) he went off. Usually something like 3 TDs vs a very good pass def. I couldn't do it unless I KNEW the other QB would outscore him. And knowing that of course is impossible.

For me its bad fantasy karma. My luck Brees would break his arm on the 1st play. At this point I would be really tempted but I couldn't do it. And I like his match-up this week vs Ten. Now if he was playing NE maybe I could

That being said, I could see it but I can't do it.

:D

This is NOT a WDIS thread ... but would you bench Manning for Brees?

I repeat, this is NOT a WDIS thread.

:D

OK, Ha-Ha...I get your point, Biltz. I nearly posted a WDIS but the more I thought about it, the more I wondered whether or not other Huddlers thought Manning was no longer the "automatic" he once was, given another very good option.

It is literally just to open up conversation. Maybe I shouldn't have brought Brees into the equation and just named the post "Would You Ever Bench Peyton Manning?" Big John, can you assist and change the thread title?

Edited by The Wolf

OK, Ha-Ha...I get your point, Biltz. I nearly posted a WDIS but the more I thought about it, the more I wondered whether or not other Huddlers thought Manning was no longer the "automatic" he once was, given another very good option.

It is literally just to open up conversation. Maybe I shouldn't have brought Brees into the equation and just named the post "Would You Ever Bench Peyton Manning?" Big John, can you assist and change the thread title?

The problem is that you mentioned that you had Brees on the bench. This is a WDIS pure and simple ... had you not included who your other option was then maybe it would have been an "open discussion". Even then it would have gotten to which QBs could be started over Manning and you would have asked "how about Brees?".

If it looks like a WDIS and smells like a WDIS ... it's a WDIS.

The problem is that you mentioned that you had Brees on the bench. This is a WDIS pure and simple ... had you not included who your other option was then maybe it would have been an "open discussion". Even then it would have gotten to which QBs could be started over Manning and you would have asked "how about Brees?".

I agree and see your point. Big John, please take this thread down...I don't want to mislead anyone.

I own Manning myself and would say no QB is an automatic start. I would not bench Manning just bcause he went up against a tough D though. He is so good, he is the one that decides how and more importantly who on the Colts is gonna score. If he plays against a team that concedes the run then guess what? Addai gets 4 scores. If they play the Colts honest then thats when he goes off. When he played against the Donkos this year, they had only given up one passing TD at that point but played honest D and he tore them a new one. I am more worried about soft run defences and him watching Addai just for the fun of it.

Guy in one of my leagues has been playing Brees over Manning allot lately. Hard to argue with the results.

Brees so far has been the S.O.D for probably anyone who grabbed him.

Brees so far has been the S.O.D for probably anyone who grabbed him.

from CBS

Brees has been a Fantasy monster this year. Consider him a No. 1 option for Week 13 against the 49ers.

outstanding.

I agree and see your point. Big John, please take this thread down...I don't want to mislead anyone.

Don't pull it down for the Pompous One. Tell him to get bent. Better yet, tell him to regail us with a 2000 word post about his son's basketball game, and how he felt about every every play call, every change of possession/timeout/etc. Apparently Grits thinks this is solid posting and is of tremendous interest to all of us. If he does this, he won't have time to be superior to you.

1) Never I mean never bench Peyton. Live with the results and be grateful you own the guy.

2) Since you have Brees also just trade one of them to improve your team in another area even if you get a little less in return. That way you won't beat yourself up trying to decide between the two every week.

Brees is a top 3 QB...just trade him or peyton and upgrade a starting spot...

and on the topic of starting QB's...i think its fine to bench your stud if the matchup isnt there...CP against the ravens this week, the expected = actual....

i started harrington instead