[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LOL @ this mock draft

BeeR

Obviously it's out of date now because OAK have #1, but why would either Oakland or Detroit pass on Quinn? They both have QB needs.

And :D at the thought of Detroit drafting ANOTHER receiver.

Again, OAK will not draft Quinn regardless. Davis doesn't draft QBs that high.

1. Sidney Rice is not even entering the draft.

2. Oakland will not take Quinn, because they think Andrew Walter can do the job. Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson will go to Oakland, they will likely trade down for more picks so...>

3. Detriot will draft Brady Quinn.

Edited by CD6405

If Atlanta was smart, they'd try to trade up for a GOOD WR instead of all the crappy ones they drafted. Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn, Jeff Samardija...how can they screw up that?

Plus if they got C.J. he stays right at home in Georgia.

I have a feeling Troy Smith will be available in the 2nd or 3rd round, ha ha.

Dwayne Jarrett sure seemed to bump his draft stock up and after the absolute reaming that Michigan got last night, how can 3 of their defensive players go in the 1st round??

Lots of silly responses in this thread:

Houston takes AP, but not Bush?

Maybe Peterson won't have as many character flaws as Bush did at draft time.

Oakland trading the pick?

Easier said than done. It's not fantasy football. No player stands out as the obvious #1 pick this year.

Detroit's RB KJones season is in doubt? Need to draft Peterson.

First part is just conjecture, the second part would be a wasted draft pick since they drafted Calhoun last year and free agents will be in abundance.

Oakland passing on Quinn?

It could happen. OL is their biggest need and a blue chip prospect is sitting right there for them. Ditto for a primo WR and they have two disgruntled WRs on the roster. Both positions cost less than a QB at #1 would.

This mock must have been done awhile ago?

Date of last update is 21 December. Stated right before pick number one in the middle of the screen.

Sometimes people on messageboards scare me with their silly thinking. And "silly" is a nice word used to mean something else.

Houston takes AP, but not Bush?

Oakland trading the pick?

Easier said than done. It's not fantasy football. No player stands out as the obvious #1 pick this year.

Detroit's RB KJones season is in doubt? Need to draft Peterson.

First part is just conjecture, the second part would be a wasted draft pick since they drafted Calhoun last year and free agents will be in abundance.

Oakland passing on Quinn?

It could happen. OL is their biggest need and a blue chip prospect is sitting right there for them. Ditto for a primo WR and they have two disgruntled WRs on the roster. Both positions cost less than a QB at #1 would.

Date of last update is 21 December. Stated right before pick number one in the middle of the screen.

Sometimes people on messageboards scare me with their silly thinking. And "silly" is a nice word used to mean something else.

When i said Oakland trading the pick, I was thinking more along the lines to Detroit. Kinda like how San Diego screwed NYG with their drafting of Eli Manning even though they wanted Phillip Rivers. Brady Quinn is the prototypical drop back QB, and Mike Martz would like that in his offense. Jamarcus Russell actually could be good for Detroit, but with their GM and president, I really don't think they would wait and get him later. There are a few clear top prospects in the draft, but most are at positions that aren't going to control the game. The depth and huge talent is at WR, and no one really would want to draft a WR number 1 would that? I think Oakland could just try to be buttholes to Detroit and say they will take Quinn if Detroit doesn't trade up.

Oakland could also trade their two WRs for some nice draft picks in this deep draft, especially since they need a LOT of help.

Edited by CD6405

Reggie Bush put up 1300 yards on offense and 8 TDs in a backup role for a team that went from 3 wins to division champions. The only flaw involved with Bush was the Texans fubar of not drafting him. Talk all the crap about his "character", but so far, the facts seem to indicate that Reggie Bush is a heckuva football player that plays on teams that WIN.

This must have been done a little while ago, as the order is incorrect too.

Well, before you edited what I said, it was actually 100% accurate. It was done a little while ago, and the order is in fact incorrect. But I guess that makes me silly. :D

Call out someone else. Dick.