[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick would have scored...

Rockerbraves

You quoted a post of mine from a conversation with someone else & responded to it. I assumed if you were doing that, you had been following along. From your response above, apparently not. My mistake.

I responded to this:

So tell me something Savage Beatings.

How many times is it, that a Vick QB'ed team has gotten into the playoffs?

And just out of curiosity, how many times was it that the Vick QB'ed team which made it to the playoffs, was just a one shot wonder?

You know, a one & done show, like the Romo QB'ed team.

Do tell where I have it out of context.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

No Hat Trick.

Nobody is saying that Vick holds for the PK, just as nobody is saying that Vick plays QB for the Cowboys.

But what Rockerbraves IS saying, is that if in the HYPOTHETICAL situation of it being Vick instead of Romo who fumbled that snap, it's about a 99.9% certainty Vick would've scored, or, at the very least, gotten a 1st down.

But I'm pretty sure you knew that & just wanted to be obtuse.

Kordell Stewart would have scored too. LaDainian Tomlinson would have scored. Randy Moss might have scored. Terrell Owens would have scored. Rickey Henderson would have scored. Willie Parker would have scored. Larry Johnson would have scored. Steve Smith would have scored. I think this is a great thread. It really got me thinking.....

Do tell where I have it out of context.

If you were wanting to join in the conversation & follow along it's subject, this response was out of context.

Well doesn't Vick have to get to the playoffs FIRST before he can help them advance? Hell he can't advance them TO the playoffs let alone advance them IN the playoffs.

Now if you did not want to contribute to the conversation & just wanted to quote a post & throw in whatever response you felt like, whether it made sense to the subject being discussed or not, then you did just fine.

If you were wanting to join in the conversation & follow along it's subject, this response was out of context.

Now if you did not want to contribute to the conversation & just wanted to quote a post & throw in whatever response you felt like, whether it made sense to the subject being discussed or not, then you did just fine.

You aren't making sense. I have read the thread and my responses appear to be perfectly appropriate and in context. Typical Vick apologist evade and deflect tactics appear to be in play.

You aren't making sense. I have read the thread and my responses appear to be perfectly appropriate and in context. Typical Vick apologist evade and deflect tactics appear to be in play.

Ok guy, whatever you say.

Have you learned nothing, he would have already had his 1000 yds rushing, so nothing to prove. He would have looked into the end-zone with a point to prove about his much malighned passing prowress, found an elgible Cowboy player wide open for a 5 yd toss and catch for the victory(or lead), and the ball would have fallen incomplete-sheesh.

Kordell Stewart would have scored too. LaDainian Tomlinson would have scored. Randy Moss might have scored. Terrell Owens would have scored. Rickey Henderson would have scored. Willie Parker would have scored. Larry Johnson would have scored. Steve Smith would have scored. I think this is a great thread. It really got me thinking.....

:D:D

very nice work there!

Say what you want about Vick, but if he would have been the one to bobble that FG snap he would have scored. Heard this was Romo's 2nd time to come up short at the goal line in their last two games.

To be honest I didn't see the Cowboys/Lions game. But what I heard is he had a chance to score but got stopped short of the goal by running up the middle. Did that cost the Cowboys a division championship and home field advantage in the playoffs?

As a professional lurker, I've seen posts hit the bottom of the page in minutes, but this one is at 1,000+ reads and growing and it was started by someone who didn't even see the play! You're all guilty of taking Rocker's bait. :D

Fishing Expedition of the Year, IMO.

As a professional lurker, I've seen posts hit the bottom of the page in minutes, but this one is at 1,000+ reads and growing and it was started by someone who didn't even see the play! You're all guilty of taking Rocker's bait. :D

Fishing Expedition of the Year, IMO.

I was thinking tha same thing.

I don't know ... basically you mention Michael Vick or Ben Roethlisberger around here and it can go on for days.

Sheesh, even this guy had quite a bit of thread time.

Have you learned nothing, he would have already had his 1000 yds rushing, so nothing to prove. He would have looked into the end-zone with a point to prove about his much malighned passing prowress, found an elgible Cowboy player wide open for a 5 yd toss and catch for the victory(or lead), and the ball would have fallen incomplete-sheesh.

NO!!! by God this as good as it gets, and it will get it's props!!!!...begin please.

Nahhh...only needing half a yard for the 1st down, Vick would've passed it to himself, same as he did in the Pitt game earlier this year.

(Shotgun) M.Vick pass to M.Vick to PIT 7 for 1 yard (T.Polamalu).