[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers-Saints HOF Game

CarryTheRock

:D CTR lives in Iowa.

Figured you would get that before me...lol

I know I can go to a sports bar (and watch it on a screen bigger than 55 inch's). My beef is with the NFL and the network. It was kinda funny listening to the radio hosts biatch about it on Sirius NFL radio one day because they cannot get it in their area. Their cable doesn't have it and they can't get Direct TV where they live.

Figured you would get that before me...lol

I know I can go to a sports bar (and watch it on a screen bigger than 55 inch's). My beef is with the NFL and the network. It was kinda funny listening to the radio hosts biatch about it on Sirius NFL radio one day because they cannot get it in their area. Their cable doesn't have it and they can't get Direct TV where they live.

NFL better be careful with this crap. They might just find themselves like Boxing. Yeah they can get away with it for one generation, but I would venture to say that most kids under 18 couldn't tell you who the heavy weight champion of the world is today.

NFL better be careful with this crap. They might just find themselves like Boxing. Yeah they can get away with it for one generation, but I would venture to say that most kids under 18 couldn't tell you who the heavy weight champion of the world is today.

this is a bit of an overstatement don't you think?

Steelers get an extra preseason game to help get acclimated with their new head coach. :D I sense something good coming out of the Burgh this year! :D

I agree, this extra game will help the new staff.

Steelers were not nearly as bad as everyone is saying in 2006...despite their 2-6 start, they were one win from going to the playoffs (they would have won the tiebreaker with KC). I mean if Ben doesn't throw 14 points to Oakland they are in and play Indy and you know how that went in 2005.....

2006 Steelers got crushed by Jags and Baltimore, but every other game they lost they were in it and it only took Ben's horrible INTs from winning most of the games they lost.

Steelers could sneak up on the AFC this year.

Edited by SteelerMurf

this is a bit of an overstatement don't you think?

I don't think so...to me it looks like they are moving in that direction. If I ever have to pay to watch a game at home, I am done. It will be the downfall of the NFL if they go to pay per view.

Edited by Outshined

I can see where the NFL is going with this...mark my words when the contracts expire with FOX & CBS, ABC all playoff games & the Superbowl will be on the NFL Net. Also, Monday & Sunday night football

Edited by neilfish2

I don't think so...to me it looks like they are moving in that direction. If I ever have to pay to watch a game at home, I am done. It will be the downfall of the NFL if they go to pay per view.

Now I wouldn't go as far as done, I still will watch my Saints, But I will not pay to watch any other game...

Good example of success of doing the opposite of what the NFL network is doing is the Masters. Not sure how many watch the Masters, however IMO one of the reasons why the Masters has become the #1 golf event in the world is partly due to it's commitment to air TV coverage with limited commercial interruption. On the opposite side is the Golf Channel that use to be one of my favorites until they took it off of basic extended coverage.

I can see where the NFL is going with this...mark my words when the contracts expire with FOX & CBS, ABC all playoff games & the Superbowl will be on the NFL Net. Also, Monday & Sunday night football

They can't give themselves $11 billion to broadcast their own games.

Cable companies avoid paying 70 cents per customer that they could recoup dropping 2 food channels.