[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama Smoking

cliaz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I sure hope that something like smoking does not prevent us from getting to real issues.

I don't smoke, I don't like to be around smoke, but I completely understand that it up to you when it comes to smoking or not smoking.

Total non-issue for me.

If I ever got into office (God help you all) one of the first things that I would do would be to go on a crusade to make tobacco illegal instead of just outlawing smoking everywhere. The hypocrisy of the anti-smoking establishment astounds me when you threaten to take away the revenue that it generates.

Eh, I don't really care if he smokes. But either quit, or smoke. People who are in the process of "quitting" genearlly become insufferable pricks, prone to irrational behavior. Probably not the best situation for the leader of the free world to be in.

Edited by yo mama

The hypocrisy of the anti-smoking establishment astounds me when you threaten to take away the revenue that it generates.

Tell you what: let's make tobacco illegal, but compensate for the lost revenues by legalizing Mary J and taxing the crap out of that instead. Deal?

Honestly, I sure hope that something like smoking does not prevent us from getting to real issues.

:D:bash: this is american politics of coarse it will be an issue

Tell you what: let's make tobacco illegal, but compensate for the lost revenues by legalizing Mary J and taxing the crap out of that instead. Deal?

deal :D

Speaking of smoking... I heard yesterday that Minnesota's new Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison, called the police on Congressman Tancredo because he could smell cigar smoke coming from his office. The police informed Ellison that it was perfectly legal for Tancredo to smoke in his office and that they would "look into it." When Tancredo found out that Ellison called the police on him he basically said that there was no way he would stop smoking his cigars now... and that had Ellison just come over and talked to him about it, he probably would have been a lot more accomodating.

Knowing Tancredo though, he was probably blowing the smoke intentionally into Ellison's office with multiple fans.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I don't smoke, I don't like to be around smoke, but I completely understand that it up to you when it comes to smoking or not smoking.

Total non-issue for me.

So you think. BUT, how about when smokers become sick and rely on you and I to pay for their medical bills through Medicare and Medicaid? :D

Strangely, the liberal media never says anything about him bing half Caucasian. :D

Public radio had a bit on Obama yesterday. One woman said that this country is ready to elect Obama because he doesn't have slave ancestry. There is no fear that he will install reparations for blacks that were enslaved. This was a guest not a caller.

I don't know about you, but I don't see that as an issue. I really don't think he is ready to be president. He has been a senator for two years. What do we really know about this guys leadership skills and abilities.

Public radio had a bit on Obama yesterday. One woman said that this country is ready to elect Obama because he doesn't have slave ancestry. There is no fear that he will install reparations for blacks that were enslaved. This was a guest not a caller.

That's seriously one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

I don't know about you, but I don't see that as an issue. I really don't think he is ready to be president. He has been a senator for two years. What do we really know about this guys leadership skills and abilities.

Can he be any worse than W in those areas? :D