[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My first attack of Diverticulitis.

PantherDave

Wow!!! Laid low on Saturday with the Diver Attack. Much better now, liquid diet for 4 days, now on soups and crackers. Basically more water and fiber to come with the "new" diet. Looking forward to some chicken and chops next week...that's for sure.

Wow!!! Laid low on Saturday with the Diver Attack. Much better now, liquid diet for 4 days, now on soups and crackers. Basically more water and fiber to come with the "new" diet. Looking forward to some chicken and chops next week...that's for sure.

Are you going to have to have surgery on that? My old man had to have some intestine removed. He was fairly sick for a while then as good as new.

Are you going to have to have surgery on that? My old man had to have some intestine removed. He was fairly sick for a while then as good as new.

Mine too..Im pretty sure this is what club had as well..I guess there are mild cases..I hope all is well PD..

One of my co-workers was laid out with that. Now she has to avoid anything that could possibly get trapped, even veggies with seeds like tomatos and peppers.

Glad to hear your feeling better.

Edited by Kid Cid

Since it was my first attack I'm gonna just do the diet and exercise approach. They are gonna check out the diverticul...toppill... what ever with a colon scope in about 2 months. Water, soup and antibiotics now, gradually intake more solid food. Eat more fruits and vegtabels etc.. If I have a second attack...no doubt would go ahead and have the surgery.

It's like having a "hernia" in your colon, and food can get trapped in this pocket, and the pocket becomes inflamed and infected. Left side of your abdomen swells up, feels like it's gonna pop-(extreme attacks it very well can). Then ya start pouding the water, peach syrup, beef, and chicken broth for 4 days. That bowl of tomatp soup and crackers last night was ouuta this world.

It's like having a "hernia" in your colon, and food can get trapped in this pocket, and the pocket becomes inflamed and infected. Left side of your abdomen swells up, feels like it's gonna pop-(extreme attacks it very well can). Then ya start pouding the water, peach syrup, beef, and chicken broth for 4 days. That bowl of tomatp soup and crackers last night was ouuta this world.

Skins calls those speed bumps

Seriously though Club is the best guy to listen to hear as he just went through this..My Dad had it and it did get to surgery..It was not easy but manageable and he is absolutley fine now and just has some diet restrictions to keep in mind..Good luck PD . Keep us posted.

Since it was my first attack I'm gonna just do the diet and exercise approach. They are gonna check out the diverticul...toppill... what ever with a colon scope in about 2 months. Water, soup and antibiotics now, gradually intake more solid food. Eat more fruits and vegtabels etc.. If I have a second attack...no doubt would go ahead and have the surgery.

Sorry to read you were down with diverticulitis. :D

Hopefully you'll never have to have surgery for this. It's no fun! :D

I sent you a PM. Has my personal email and cell number. Use either if you have any questions or concerns. I check my email daily and if you PM/email me yer area code I'll answer if I ever get a call from it.

I had a very severe case for a 35 year old, it was so bad by the time I had surgery it had f*cked up my small intestine. I may or may not have waited too long to have my surgery. Won't know until I die. If I have to have any more colon removed and I die and my colon is still attached to my dirty hole, it was worth it. I never have to have the srugery again, I put myself through a lot of unnecessary agony. I lost about 55 pounds and have gained back just under 20 sine having a foot of colon removed.

I am at your service. Whatever you want to know about diet, meds and so on. Don't be bashful I sent you my personal contact information specficially for you to feel free to use should you so choose.

I sent you a PM. Has my personal email and cell number. Use either if you have any questions or concerns. I check my email daily and if you PM/email me yer area code I'll answer if I ever get a call from it.

I had a very severe case for a 35 year old, it was so bad by the time I had surgery it had f*cked up my small intestine. I may or may not have waited too long to have my surgery. Won't know until I die. If I have to have any more colon removed and I die and my colon is still attached to my dirty hole, it was worth it. I never have to have the srugery again, I put myself through a lot of unnecessary agony. I lost about 55 pounds and have gained back just under 20 sine having a foot of colon removed.

I am at your service. Whatever you want to know about diet, meds and so on. Don't be bashful I sent you my personal contact information specficially for you to feel free to use should you so choose.

I will do it Club, as they consider mine to be Mild, but the fact that I turn 40 next week still makes it on the young side for Diver Attacks as well. So far, so good, I'm just ready for some solid food again-I Hope!!