[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adobe pdf file help

untateve

I have some colleagues who are attempting to type into a adobe pdf file but they cannot do so as the file won't let them. What can they do to be able to type a few lines into a contract proposal.

All help would be appreciated.

I have some colleagues who are attempting to type into a adobe pdf file but they cannot do so as the file won't let them. What can they do to be able to type a few lines into a contract proposal.

If the file is locked and password protected then they won't be able to do anything with it. They'll need a full version of acrobat and not reader if it's not protected.

if it's not already a fillable PDF, then you'll need the full version of acrobat with adobe designer (not just the free reader) to add your own form fields, then it's under Advanced->Forms

if it's a matter of adding text to a contract though (if you're dealing more with paragraphs than with text boxes and the like), you might be better off getting all of the text into Word and editing it there. if you have any kind of scanner/all-in-one anywhere in your office, it probably came with some sort of OCR software that will allow you to do this.

I have informed them that they need the full version of acrobat. They know someone who has it. They are on their way to adobe love.

I'm pretty sure they're going to need a full Version of Acrobat. Not sure, but pretty sure. I think. Or so I heard. Perhaps.

If you only have reader you will not be able to edit the document. At least I think that's the case.

Tell those Morans to use Word so you guys can exchange the document back and forth with changes.

Tell those Morans to use Word so you guys can exchange the document back and forth with changes.

That's probably why they didn't send it in Word format.

When I create something, typically only I make the changes. I don't want to have to read the entire document again (particularly if its lengthy) to make sure that something hasn't been changed without my knowledge.

I convert many of my Word documents to pdf before I send them out. If somebody wants to make changes, they can send proposed revisions to me via email, or they can mark up the document with a pen, scan it and send it back to me so that I can make the changes.

Edited by Furd

I just took a class at the local community college about this very software program, and we were using the full version of the software (not just the reader). We could go in and type and edit and stuff. Pretty cool. And the class only cost $10.