[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mouse

MrTed46

You know, after torturing innocent animals the next step is mass murder. Volunteering for counseling and heavy medication now will help the courts be more lenient during your sentencing.

Actually when a cat plays and kills a mouse it's called reality, you know nature playing itself out. Survival of the fittest/strongest type of thing. I teach my kids in school all the time about predator/prey relationships and how animals use their senses to track/hunt other animals down and how others use those same senses to avoid predators. They love it, I love it. Now stop being a pansy-ass about what the real world is all about and take your own advice. Counseling and medication might help you out the next time you have a freak attack when a bird swoops down and eats a worm off your front lawn. I've never killed an animal in my life nor do I intend too. I can feel emotions about things, like when squirrels eat away at my roof and I have to pay thousands to fix it, just like you do when you read my posts. However, the difference is I curse, yell, say things I don't mean but guess what, I've never acted on my anger and done something stupid that would cause me to serve jail time while my wife and kids sat home. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably can sympathize a bit. :D

Yeah sure you go oooff that poor mouse but it happens all the time. Same deal when people own snakes and throw live mice in for them to eat, it can be rough for some to watch but it's reality. And after a while you don't feel bad it's like a show you invite other people over to watch how amazing and fast the snake goes about his business once he's hungry.

I always shy away from poisoning because then they just die in the walls and smell. Those small mousetraps work great with peanut butter, cheese, jelly, etc.. Since it crushes their tiny skulls, it is over rather quickly.

We had RATS (Norwegian Roof Rats I am told) when I rented an apartment that I saw outside on my patio. I bought a big rat trap and when I killed it, I brought it in a bag to the lady that ran the apartments. The next day they had about a dozen guys there stripping all the ivy off of the building.

I've got a few in my shed. I used the old fashion type w/ PB and got 4 of them, but lately I find the traps tripped, no mouse and the PB is gone, or the PB is gone and they are not tripped. :D I'm afraid to use poison cause I have a dog that might find it or the corpse. I was gonna try the sticky traps, but I don't think the Mrs. will like their screaming. :D

I've got a few in my shed. I used the old fashion type w/ PB and got 4 of them, but lately I find the traps tripped, no mouse and the PB is gone, or the PB is gone and they are not tripped. :D I'm afraid to use poison cause I have a dog that might find it or the corpse. I was gonna try the sticky traps, but I don't think the Mrs. will like their screaming. :D

No she wouldn't like the screaming. The neck breakers are the best but they get smart with those things so you really have to be slick when baiting them.

Actually when a cat plays and kills a mouse it's called reality, you know nature playing itself out. Survival of the fittest/strongest type of thing. I teach my kids in school all the time about predator/prey relationships and how animals use their senses to track/hunt other animals down and how others use those same senses to avoid predators. They love it, I love it. Now stop being a pansy-ass about what the real world is all about and take your own advice. Counseling and medication might help you out the next time you have a freak attack when a bird swoops down and eats a worm off your front lawn. I've never killed an animal in my life nor do I intend too. I can feel emotions about things, like when squirrels eat away at my roof and I have to pay thousands to fix it, just like you do when you read my posts. However, the difference is I curse, yell, say things I don't mean but guess what, I've never acted on my anger and done something stupid that would cause me to serve jail time while my wife and kids sat home. :D

I'm not pooh-poohing the laws of nature, I'm just pointing out that based on your talk here you seem to enjoy the act of ridding your life of these vermin more than the goal of being rid of them. That's not the laws of nature, that's heading towards sociopathic.

We had mice in a couple of our houses growing up. My mom used the old fashioned head snapping kind and put the set trap (carefully) into a paper shopping bag. Then you can just peek into the bag and not have to see smashed mouse brain and roll the bag up and dispose.

That's a good idea although I find it hard to set traps sometimes especially after having done it several times due to nerves, tiredness, etc... so putting it or sliding it into a paper bag just may add to my frustration.

It's very unnerving when the trap goes off after you have set it and are just setting it in the spot you want it.

Also remember where you set them, you dont' want a surprise 6 months down the road when you move that washer, entertainment center, etc...

I'm not pooh-poohing the laws of nature, I'm just pointing out that based on your talk here you seem to enjoy the act of ridding your life of these vermin more than the goal of being rid of them. That's not the laws of nature, that's heading towards sociopathic.

It certainly isn't anywhere near this extent, however, whether it's because of what I've gone through with these animals, I truly don't feel bad for them when they die nor does it change based on the method in which they died. I have a very strong distaste for rats, squirrels, mice, opossums, etc. and don't view them as poor helpless animals but moreso as a nuisance and financial burden to me. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to kill them but I wouldn't shed a tear if I saw one killed. Hell, when I had my squirrel problem I got have-a-heart traps to catch them all and then reunited them with their family in a park, or at least that's what the animal control lady told me. But I had to catch them and when she came to transfer them she was too afraid to do it, which made me laugh, so I got stuck with the job. Like I said I sometimes talk alot of sh1t if I am emotional about a topic but in the end I am a very rational and reasonable individual. Thanks for your concern about my possible psychological issues though. I'll call you if I need some references in the future. :D

Edited by irish

We had an issue with mice in our detached garage last summer...I bought the old fashioned neck breaker that had a covering...I killed about 12-14 mice last summer and never even baited the trap once...no there is no longer mouse crap and pieces of insulation in my garage...

One time we let our cat outside by accident and it was playing in the bushes for like a minute and she came out with a mouse in her mouth...it was trying to wiggle away but she wouldn't let it...the funniest thing was that she was trying to get in the house with it desperately...

Edited by alexgaddis

I've heard that pi is really the best kind of bait to catch a rat.

:D True, but I could never figure out the exact amount to use. I knew it was like somewhere between 3-4 little chunks but to this day it still baffles me. They would always steal the bait so in the end I was just sit outside where they were and just talk alot and not make much sense (kind of like I do here on the boards at times) and that would usually do the trick as they'd either hang themselves or slit their own wrists or throats. :D

Edited by irish

I've only lived in one place where we had troubles with mice. My very first apt over 20 years ago. They used to pop out and run along the wall on the far end of the living room where the tv was. I'd sit back in my recliner and try and pick them off with a bb gun.

The mice lasted longer in that apartment then we did, as we were asked to leave after 3 months. :D

:D If you can't answer that question youself, understanding the heirarchy/intelligence in the animal kingdom, I can't help you there. Irish isn't going to dance today. My legs are tired. :doh:

Why? Because I'm intrigued by science, nature and what's real. I know I sound almost Grits-like but I'm not going to feel bad over the death of a rat, mouse, squirrel, etc. regardless of how it died. Hell, I don't even know them. :tup:

Unless of course it's a horse........in which case everyone feels bad. Well, almost everyone. :D

Unless of course it's a horse........in which case everyone feels bad. Well, almost everyone. :D

Exactly, a horse that people owned and had emotional ties too is a great example of when it's appropriate to feel bad when it dies. Right Grits? Especially if you had vested interests.

Its still at large...hes 2 smart for the glue

Find him and put him in a figure 4 leg lock. Always stopped my little annoying siblings from f'ing around any more.