[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles land Curtis

Bronco Billy

I can't believe you guys are comparing Curtis to Stallworth. Two completely different WRs.

Still a nice signing by the Eagles. As a McNabb dynasty owner, I'm happy to see he'll have a very competent WR in the mix.

Who said they were the same type?? :D

Thought comparing Curtis to the wr that was there before him to assess how many catches and yards were available would be a valid comparison.

Hold on, let me pull up the numbers for....damn, who's another white wr??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curtis is very intriguing and coming into his own as a wideout - I do think he will make a good #2 WR at the least. His numbers were way down last year because STL under Linehan does not throw to a #3 wideout. What surprises me some is that STL let Curtis get away knowing that Bruce is bound to hang it up soon.

He's not big enough to be a true #1 I would guess (5-11, 186) but the possession catches can go to Reggie Brown and let Curtis work deeper routes. I think this is a great signing for the Eagles - he can do anything that Stallworth did last year and won't be as prone to injury.

Curtis is very intriguing and coming into his own as a wideout - I do think he will make a good #2 WR at the least. His numbers were way down last year because STL under Linehan does not throw to a #3 wideout.

Does McNabb throw to the #2? :D

Does McNabb throw to the #2? :D

I can answer this in two ways:

1. What #2 has he ever had to throw the ball to in the past? Greg Lewis? Billy McMullen? Freddie Mitchell? Todd Pinkston? James Thrash? He's never had a decent #2 in PHI until last year when he had Stallworth who could not stay healthy.

2. $32 million with $9.5 million guaranteed. They are not buying a #3.

Who said they were the same type?? :D

Thought comparing Curtis to the wr that was there before him to assess how many catches and yards were available would be a valid comparison.

Hold on, let me pull up the numbers for....damn, who's another white wr??

Well some of you are saying that Stallworth got x-amount of yards/TDs, so extrapolating out, Curtis should have this many yards/TDs. :D It makes absolutely no sense.

Curtis is very intriguing and coming into his own as a wideout - I do think he will make a good #2 WR at the least. His numbers were way down last year because STL under Linehan does not throw to a #3 wideout. What surprises me some is that STL let Curtis get away knowing that Bruce is bound to hang it up soon.

He's not big enough to be a true #1 I would guess (5-11, 186) but the possession catches can go to Reggie Brown and let Curtis work deeper routes. I think this is a great signing for the Eagles - he can do anything that Stallworth did last year and won't be as prone to injury.

I don't see Curtis as a deep threat, personally. He's never averaged more than 13.4 ypc.

Stallworth was at a 19.1 ypc clip last season, and was in the 19's for New Orleans in 2003.

Reggie Brown averaged 17.7 ypc last season.

Not seein' it. :D

I don't see Curtis as a deep threat, personally. He's never averaged more than 13.4 ypc.

Stallworth was at a 19.1 ypc clip last season, and was in the 19's for New Orleans in 2003.

Reggie Brown averaged 17.7 ypc last season.

Not seein' it. :D

You cannot use last year as a measure for Curtis in a new offense that did not use the #3 wideout spot he had.

In 2005, he had catches of 23, 21,25, 57, 42, 83, 26 and 56 yards.

Stallworth did have 19.1 YPC last year with McNabb. In his two previous seasons in New Orleans he averaged 13.5 and 13.2 YPC. In 2003, which ignores what he did in his two most recent seasons in NO, he only had 25 catches which were impacted by a couple of big yardage games and he only started three that year anyway.

Kevin Curtis ran a 4.43 at the combine in 2003 but he had been hand-timed at 4.21. In case you are worried about him picking up the offense, he scored a 48 (out of a possible 50) on his wonderlic. I think you underestimate him.

You cannot use last year as a measure for Curtis in a new offense that did not use the #3 wideout spot he had.

In 2005, he had catches of 23, 21,25, 57, 42, 83, 26 and 56 yards.

Stallworth did have 19.1 YPC last year with McNabb. In his two previous seasons in New Orleans he averaged 13.5 and 13.2 YPC. In 2003, which ignores what he did in his two most recent seasons in NO, he only had 25 catches which were impacted by a couple of big yardage games and he only started three that year anyway.

Kevin Curtis ran a 4.43 at the combine in 2003 but he had been hand-timed at 4.21. In case you are worried about him picking up the offense, he scored a 48 (out of a possible 50) on his wonderlic. I think you underestimate him.

I'm a huge Curtis fan. I'm just not buying him being the same type of receiver Stallworth was for the Eagles. I'd be interested to see what his RAC numbers are with those catches you mentioned. I know one, for a fact, was a fluke play in overtime against the Texans.

Again, as a McNabb dynasty owner, I love the signing. Curtis is a solid WR that won't whine about how much he's getting the ball, won't have off-field issues, and will be solid in the clubhouse. I just see him right around where he was at in '05. 60-70 catches, 800-900 yards and 6-7 TDs.

this is exactly how I feel..

I was hoping to let Stallworth go in favor of Curtis...

funny thing though, I swore up and down that Brandon Lloyd was cut/released by the Redskins...and wanted either him or Curtis....but apparently I was wrong..

this is exactly how I feel..

I was hoping to let Stallworth go in favor of Curtis...

funny thing though, I swore up and down that Brandon Lloyd was cut/released by the Redskins...and wanted either him or Curtis....but apparently I was wrong..

Lloyd would have been a better deep threat than Curtis but Curtis is probably the better overall wideout. He'll be a solid fantasy WR.

Lloyd would have been a better deep threat than Curtis but Curtis is probably the better overall wideout. He'll be a solid fantasy WR.

I concur....I wanted Lloyd because of his familiarity with the WCO...

with Curtis, I believe it won't matter as he'll pick-up any offense...

no Mike, he's going to come to Philly and be an all pro so that can't be the case.

I was talking about the time he was with the Rams. He remained behind Bruce on the depth chart and the team re-signed Bruce even though he's a 14 year vet. Why didn't that contract go to the younger Curtis?

Ding Ding DIng! :D

He is a 5'11" 29 year old slot WR who was in a pass happy "O" and had two very good (one of them great) WR's outside him. Did you guys ever watch the Rams? He was always on a backer or a Saftey. He WILL NEVER BE A NUMBER ONE WR! Gauranteed. Look at Az Hakim. He was a flop as a #1 or even a #2. A guy like Curtis can not get off a jam from a top corner and get himself open. He had 40 catches and 479 and 4 TD's. Whoopdie doo! WAY too much money here for this guy. No need for him to be on any fantasy roster.

If Philly uses him in the slot where he belongs then cool. They will have payed a slot WR 5 Million per year.

Are you kidding? You can live in a sh@t hole like Filthadelphia or come to a beautiful place like Tennessee. There is no comparison. Nobody would willingly choose to move to Philly over Nashville. Nobody.

Curtis was one of the hottest free agents on the market in the off-season, as the drive from Vegas capped off a whirlwind two weeks. He visited Detroit, where he had success with Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz when he was the head coach in St. Louis, Minnesota, the Giants, the Eagles and wrapped up his itinerary earlier this week in Tennessee.

"Philly, from the start of the week, was where I wanted to be," said Curtis. "All along, I think the situation in Philadelphia was the most appealing to me. This was my favorite all along. This is where I wanted to be."

What was that you were saying hick-boy? :D

He is a 5'11" 29 year old slot WR who was in a pass happy "O" and had two very good (one of them great) WR's outside him. Did you guys ever watch the Rams? He was always on a backer or a Saftey. He WILL NEVER BE A NUMBER ONE WR! Gauranteed. Look at Az Hakim. He was a flop as a #1 or even a #2. A guy like Curtis can not get off a jam from a top corner and get himself open. He had 40 catches and 479 and 4 TD's. Whoopdie doo! WAY too much money here for this guy. No need for him to be on any fantasy roster.

If Philly uses him in the slot where he belongs then cool. They will have payed a slot WR 5 Million per year.

Wow.

Did Curtis sleep with your wife or something?

Here is how Curtis did in weeks 4 thru 9 in 2005 when Bruce wasn't available...

+----------+--------+-------------+----+

| WK OPP | RSHYD | REC YD | TD |

| 4 nyg | 0 | 6 78 | 0 |

| 5 sea | 0 | 5 63 | 1 |

| 6 ind | 0 | 3 73 | 1 |

| 7 nor | 5 | 3 69 | 1 |

| 8 jax | 0 | 3 105 | 1 |

I'd take it.

Here is how Curtis did in weeks 4 thru 9 in 2005 when Bruce wasn't available...

| WK OPP | RSHYD | REC YD | TD |

| 4 nyg | 0 | 6 78 | 0 |

| 5 sea | 0 | 5 63 | 1 |

| 6 ind | 0 | 3 73 | 1 |

| 7 nor | 5 | 3 69 | 1 |

| 8 jax | 0 | 3 105 | 1 |

I'd take it.

Week 8 - JAX was primarily a 65 yard hail mary TD from Jamie Martin and a missed tackle by the JAX safety.