[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flying first class

Skilly

I see a lot of negative thoughts on checking your bag. I for one hate carrying my bag on the plane. I already have a pretty big carry-on (laptop case), so the last thing I want is my roller bag. I'm not sure it would even fit in the overhead bins. And if it somehow doesn't fit (different bins allow different sized bags), you are in a world of hurt.

I just check my bag. Allows me to go to the counter (rarely do I wait in any line there), make sure I have the best seat available, check for first class upgrade, and drop off my bulky bag.

Yes, there are issues if you end up changing flights (as evidenced by my issues with the trip I'm on now) and yeah, the baggage handlers are criminals (as evidenced by my camera being stolen from my checked bags late last year) but I will continue to check my bag, even on an overnighter. I just find it easier.

i dont carry it on, i check it at the counter prior to boarding and leave it at the door(at least thats what I used to do)

Edited by keggerz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Ask for exit row seating(more leg room then reg. rows and if needed you can be a hero)

Good info here. I did this on my last outing to Vegas and it was ALMOST like I was back in first class.

I had to use my charm and good looks to secure free drinks. :D

i dont carry it on, i check it at the counter prior to boarding and leave it at the door(at least thats what I used to do)

I don't think they let you do that anymore. Unless you're on one of those smaller planes with real small overhead bins or if they run out of space. You're right, though... that would be the best way to do it.

On my flight yesterday, there was a 60-something year-old lady sitting at the window in an exit row. I was just thankful that there was another exit nearer to me.

Oh, as for the people in first class, I treat them the same way I treat everybody else (meaning that I completely ignore them).

Also, flew NWA and had no problems.

On my flight yesterday, there was a 60-something year-old lady sitting at the window in an exit row. I was just thankful that there was another exit nearer to me.

Oh, as for the people in first class, I treat them the same way I treat everybody else (meaning that I completely ignore them).

Also, flew NWA and had no problems.

well frodo... your feet don't touch the ground in coach...... it's practically first class flying for you

:D

well frodo... your feet don't touch the ground in coach...... it's practically first class flying for you

The funny thing is that yesterday when I was sitting in coach I realized that I had plenty of room and I was cracking up thinking about this thread.

The funny thing is that yesterday when I was sitting in coach I realized that I had plenty of room and I was cracking up thinking about this thread.

:tup:

How small are you??? :D Wait, did I just ask that outloud??? :D

Anyway, if anyone has flown first class before, do you feel a little self-conscious when you are seated and then have to watch all the other passengers pass you on their way back to the cramped coach section? They pass you with that expression of both mild hatred and longing. It was weird.

Actually, that expression comes from knowing that everyone in first class will be the first ones to die when the plane crashes... :D