[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will your team pick?

PantherDave

I believe Landry and Willis will be gone, so while deep at DT, not so much DE. I do believe there is an outside chance at Olsen as well, who some feel is the next high caliber TE to join the league.

at 14 the Carolina Panthers select Carriker/Anderson at DE or Olsen at TE

..next.

I don't know who they will pick it all depends on who is there. I am hoping I here the commissioner says, "With the 7th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings take Brady Quinn quarterback from Notre Dame."

I don't know who they will pick it all depends on who is there. I am hoping I here the commissioner says, "With the 7th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings take Brady Quinn quarterback from Notre Dame."

If the Brownies don't take him I think the Vikes have a shot.

I believe the Cowboys will pick either Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe at 1.22

I wish they would go for a guard like Aaron Sears as I believe that pro football offense begins and ends with a top O-Line but I dont think Jerry will go that way.

The second round should go with a physical corner to compliment Wade's aggressive 3-4.

Edit: Wow! T Bone and I are almost lined up there!

Edited by 5RingsInBigD

I would like that pick as well. It sounds like we will get Clevelands leftovers if Washington does not trade down and somebody takes our player at 6. Thats why I am thinking all the Quinn talk earlier could be a smokescreen for somebody else. I think it will be between Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn if somebody does not jump in front of us.

I would like that pick as well. It sounds like we will get Clevelands leftovers if Washington does not trade down and somebody takes our player at 6. Thats why I am thinking all the Quinn talk earlier could be a smokescreen for somebody else. I think it will be between Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn if somebody does not jump in front of us.

Thing about taking Quinn is it basically admits they made a mistake in reaching for T Jackson last year (or at least shows a lack of confidence in him before he really got a shot) IMO. :D

If they are thinking Peterson, what does that say/do to Chester? It was only last year they gave him starter money to sign him. Now, if they draft Peterson, how much $ will they have tied up in those 2 RBs? And not knowing much about Peterson, would he be likely to sign with Minnesota knowing Taylor is in place as the starter? :D

I'm still going with Jarvis Moss for the Steelers.

However, if Jamaal Anderson somehow slid down to #15, I think the Steelers take him. If Carriker is there, he is a possibility.

However, I think Anderson and Carriker are gone, and the Steelers take Jarvis Moss as their next in a long line of solid OLB's (Lloyd, Gildon, Porter, Haggans).......

Gaines Adams. I see CJ and Joe Thomas going in the top three, leaving us with one of the better ends in the draft - and we need D-line help badly. Ideally we'd trade down a few for anyone who covets Brady Quinn (well, ideally we'd be able to draft CJ at four...) and still get an excellent starter for the D.

I may be crazy, but suddenly I'm not 100% the Bengals will go defense.

RT, pro bowler, Willie Anderson isn't getting any younger, and OT Joe Staley could be there. The Bengals know Central Michigan well since they drafted C Eric Ghiaciuc and OT Adam Kieft from Central Mich in 2005. :D

But any one of a half dozen DBs or LBs would not surprise me at all. LB - Beason or Posloszny, CB - Revis, Hall, or Houston. Long shot at DT Branch if his stock really is falling like the websites say.

If the Brownies don't take him I think the Vikes have a shot.

I believe the Cowboys will pick either Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe at 1.22

I wish they would go for a guard like Aaron Sears as I believe that pro football offense begins and ends with a top O-Line but I dont think Jerry will go that way.

The second round should go with a physical corner to compliment Wade's aggressive 3-4.

Edit: Wow! T Bone and I are almost lined up there!

I tend to agree with both of you. My only hope is it isn't Jarrett. I will be really pissed if it is. I would be really happy if they ended up with Aaron Ross or if I was hoping beyond hope Alan Branch. Many of the draft pundits are saying that Branch is falling due to off the field issues, but He would be an awesome anchor for the middle of that 3-4 and Ferguson isn't getting any younger. I'd like to see them go Branch in the 1st, Marcus McCauley (CB Fresno St) in the 2nd, and try go WR in the 3rd and 4th. If they can't get Branch, then I'd like to see them go with Aaron Ross in the 1st, trade back to end of the 2nd and get Jason Hill in the 2nd and get Manny Ramirez in the 3rd ( it may be a bit of a reach getting Ramirez here, but they can afford it after trading back in the 2nd.)

Thing about taking Quinn is it basically admits they made a mistake in reaching for T Jackson last year (or at least shows a lack of confidence in him before he really got a shot) IMO. :D

If they are thinking Peterson, what does that say/do to Chester? It was only last year they gave him starter money to sign him. Now, if they draft Peterson, how much $ will they have tied up in those 2 RBs? And not knowing much about Peterson, would he be likely to sign with Minnesota knowing Taylor is in place as the starter? :D

I don't look at it that way. They spent two late third round picks to move up and pick Jackson with the 64th pick which is almost a third rounder. I don't think they gave up that much. If they both turn out to be good, we can trade one away for draft picks. Dallas picked two QB's #1 overall back to back in the late 80's. (one was in the supplemental draft, but the used the first overall on Walsh).

I don't look at it that way. They spent two late third round picks to move up and pick Jackson with the 64th pick which is almost a third rounder. I don't think they gave up that much. If they both turn out to be good, we can trade one away for draft picks. Dallas picked two QB's #1 overall back to back in the late 80's. (one was in the supplemental draft, but the used the first overall on Walsh).

You may be right. I guess the thing that would worry me is it would be hard for them both to "turn out to be good" if only one is playing. Say they take Quinn and have an open competition for the starting QB job. Whichever one loses out is left to ride the pine and try to learn from the other's mistakes and/or anything Bollinger can contribute. The addition of Quinn might hinder the development of Jackson or vice versa. It might work, but it might backfire, too. I suppose that is the story of the draft, though. We shall see.

The Chiefs draft Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan if he's available.

...or at least they should...

If we draft Ginn, I'll throw up in my mouth.

...which raises an issue...

Who'd be excited if their team ended up with Ginn?

at 14 the Carolina Panthers select Carriker/Anderson at DE or Olsen at TE

..next.

Please select Olsen.

I want Green Bay to pick the best DT/DB available. Failing that, Marshawn Lynch.

If my team could afford to spend a 1st round pick on a game-breaking RS/probable slot WR, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster.

I think Green Bay has bigger holes to fill, though.

I'm still going with Jarvis Moss for the Steelers.

However, if Jamaal Anderson somehow slid down to #15, I think the Steelers take him. If Carriker is there, he is a possibility.

However, I think Anderson and Carriker are gone, and the Steelers take Jarvis Moss as their next in a long line of solid OLB's (Lloyd, Gildon, Porter, Haggans).......

:D My thoughts almost exactly. In my wildest dreams, Willis falls to #15, but even if he falls I don't think he makes it past Carolina. :D

:D My thoughts almost exactly. In my wildest dreams, Willis falls to #15, but even if he falls I don't think he makes it past Carolina. :D

Yeah, Willis would be a very good pick, but, I think his chances of getting to us are about the same as Anderson's: slim and none.

They might have a choice between Carriker and Moss, but, this is one of these years, where nothing would surprise me, considering that we have a new coach, and no desperation needs. Don't get me wrong, we have needs for depth and development, but, I don't think we are extremely desperate in any one area.

Yeah, Willis would be a very good pick, but, I think his chances of getting to us are about the same as Anderson's: slim and none.

They might have a choice between Carriker and Moss, but, this is one of these years, where nothing would surprise me, considering that we have a new coach, and no desperation needs. Don't get me wrong, we have needs for depth and development, but, I don't think we are extremely desperate in any one area.

Actually I think they may be tempted to take Leon Hall if he's still on the board. I think they'd go Hall before Revis if both are still there(Revis will be). I would not be disappointed if Hall is the pick at 15.

Actually I think they may be tempted to take Leon Hall if he's still on the board. I think they'd go Hall before Revis if both are still there(Revis will be). I would not be disappointed if Hall is the pick at 15.

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't be devastated, but, CB is down on my list of needs. I think that both McFadden & Ike are going to be very good corners. Ike needs to be a bit more consistent, but, the skills are there, and I think McFadden has been very good with the opportunities he was given. However, like I said, with no absolute dire needs, it wouldn't anger me to get another talented CB into the mix, and we need a better 4th, as Colclough is terrible.

If we draft Ginn, I'll throw up in my mouth.

...which raises an issue...

Nobody! :D Lots of talk around these parts that the Titans are hoping Ginn slides down to them at 1.18. As a Titan fan, I do NOT want Ginn. Yes, he could be the WR that we desperately need AND be the returner to replace Thugman Jones. But I have a bad feeling about him. I would rather the Titans take Robert Meacham who is alot bigger, stronger, and nearly as fast as Ginn.

I'd love for Minnesota to trade UP to the 3 spot with Cleveland if Calvin Johnson could somehow make it there, but I doubt he lasts past #2.

I pretty much expect the Vikings to take a DE if they stay at 7 unless Peterson is still on the board. I'd almost bet though that the plan is to trade DOWN, unless Washington beats them to it. If they do trade down a few spots I hope they take their highest rate WR even if a bit of a reach at that point because they'd have obtained value with the trade down. I don't know enough about the receivers but maybe Meachem or Bowe?

I just hope they get a solid player and don't reach if they stay at the 7 spot.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I DO NOT want the Texans to take Alan Branch, so that means he should probably start looking for homes in the Houston area. :D

My wish list is Peterson, CJ (hey I can dream, right), Adams, J Anderson, or Landry.