[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The times of your life

Thews40

Rate the time period  

79 members have voted

1. 1. 13-19

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
  2. 2. 20-29

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 20 yet
  3. 3. 30-39

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 30 yet
  4. 4. 40-49

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 40 yet
  5. 5. 50-59

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 50 yet
  6. 6. 60+

• Awesome - mostly great
    • Good most of the time
    • Not so good at times
    • A bad time in my life
    • Not 60 yet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means he got divorced at the age of 30.

(or else lost his anal virginity then)

:D

I was wondering what the D really meant, obvious now.

Kind of why my teens and 20's weren't classified as great.

I would have voted my current age span (30-39) as "Awesome" but had to go with "Good Most of the Time" due to the number of close relatives I've lost over the past 7 or 8 years. I guess that's what sucks about getting older. Other than that things are great!

We need to get on with what should have been a great thread/poll and just ignore numb nuts.

Though I appreciate the responses.

=====================================

Good poll.... makes one dissect each decade and come up with an overall view of how it was lived.

Ups and downs .... Ups and downs. On the whole I don't think I can complain too much up until two years ago. Till then.... life is life....good and bad.... no real bads..lot of great goods.

Just curious, I thought a while ago, you had talked about making your tour a yearly thing. I still think that thread is the best one ever and am so bummed I missed out on it. Any plans for a future tour ?

By the way, every time I see you talk about your wife or take notice to your sig, I have two thoughts.

1. I feel bad for you losing your wife and hope that you can continue to hang in there the best you can.

2. I hope and pray that my relationship with my wife can be as good as yours obviously was.

O.k. back on point........

I voted awesome for my teenage years, because I really did have an awesome life back then. Very few worries, and lots of accomplishments.

I voted good for my 20's because college was amazing, but, adjusting to the real world and responsibilities have it's ups and downs.

I voted good for my 30's. They started out absolutely awful with my Dad's passing, but, my Son's arrival has turned everything around.

Edited by Menudo

The more responsibility I have taken on, the more difficulties have been associated with that portion of my life. So, my teens were Awesome, my 20s were Very Good, and my 30s have been Some Good and Some Bad.

yup

Just curious, I thought a while ago, you had talked about making your tour a yearly thing. I still think that thread is the best one every and am so bummed I missed out on it. Any plans for a future tour ?

By the way, every time I see you talk about your wife or take notice to your sig, I have two thoughts.

1. I feel bad for you losing your wife and hope that you can continue to hang in there the best you can.

2. I hope and pray that my relationship with my wife can be as good as yours obviously was.

I think his sig has that affect on a lot of Huddler's who know him well. I know it may not be of much solace to Sky, but it's good that he's shared that great relationship with us because it gives us a great example to strive for in our own lives.

My high school/teen years were rubbish. I was a total outsider (by choice). I had an alcoholic single mother and I was the responsible one of the household. Post 20 I made up for all the bullchit and partied my ass off. I'm really supprised I survived my 20's, I put myself in some schetchy situations. Now rolling into my 30's, we'll see. Not such a great start but hopefully I will learn to get past whats irking me and take the reigns (sp?) and steer my life toward where I want it to be. All in all, I wouldnt change much about how my life was lived. The only hell that exists in the afterlife is regret!

Interesting. My teenage and HS years were fantastic. I miss the simplicity of my life back then. Nintendo, summer vacations. Basketball, chores.

+1 - I am one of the few that loved teenage years and HS. Exact same reasons- summer vaca, sports, video games, hanging at the lake all summer, it was all so easy and simple.

I am in the minority, but I enjoyed HS more than college, but it was close.

Enjoying 30's more than 20's only bc the 20's are tough- trying to figure chit out, jobs, reponsibility and ladies.

30's you kind of start to somewhat figure it out better, and you have some dough to do and buy some cool chit.

i think my responses were mostly opposite of the norm. i put "not so good at times" for teen years, then better for 20s, then better still for 30s so far. i mean, don't get me wrong, i had some great f'n times in high school, stuff i'll never forget. i guess i think more in terms of the process of self-actualization, gaining comfort in one's own skin, being more at peace with the world around you, etc.

I voted good for my 30's. They started out absolutely awful with my Dad's passing, but, my Son's arrival has turned everything around.

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason, and this seems like a classic example. The birth of your son and the joy it brought probably helped/is helping you deal with your father's death. All the best to your mini-Menudo, just make sure you raise him a Penguin fan. :D

Oh, and have a pretty serious talk with him when he decides to log onto a forum and choose a username. :D

I'm the opposite of a lot of you guys. For a number of reasons, I really didn't enjoy high-school all that much. (It wasn't terribly horrible, but it wasn't all that much fun.) My twenties were indeed fun. But, so far, my thirties have been the best years of my life. (I keep stockpiling the good memories right now so that I can draw on them when things go bad as they inevitably will.)

Edit to add: Oh crap--I think I might actually be Az's evil-twin.

Edited by wiegie

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason, and this seems like a classic example. The birth of your son and the joy it brought probably helped/is helping you deal with your father's death. All the best to your mini-Menudo, just make sure you raise him a Penguin fan. :D

Oh, and have a pretty serious talk with him when he decides to log onto a forum and choose a username. :doh:

BFF's ? :tup:

Thanks man, I agree with you about the things happening for a reason. I'm convinced I'll never get over my Dad not being here, and I still have trouble dealing with it at times, but, you are right, it would be a million times worse if Aidan weren't here.

It will be funny when some of us regulars have our kids logging on here in the future. :D

during high school i would have said time of my life ... looking back i realize just what a total idiot i was. so my perspective looking back on those years is not all that positive, due to what i didn't understand.

had both of our boys in my 20's which makes that decade one that will be hard to beat ... :D

i'm wrapping up my 30's ... turn 40 in november. our family has had a blast, including the year and a half in san diego, but i can't rate it too high because of the passing of my brother. way too young. and mom battling through breast cancer.

i'm optimistic for the future, but both my parents and jackie's are now starting to have health problems due to age, so i know some tough times are ahead. we pray every day that mom's cancer stays the hell away and jackie's dad is now having short seizures which is not good.

40s will by my last decade to spend each day with the kids and i'm going to treasure each day.

I'm wondering who the one, old, miserable geezer was that completed the poll? :D

I'm the miserable geezer. Do you have anything else to add?

This was obviously an ill-timed joke as I honestly had no idea that Sky lost someone. I apologize to Sky and anyone else offended as I was not up to date on his current situation and honestly just looked at the poll results and noticed only one person at the time past 60 had voted and it wasn't positive. Hell for all I knew the person who voted meant it as a joke. I'm sorry for insulting you Sky at this terrible time and am sorry for your loss.

me too :tup:

Irish, I have stuck up for you in the past, but this is just ridiculous. You keep saying that you want to fit in around here, yet you obviously haven't paid any attention to what is going on with the other members around here (at least I hope that is the case or else your post is even worse than it appears at first blush). I now honestly think that it just might be better for you to move on to a different forum. I'm sorry.

My fault, I looked at this poll and just responded. I really meant no harm and had no idea I was offending anyone. Even after I read some of the other posts I kept looking for something in this thread that mentioned Sky's loss and only then realized that there had to be another topic started that I missed. I was so confused at first thinking to myself what the hell is going on, Thews started the thread and I didn't even see a response in here from Sky or anything to do with his loss and yet I somehow offended him. :D

It certainly wasn't meant as some/most of you thought it might have been intended. NEVER!! I might have done some stupid sh1t on here but this would be taking it to a level probably never seen on these boards and shouldn't be.

There's nothing else I can say other than I apologize for my own stupidity and what represented itself as insensitivity. :doh:

There's nothing else I can say other than I apologize for my own stupidity and what represented itself as insensitivity. :D

Lots of ways to F up in life, and the only way out is to admit it... sounds sincere to me.

Even if it was difficult or bad, it's all good for Big Jim in the long run as sheet has a way of evening other sheet out through the years. That and the fact that I woke up this morning and am upright and breathing at the present moment :D