[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Moore is a reprehensible person

Chavez

Pays medical insurance for one of his harshest critics

For several years now, Jim Kenefick has been railing against the Oscar-winning director on Moorewatch.com. Recently, Kenefick wrote about the difficulty he was having paying his wife's medical bills. Fellow conservatives guided him toward a cheaper health insurer, but Kenefick said he still had trouble making payments.

"Someone e-mailed me and asked if an 'anonymous' benefactor could offer to pay my first year's premiums - $12,000," Kenefick wrote on his site.

He was skeptical when the check arrived. "I opened a whole new account at my bank, waited for it to clear, checked twice with bank personnel to make sure it wasn't a scam, and waited a full 60 days before spending the money. At that time, I started drawing on it and paying the monthly premiums until it was gone."

We can now confirm to Kenefick that his secret benefactor is none other than the dreaded, detestable, loathsome Michael Moore.

Kenefick admitted the $12,000 "was like manna from heaven at that time. ... My business was almost dead, my wife was very, very ill, and I was racking up a few little health problems of my own. That money made it possible for us to begin to turn our lives around."

Having suspected Moore might be his secret patron, he contends that his bete noir made the gift just to publicize "Sicko," which takes aim at America's health-care system and, we've heard, touches upon Moore's covert generosity.

"I knew he was using me," said Kenefick. "Moore is going to try to make me into one of his little puppets."

Kenefick wants it known that "I'm not an idiot. I know when to say yes to something, even if the string attached is obvious. What kind of moron turns down a free 12 grand?"

If Moore tries to milk this for anything, somebody should kick his fat ass.

But Kenefick should shut the f*ck up or return the money.

Just the fact that it's now public knowledge ruins whatever altruistic inclination that Moore may have had.

Guess it's not anonymous anymore. Too bad. I wonder who went public with the identity of the donor?

That's what I was thinking. Worst anonymous donation ever.

It's not really philanthropic if it's a ruse designed to undermine your core beliefs.

Please, Moore is hardly the first Ideologue to use someone else's misfortune for his own gain or to make a point. It happens a great deal on both sides of the great divide, and trust me, those of us down here at the bottom of the great divide are rarely swayed by the argument "those people are really bad when they do something, because they are wrong, but it is ok when these people do it, because they are right.

Why the hell is Kenefick whining about his misfortune in his blog. I have been through some pretty hard time myself, but I rarely whine to my customers about it. Anyway, doesn't whining about your problems and looking for a handout belong on the other side of the divide?

If Moore wants to send me 12K, he can say whatever he wants to about me. Trust me, I have felt pretty screwed by both sides, but I have never been paid for it, and anyone that gives a rat's @$$ what Moore thinks or says is an idiot.

Finally, since it was such a reprehensible thing to do, Kenefick is going to give it back, right? I find it very humorous that he "suspected Moore might be his secret patron", but doesn't get around to writing about it until the money is gone.

Edited by rbmcdonald

I applaud this move but if the leak was from Moore's camp,

Shame shame shame hey shame on you

If you can't dance too

I say shame shame shame

Shame shame shame

Shame shame on you

If you can't dance too

Please, Moore is hardly the first Ideologue to use someone else's misfortune for his own gain or to make a point. It happens a great deal on both sides of the great divide, and trust me, those of us down here at the bottom of the great divide are rarely swayed by the argument "those people are really bad when they do something, because they are wrong, but it is ok when these people do it, because they are right.

Why the hell is Kenefick whining about his misfortune in his blog. I have been through some pretty hard time myself, but I rarely whine to my customers about it. Anyway, doesn't whining about your problems and looking for a handout belong on the other side of the divide?

If Moore wants to send me 12K, he can say whatever he wants to about me. Trust me, I have felt pretty screwed by both sides, but I have never been paid for it, and anyone that gives a rat's @$$ what Moore thinks or says is an idiot.

Finally, since it was such a reprehensible thing to do, Kenefick is going to give it back, right? I find it very humorous that he "suspected Moore might be his secret patron", but doesn't get around to writing about it until the money is gone.

I find it interesting what you have been doing with your fonts lately.

That's what I was thinking. Worst anonymous donation ever.

It's not really philanthropic if it's a ruse designed to undermine your core beliefs.

Doesn't seem like Kenefick's core beliefs were harmed.

First off, I think Moore is a ham-fisted schmuck that I only tolerate because he brings to light many points that I agree with.

I do, however, think his style is divisive and less effective than it could be (perhaps the biggest understatement I've ever made).

That said, I wouldn't have a huge problem with him doing this even if he held a news conference when he gave the jack. Moore's critics have shown him no mercy in their attacks and would likely relish the thought of seeing him fail to the point of being broke. So boo hoo, it looks like one of his harshest critics is out of money himself. It just so happens that he's broke and can't afford his doctor's bills. It also just so happens that this is precisely what Moore's latest movie covers.

Once again, his critics hardly engage him in "honorable debate". To the contrary, they typically say he's a bad American who should leave this country in shame, etc. What a convenient way to show them up. Give them a gift they can't afford to refuse that just happens to hype your next movie. All is fair in war they say.

Edited by detlef

First off, I think Moore is a ham-fisted schmuck that I only tolerate because he brings to light many points that I agree with.

I do, however, think his style is divisive and less effective than it could be (perhaps the biggest understatement I've ever made).

That said, I wouldn't have a huge problem with him doing this even if he held a news conference when he gave the jack. Moore's critics have shown him no mercy in their attacks and would likely relish the thought of seeing him fail to the point of being broke. So boo hoo, it looks like one of his harshest critics is out of money himself. It just so happens that he's broke and can't afford his doctor's bills. It also just so happens that this is precisely what Moore's latest movie covers.

Once again, his critics hardly engage him in "honorable debate". To the contrary, they typically say he's a bad American who should leave this country in shame, etc. What a convenient way to show them up. Give them a gift they can't afford to refuse that just happens to hype your next movie. All is fair in war they say.

Exactly.

His movie was addressing exactly what one of his harshest critics was going through. What would this momo have done had the movie come out and he and his wife were getting sicker and sicker, unable to afford any decent medical attention? Would they have still continued to spout off about how bad Moore is? That would be a brilliant way to demonstrate the brainwashing of the right. Dudes wife is dying in bed (at home cause she aint got insurance) and this guy is on the internet talking about how Moore is the antichrist for pointing out the flaws in our medical system that are killing his wife.

Even if this donation was in some way to promote his movie he's a bigger man that I (no pun intended). I woulda let them suffer and used that as publicity.

What a hoot that none of Moore's rich conservative opponents jumped in with the $12k. :D

Sure, it's a cheap $12k compared to the publicity generated but Moore has won this one by a KO. BTW, the health system IS completely broken as well as being hopelessly corrupt.

the health system IS completely broken as well as being hopelessly corrupt.

:D

yeah, I bet its the most corrupt in the world huh?

Why don't you foking just leave you asstardfokhead? If this place is so awful then just get the fok out.

Why don't you foking just leave you asstardfokhead? If this place is so awful then just get the fok out.

Having a bad day H8tank?

When neo-con momo bloggists can't afford proper health care for their families, the terrorists have won.