[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many can you get right

BigMikeinNY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20, but a couple are debatable. I have Venetian blinds with cords the opposite of what it says. On the fan question, I was thinking from the perspective of the fan, not facing it, and said counter-clockwise. Also got the radio, VHF, and Campbell's questions wrong. Guessed 87 for radio, substituted gray for blue, and didn't think about no channel 1 on VHF. :D Should have had about 23 correct, although a couple that I got right I was only about 75% sure about. :D

Because "A Horse with No Name" is both simplistic and inane, and contributes very little to the 60s pop genre.

Could the fact that it contributes little to the 60s pop culture be that the song came out in 1972? :D

Could the fact that it contributes little to the 60s pop culture be that the song came out in 1972? :D

People shaped by the 60's say it was the decade of "free love"

People shaped by the 80's are called the "me" generation.

Then you have people like me who where shaped by the 70's, the decade of bad taste

Oh sure... it was recorded and popularized in the early 70s... but they had been playing it live for years.

And shut up! :D

Did I misread the question about water going down the drain? In the northern hemisphere, water goes down the drain in a counter-clockwise fashion due to the Corolis Effect, but it seems the quiz says water goes down the drain clockwise. Did I misread something?

Did I misread the question about water going down the drain? In the northern hemisphere, water goes down the drain in a counter-clockwise fashion due to the Corolis Effect, but it seems the quiz says water goes down the drain clockwise. Did I misread something?

That is what it said.

+1 I always thought it was counter-clockwise in the NH myself. That's also one of the 4 I got wrong. Is it really wrong? :D

I have to admit though that I lucked out on a couple. But some I used educated guesses, like the match one for instance. I never counted or knew how many matches were in a book, but I surmised that 20 cigarettes in a pack = 20 matches in a book. I knew the woman's shirt question because of a blunder. I bought a half button down Superbowl XXXIX polo shirt once and brought it home only to find that the buttons were backwards. My SO said, "thank you very much". :D

I knew the woman's shirt question because of a blunder. I bought a half button down Superbowl XXXIX polo shirt once and brought it home only to find that the buttons were backwards. My SO said, "thank you very much". :D

At first glance I thought the XXXIX refered to the shirt size and I was wondering exactly how big your SO was. :D

wurd

edit: Now get your ass to bed as you need to leave by 8:30 or so :D

My alarm is set and my clothes are ironed. (I think my shirt and pants clash, so I expect Furd will mock me, but it is a chance that I have to take.)

Need to check the Campell's soup can.

FM stations start at 87.5, so I said 87, but they said 88.

Missed the women's dress buttons one.

I have seen cords on opposite sides on different Ventian blinds, so I made the wrong guess.

18, and I missed the same ones except switch the VHF channels one with the women's buttons. (I have undresseda woman before.) And another 1 or 2 that I can't remember now. But I don't feel stupid.

If 7 is the average, there are a lot of stupid people....