[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL bans alcohol for team functions

Link

"Effective immediately," it reads, "clubs are prohibited from providing alcoholic beverages, including beer, in any club setting, including in locker rooms, practice or office facilities, or while traveling, including on team buses or flights.

"This prohibition extends not only to players, but to all team personnel, as well as to other guests traveling with the team or who have access to club facilities."

Link

"Effective immediately," it reads, "clubs are prohibited from providing alcoholic beverages, including beer, in any club setting, including in locker rooms, practice or office facilities, or while traveling, including on team buses or flights.

"This prohibition extends not only to players, but to all team personnel, as well as to other guests traveling with the team or who have access to club facilities."

This Bud's for You. :D

Link

:D ...... or else what?

+1

Thanks, Josh Hancock's dad.

At least now my shattered dream of never being a pro athlete has an upside - I can drink whenever I want! :D

Actually, I really fail to see what the problem is. How many employers provide beer to their employees in the work environment (although we do every Friday once the weather gets nice - enough for each employee to have 1 or 2 beers on Friday afternoon)? If someone really wants to have a beer, either BYOB (I didn't see where that was banned) or stop at the local bar for a couple before heading home.

Actually, I really fail to see what the problem is. How many employers provide beer to their employees in the work environment (although we do every Friday once the weather gets nice - enough for each employee to have 1 or 2 beers on Friday afternoon)? If someone really wants to have a beer, either BYOB (I didn't see where that was banned) or stop at the local bar for a couple before heading home.

Sorry BB, but I'm going to have to call you out on this one.

You ask 'How many employers provide beer to their employees in the work environment', and then explain that your employer does. I guess the answer to your question is 'at least one'.

ps.

Mine does too (That's at least 2)

Sorry BB, but I'm going to have to call you out on this one.

You ask 'How many employers provide beer to their employees in the work environment', and then explain that your employer does. I guess the answer to your question is 'at least one'.

ps.

Mine does too (That's at least 2)

No, I'm the employer, and I offer it to employees.

And kudos to your employer as well, but I think we're few & far between.

I know of several private law firms that still allow alcohol on the premises. Most other businesses seem to have gotten rid of the accomodation even to the extent of having dry christmas parties or at least having the gathering off premises at a licensed establishment and having the establishmnets servers be responsible for distribution.

The firms I know that allow this are usually small, with a handful of partners and a few long standing associates. Usually it is a friday afternoon in the summer sort of thing and quite limited. Often it involves a pop or two before a designated driver takes the participants to a golf course.

We enjoy beer cart Friday at work not all the time, but approximately every 2 to 3 weeks or so. Nobody gets out of hand and it's a nice way to wrap up the week (especially on those hot Summer afternoons).

Let the "law" protect us from ourselves.

er yeah - that is after all the main point of HAVING laws and gov'ts in the first place.

Gee, I would hate for anyone to have to be responsible for themselves. :D
In this day and age? And w/NFL players of all people? lol. Obviously there are more than a few who aren't capable. Something along these lines was long overdue.

PS I think a few of you might have missed the intent. Don't think it's a question of who "provides" it, I think they are saying you can't have it, period. ie "BYOB" won't cut it either.

Anyway this the spirit/intent of this IMO makes sense (unfortunately) tho I think saying "any team function" may be going too far - but if the commish really wanted to save lives/etc, he should have banned booze at games ie for the fans. I wonder how many people were hurt or killed because some moron drank too much at a game and then drove home? Not to mention how it often brings out the worst (more obnoxious etc) in people during the games...

It does suck that something like this is needed, but it is.

Edited by BeeR

Yeah, because evereyone would live forever if they just legislated death out of existence.

While we're headed back to Prohibition, why don't we just outlaw tires on cars, since car accidents kill so many people. That way we'd be sure to stop people who use cars irresponsibly. After all, who gives a crap about the people who use cars responsibly, as long we it saves even one life...

er yeah - that is after all the main point of HAVING laws and gov'ts in the first place.

In this day and age? And w/NFL players of all people? lol. Obviously there are more than a few who aren't capable. Something along these lines was long overdue.

PS I think a few of you might have missed the intent. Don't think it's a question of who "provides" it, I think they are saying you can't have it, period. ie "BYOB" won't cut it either.

Anyway this the spirit/intent of this IMO makes sense (unfortunately) tho I think saying "any team function" may be going too far - but if the commish really wanted to save lives/etc, he should have banned booze at games ie for the fans. I wonder how many people were hurt or killed because some moron drank too much at a game and then drove home? Not to mention how it often brings out the worst (more obnoxious etc) in people during the games...

Wrong! The law is basically to protect us from each other. :D I always love the stories about the guy who gets in a car wreck and then sues the bar/bartender. :D Be reponsible for yourself and your own actions.

No way in hell I'd provide Alcohol on the business premises. The liabilities associated with an employee driving home with a .08 and hitting somebody have to be ridiculous.

Bad idea, I think. Ask your insurance agent what they think or your corporate counsel, if they're sober.

No way in hell I'd provide Alcohol on the business premises. The liabilities associated with an employee driving home with a .08 and hitting somebody have to be ridiculous.

Bad idea, I think. Ask your insurance agent what they think or your corporate counsel, if they're sober.

Completely agree. Good morale booster but lousy business model.