[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darrel Jackson

bushwacked

:D

Receiver Darrell Jackson, acquired this offseason in a trade with the Seahawks, is doing what the 49ers' athletic trainers tell him. Jackson has not practiced running routes with the 49ers this offseason because he is on the trainers' timetable.

But his absence from drills is not entirely just a precaution. His hyper-extended left big toe (aka turf toe) does not seem to be anywhere near 100 percent.

I can almost guarantee that someone will draft him higher than what I will value him in most of my drafts this year.

Kind of what I'm thinking. Djax is a nice WR, but I always thought his FF value was enhanced through great chemistry with Hasselbeck as they became solid players at the same points in their career. Now he is with Alex Smith and it seems pretty apparent they aren't developing any kind of famaliarity with each other (yet). The injury concerns are obvious, but there is a chance a healthy Djax might fall well short of the numbers owners have been accustomed to.

He's a boom/bust player. If he can stay healthy, he will really help the 9ers.

major bust IMO- Darrell will get healthy, and if he plays, he is a stud.............

but let's get real- he has Alex Smith throwing him the rock, and they are gonna pound Gore. I won't be anywhere near him.

major bust IMO- Darrell will get healthy, and if he plays, he is a stud.............

but let's get real- he has Alex Smith throwing him the rock, and they are gonna pound Gore. I won't be anywhere near him.

Hope they don't play him to quick. Think he's got the talent to still be a #1.

The real question, however, is if he does NOT help the 9ers, which WR steps up?

I like Brandon Williams' opportunity.

While WIS RBs don't pan out, WIS WRs seem to have their skill sets transfer nicely to the bigs a bit. Williams is one of those guys who is fast as hell & manages to get himself open, and he'll fight for the ball in a crowd. He reminds me of a Steve Smith (CAR version) - the size, the athleticism, the desire, and the attitude. Please note - I did NOT say he'll put up a Steve Smith-like performance. But he does remind me of Smith. And coaches in SF say he's really stepped up his game & is getting it. It took Smith a couple of years...

We'll see.

Might that explain why the Niners got him for next to nothing? :D

No, it was more the fact that the Draft this year was loaded with WR's. Only a couple teams were interested in him, and Seattle was gonna cut him so they took the best offer on the table without much negotiation. Seattle is loaded with WR's, and with his injuries the last few years DJax was expendable. Not to mention, they could spend the money elsewhere.

Have we signed somebody recently?? What'd I miss?? Last I heard we had Deion Branch at #1 with a bunch of nobodys behind him.

I bet youre not saying that about Hackett at the end of the year. I cvant believe you doubt your own team like that.

Have we signed somebody recently?? What'd I miss?? Last I heard we had Deion Branch at #1 with a bunch of nobodys behind him.

You're as pathetic as the oversized font pimping a taxpayer bailout of oil money pigs who give no Sega!z about "your" Sonics. Ask Jack Sikma. Ask Detlef Schrempf.

D.J. Hackett, Bobby Engram, and Ben Obomanu will force me to reference this post all season long.

I LOVE DJ Hackett. Love. Bobby Engram is a nice player. Still, you can't say Seattle is "loaded" at WR and keep a straight face. Ben Obomanu? Get real. Nate Burleson. There's the savior!! Nate Burleson=loaded at receiver.

You're as pathetic as the oversized font pimping a taxpayer bailout of oil money pigs who give no Sega!z about "your" Sonics. Ask Jack Sikma. Ask Detlef Schrempf.

D.J. Hackett, Bobby Engram, and Ben Obomanu will force me to reference this post all season long.

Detleft Schrempf! :D

LOVE HIM

I LOVE DJ Hackett. Love. Bobby Engram is a nice player. Still, you can't say Seattle is "loaded" at WR and keep a straight face. Ben Obomanu? Get real. Nate Burleson. There's the savior!! Nate Burleson=loaded at receiver.

I'm not sure that they fall into the definition of "loaded", but a team sporting Branch, Hackett, Engram, and Burleson is at least "solid" at WR.

I am as real as a metaphorical slap to your face.

Here's a prediction: Ben Obomanu will have more catches than Nate Burleson in 2007.

I think this is just his off-season rigmarole. He did this last season if you remember. He's on my dynasty squad. All last off-season there were the "knee concerns". Turned out there were no concerns and he just didn't want to be in the off-season workouts. I think this is more of the same. I think he'll come out balling as if nothing is wrong.

He is a great WR when he wants to be. He has the talent and ability to be a top 5 guy. But I am beginning to tire of his off-season shenanigans. I am going to try to move him. I have he and Randy. I don't want two headaches on my roster. One is enough...

I am as real as a metaphorical slap to your face.

Here's a prediction: Ben Obomanu will have more catches than Nate Burleson in 2007.

So you're going way out on a limb and saying Obomanu will catch 7 balls this year?

I'm just posting because someone said Detlef Schrempf.

I picked DJax in an early draft this year, but only because I slept on that toe injury. Jackson is a monster and I still believe in him. I wouldn't reach for him again, but as a #4WR who drops because of these reports.. hmmm....

I wouldn't reach for him again, but as a #4WR who drops because of these reports.. hmmm....

What exactly do you mean by a #4WR? :D

As I stated earlier in this thread, although injuries are a concern, no one can convince this Seattle homer and Djax dynasty owner, that his numbers weren't substantially effected by 5-6 years of WCO familiarity and repitition with Matt Hasselbeck. I think Alex Smith might hurt Djax's value more than his toe.