[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep 2 of 4 WR...

goose228

Williams is the easy one IMO.

I've shared my gut feel on Evans, so I rule him out with those other options.

I'm interested to see how Colston does now thatteams have a season's worth of film on him and Horn isn't there to draw defenders.

Moss has the home run ability and could be a top WR again, but Brady and NE do spread the ball a lot.. or at least they used to.

How soon must you make a decision?

Safe road IMO is Williams and Colston, swing for fences route is Williams and Moss.

I honestly think I'd take Moss out of the equation first and the choice would be between Williams, Colston and Evans. Williams to me is the only for sure lock and the other two are a coin toss.

Last season Colston had a great year coming out of nowhere with 70 rec. 1,038 yards and 8 Tds in 14 games. Evans played a full 126 and had 82 rec. 1,292 yards and 8 Tds. If you took Colston's numbers and stretched them out over 16 games last year he has 80 rec. 1,186 yards and 9 Tds. So in my league Colston would have finished with 243.6 pts. which is 15.23 points per game. Evans had 251.2 pts. on the year and that is 15.7 points per game. So they differed by a half point per week.

Which goes back to my saying that they are a coin toss. Now look at their teams, the Saints have a better QB and better running game which helps keep pressure and constant double teams off Colston however there is only one ball and you better believe Bush, Deuce and Co are going to get theirs where as Evans is one of the only true weapons on the Bills. Again alot of coverage will be rolled his way but he will also be the centerpiece of the offense.

I think I keep Williams and roll the dice with Evans but can certainly understand if you kept Colston over Evans.

Safe road IMO is Williams and Colston, swing for fences route is Williams and Moss.

I would agree with this. I do think Moss will rebound in NE but then again, you are in a PPR league and Colston has a much better chance at the most receptions over Moss. And Colston is safer to be sure. Moss will rebound but WR are so hard to forecast that I would play it safe. Besides, Colston is much younger than Moss too and you are in a keeper league.

I think the only rational answer is Williams & Colston. Both guys are the #1 WR in passing Os that will put up big numbers. Moss fits that description also, but there are always concerns about his petulant attitude and that NE spreads the ball around so much. People counter that Brady has never had a WR like Moss before, but I don't think NE is going to change its M.O. of finding the best matchup advantage to exploit just to force the ball to Moss.

If you really want to swing for the fences, go with Williams & Evans. Colston could go through a sophomore slump as defenses game plan to minimize his impact. Evans is also an unquestioned #1 WR whose QB showed marked improvement in the second half of the year last year, and BUF ought to be throwing the ball a lot.

If you really want to swing for the fences, go with Williams & Evans. Colston could go through a sophomore slump as defenses game plan to minimize his impact. Evans is also an unquestioned #1 WR whose QB showed marked improvement in the second half of the year last year, and BUF ought to be throwing the ball a lot.

+1

I really have my doubts about Colston this year, and many 'experts" feel he is worthy of a "bust" status (based on where he will likely be selected in drafts).

Colston snuck-up on many teams last year, and was the benficiary of being a #2 WR to Horn's #1 status. Plus, he played for a team that few thought would be as good as it was. The Saints will play a division-winner schedule, Colston will be a marked-man by DBs accross the league, and, most importantly, he faded down the stretch last year as teams finally began to gameplan for him. I actually almost like Devery Henderson as much as Colston this year, as it will be Henderson that will be getting the single-coverage in most instances.

That being said, with the Saints being able to put both Deuce and Reggie in the backfield in certain formations, Colston may occasionally get those single-coverage looks. He is fortunate that his RBs provide him some relief in that regard.

Still, he is a crapshoot after over-exceeding last year.

I'd go Williams (no-brainer) and Evans (who has not disappointed owners despite his lethargic offense).

Evans seems to me as the safe pick IMO. You've got an up and coming QB with one target outside of Marshawn Lynch.

Stanton should take the reigns next year in DET which should hinder projections next year thus lowering Williams' value.

Just go look at the pace that Colston was on last year.

Evans and Colston.

I did it again. :D

You have a very interesting situation for me to comment on, as I had three of the same WR's on my dynasty squad coming into the offseason.

I had Colston, Evans, & Moss, but I have Steve Smith instead of Williams.

I chose to make a trade immediately after the news of Moss going to NE and I was able to land a draft pick in 2008, a 2nd rounder. I felt that his attitude, health concerns, and the NE tendencies to spread the ball, were enough to outweigh the potential blockbuster hook-up of Brady to Moss. Brady will arguably the most polished QB Moss has ever had. All be it, Culpepper had MVP numbers just as recently as 2005.

Thus, I think your decision is between Colston and Evans. I have had Evans that past two years in a couple of leagues, and subsequently have watched him very closely over that time. Evans is going to finish in the top 12 WR's IMO and I expect Colston to finish in the same area, if not a couple spots higher.

The difference is HOW they score each week. Evans has A LOT of weeks were he'll only catch 2-3 balls and put up 70-85 yards. In a PPR league that's 9 to 11.5 points a week. He'll then have those weeks with 8 catches for 150 yards and 3 TDs. Colston on the other hand, seemed to be more steady with 5-6 catches for the same 85 yards, however he would be more likely to catch 1 TD in 10 different games.

I guess that's the dilemma, do you want the 2-3 weeks a season where Evans will explode and probably win you that game all by himself or would you rather having Colston put up the same end of year points, but spread out more evenly over the entire season.

I vote for Colston.

Good luck!

The difference is HOW they score each week. Evans has A LOT of weeks were he'll only catch 2-3 balls and put up 70-85 yards. In a PPR league that's 9 to 11.5 points a week. He'll then have those weeks with 8 catches for 150 yards and 3 TDs. Colston on the other hand, seemed to be more steady with 5-6 catches for the same 85 yards, however he would be more likely to catch 1 TD in 10 different games.

I vote for Colston.

I am guessing you beleive Colston will duplicate his phenomenal freshman campaign? Even though his numbers fell off dramatically last year as the season wore on? Even though Colston has to assume the #1 WR role, whereas last year, many of his big games came when Horn was drawing the cover-corner, and Colston had more room to roam? Even though the Saints will sneak up on no one this year, whereas last year they had all the stars aligned?

Evans has put up Top 12 stats for multiple years, all the while with having to live thru the growing pains of an immature QB...with opposing teams knowing he was the only real weapon at wideout, and thus drawing double-coverage more often than not.

I look at your argument this way: you yourself say they will put up the same stats. And that is if Colston can duplicate his first year. Evans has proven he can put up solid numbers regardless.

Colston carries no upside over Evans...if Colston performs like most think he will, his numbers will mirror Evans, but he definitely carries more downside, should any of those factors I mention above come into play.

williams, no hesitation on that one

off the top of my head i'd say colston as the 2nd, for many of the reasons listed above, but as you've got a little while to decide keep an eye on what the bills are doing about roscoe parish this preseason...he's got talent, but is stuck at splitting time as the no.3 at the moment. if they can work him into their game plan enough to take a bit of heat off evans, i'd ditch colston. the bills defense is not what it's been, and they are going to have to throw a lot. if evens gets a little help he can put up big numbers...

Williams and Evans would be who I'd keep and is the safe option IMO.

I'd keep Williams/Moss if I had more guts.

No way would I keep Colston. I think his stats fall off this year. He's the #1 receiver this year without a decent #2.

Williams is the easy one IMO.

I've shared my gut feel on Evans, so I rule him out with those other options.

I'm interested to see how Colston does now thatteams have a season's worth of film on him and Horn isn't there to draw defenders.

Moss has the home run ability and could be a top WR again, but Brady and NE do spread the ball a lot.. or at least they used to.

How soon must you make a decision?

Be very careful with the bolded thinking. Horn was a non-factor for most of last season. It was Bush and McCalister as well as Brees ability to spread the ball around that allowed Colston to go off the way he did. I think early in the season teams will key on Colston. Once they see themselves getting torched from every angle I think it will open up for him BIG TIME!

Edit to add; Apparently bolding doesnt work the way it used to. Was trying to point out the "Horn isnt there to draw defenders" statement.

Edited by tbimm

No way would I keep Colston. I think his stats fall off this year. He's the #1 receiver this year without a decent #2.

Actually, Devery Henderson is a very decent #2, and I beleive one which will make many FF owners glad they drafted him as a #3 WR...he'll put up WR2 stats.

I didn't mean to sound down on Colston...I really like him, and there is every chance he could duplicate or even improve on his 2006 numbers, given WR # 1 status. I just think he ovbiously carries some risk.

With Evans, you'll likely get the same type of production, without a speckle of the risk...Evans has already proven he can put up stats as the #1 WR, and has done so on some pretty anmeic offensive teams. With Buffalo expected to improve on last year's finish, Evans could be in store for a year above his past averages.

I have no reason to think that Evans won't at least dupliate his past performance....with Colston, I do. I like Colston, but I like Evans a tad more for those reasons.

I am guessing you beleive Colston will duplicate his phenomenal freshman campaign? Even though his numbers fell off dramatically last year as the season wore on? Even though Colston has to assume the #1 WR role, whereas last year, many of his big games came when Horn was drawing the cover-corner, and Colston had more room to roam? Even though the Saints will sneak up on no one this year, whereas last year they had all the stars aligned?

Evans has put up Top 12 stats for multiple years, all the while with having to live thru the growing pains of an immature QB...with opposing teams knowing he was the only real weapon at wideout, and thus drawing double-coverage more often than not.

I look at your argument this way: you yourself say they will put up the same stats. And that is if Colston can duplicate his first year. Evans has proven he can put up solid numbers regardless.

Colston carries no upside over Evans...if Colston performs like most think he will, his numbers will mirror Evans, but he definitely carries more downside, should any of those factors I mention above come into play.

Dang Swammi, that's some good arguing!!!!!

I guess I do buy into the Saints offense pretty heavily. I think they have a great RB duo, arguably the best in the league. I guess I also saw Devery Henderson step onto the field last year in Horn's place about 4-5 times and see both him and Colston put up some big numbers. In some cases, in the same game.

Maybe I'm just Buffalo biased that they're not the offensive juggernaut that they could be with a maturing Losman, a rookie beast (I hope) in Lynch, and possible better #2 WR in Roscoe Parrish.

I guess I'm more on the fence about Evans, than I originally realized.

Damn these decisions are tough!!!!

I would agree with this. I do think Moss will rebound in NE but then again, you are in a PPR league and Colston has a much better chance at the most receptions over Moss. And Colston is safer to be sure. Moss will rebound but WR are so hard to forecast that I would play it safe. Besides, Colston is much younger than Moss too and you are in a keeper league.

exactly...I was about to add the factor of going younger in a keeper..

even though I like Randy alot this year...regardless if they spread the ball alot in NE..

also...Colston wasn't the same after he was hurt and it clearly lingered the rest of the way...

I believe he may have some "sophmore" problems...but I can't base it off what I saw last year...

I just think him having a 1st place schedule may give him some fits...but I don't know who they play in the AFC...