[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest Holmes

Shotgun Messiahs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now 610 Sports is saying Priest has been cleared to play and will definitely report to training camp. Priest has informed Carl Peterson that he will begin practicing with the team.

SportsLine has picked it up as well...nothing yet on ESPN. Mort either got out-scooped or will drop the bombshell that this story simply is not true.

The Chiefs will implode.

LJ will hold out (and Dwayne Bowe may too, his agent has said that he won't be signing until Brady Quinn signs and that's looking like a hold-out).

Holmes will be a shadow of his former self and will get hurt.

Michael Bennett isn't the answer.

Brodie Croyle will be taking snaps behind an OL that is a shell of it's former self.

KC = 6 wins, tops...last place in the AFC West.

Just remember when LJ holds out and Priest gets hurt, that you'll have a steal in picking up Michael Bennett in the last round of your fantasy drafts. 2,000 yards and 3 TDs - total. :D

Bennett would look much better in a Vikings uniform. :D

Um...no.

Um...yeah. As of right now it does. Do you know if LJ will hold out into the season, if Priest can play, if LJ will be traded and where, who will play at RB for the Chiefs and if it will be a RBBC? No I didn't think so. LJ is a Top tier RB and all these unknowns make him very risky so where does he get drafted? 3,4,5 or does he begin to fall in some leagues?

Um...yeah. As of right now it does. Do you know if LJ will hold out into the season, if Priest can play, if LJ will be traded and where, who will play at RB for the Chiefs and if it will be a RBBC? No I didn't think so. LJ is a Top tier RB and all these unknowns make him very risky so where does he get drafted? 3,4,5 or does he begin to fall in some leagues?

As of right now, I woudl be very comfortable still drafting LJ in the top 5.

It will be interesting to see how he does in preseason...

Has he been conditioning in the offseason?

KC Star writer Jason Whitlock is calling Priest "Pawn Holmes" lol. According to him he feels all this is a negotiating tool. His personal trainer in San Antonio claims Priest hasn't even been working out. :D Here is the KC Aritcle on Priest

Tx for the insight. You are welcome any time in my leagues. Please join us.

Ah no thanks, I don't play in newb leagues. :D

KC Star writer Jason Whitlock is calling Priest "Pawn Holmes" lol. According to him he feels all this is a negotiating tool. His personal trainer in San Antonio claims Priest hasn't even been working out. :D Here is the KC Aritcle on Priest

Whitlock has been beating the drum for LJ to get paid all along, almost like he's his agent, and he's taking a lot of crap for it here locally.

Whitlock has been beating the drum for LJ to get paid all along, almost like he's his agent, and he's taking a lot of crap for it here locally.

This is just the first few :D

What's in it for Holmes? None of these arguments make any sense unless you accept that he just wants to play football again. He was amazing! Next to Lenny Dawson, Priest is my all time favorite Chiefs player. I don't care about all the other crap, I'm just glad he's back!

Posted by: Rolando

7/26/2007 1:08 PM

2284.95 Report as Violation

No rating

Time to get over Priest, huh. Way to backpedal big man!!

Posted by: VUZ

7/26/2007 1:07 PM

2284.96 Report as Violation

No rating

Does Whitlock ever do any actual investigative reporting. He makes conclusions based on what?? At least he hasn't started the bring back Jeff George campain yet!

Posted by: JW

7/26/2007 12:51 PM

2284.97 Report as Violation

No rating

so, you think Holmes and 'King Carl' are in cahoots, Jason? Priest had a serious neck injury and he'll risk playing again to save Carl some money? Good thinking. Well thought out. Since you were right about the Chiefs signing Ty Law....oh, wait.

Posted by: Doc Jock

7/26/2007 12:56 PM

2284.98 Report as Violation

No rating

Maybe you are right and this is nothing more than a ploy to get a guy "with a contract" to go to camp. If, it works then good for Carl and the Chiefs. If, it doesn't, then I guess it won't really matter. I mean we still haven't signed our first round receiver and who knows what is in the mind of a 5th round rookie kicker. I like to think that everything happens for a reason and I tend to agree with you, but WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!

Posted by: Carson City KC fan

7/26/2007 1:22 PM

2284.99 Report as Violation

No rating

Hey Jason,

You actually wrote an article without mentioning Al Sharpton. What's wrong? Is Al not a Chiefs fan?

If he were you would have found a way to ccriticize that too. You and your made up stories need to go!

Posted by: DC from OC

Hey simpleton. I have been in leagues since the early 90s. How about you? If you want to downgrade a stud based on a cripple that has not played in two years, you are always welcome. Note to self...stop debating Irish. Waste of cells.

No reason for name calling there kiddo. Just busting your chops a little and you gotta go all simpleton on me. You might need a 5 minute time out to regain your composure.

Oh yeah, I've been playing FF since 1990. :D

I've been playing FF since '89.

So there.

And that one year wouldn't help you if we were in a league together as I'd still whoop your azz!!! :D:D

No reason for name calling there kiddo. Just busting your chops a little and you gotta go all simpleton on me. You might need a 5 minute time out to regain your composure.

Oh yeah, I've been playing FF since 1990. :D

:D

I've never seen a Huddler get a time out before....

I'm actually very happy I will never find this out.

See even CD's knows of my wrath. He doesn't want a piece. :D

:D

I've never seen a Huddler get a time out before....

We teachers can get a little corny like that. :D