[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Addai the next Cadillac?

Swashbucklers

Just wondering what you guys think. Cadillac went relatively high last year and his statistics didn't reflect his draft position. I know that he was injured, and that accounts for alot of the drop off in production. Looking at the stats, Cadillac's rookie year is somewhat comparable to Addai's. IIRC, didn't Addai share carries in college just like Brown and Williams. What do you guys think will make Addai's situation different than Cadillac's?

Just wondering what you guys think. Cadillac went relatively high last year and his statistics didn't reflect his draft position. I know that he was injured, and that accounts for alot of the drop off in production. Looking at the stats, Cadillac's rookie year is somewhat comparable to Addai's. IIRC, didn't Addai share carries in college just like Brown and Williams. What do you guys think will make Addai's situation different than Cadillac's?

Addai has an injury history, and also did not have to carry a full load in college. He also played with some very talented running mates in college. That was what caused my concern and I actually had him listed as one of the more likley of the top 5 RBs to be a bust going into last season - just ahead of White, if I'm not mistaken.

Addai's talent translated into the NFL level very well, and he proved me wrong that he would be a bust. That said, there is still a lurking injury history and that he hasn't had to carry a team by himself at RB before. That makes me suspicious, but I'm in a wait & see mode since he did so well last year. Let's just say I have enough doubts that Addai won't be on any of my FF teams this year.

That may cost me a shot at a championship, but I still have those nagging questions about him...

You just can't compare the two. Talent wise they may be somewhat similar but the system in Indy just rolls out fantasy studs. The only question for Addai in my mind is his durability and whether or not he can handle the full load. At some point, all stud RB's have to answer that question so it's not like he's a bigger risk than most other guys. He impressed me last year with his catching ability, pass protection and ability to break tackles. He seems like a clone to Edge in his prime years with Indy and I expect similar numbers. I have no problem drafting him and being comfortable with the results (good or bad).

Biggest worry I have about Addai is the off-season deterioration of the Colt run defense.

With the Colts not likely to stop anyone from running the ball this year, I wonder how many games will depend on Manning/WRs to put up some serious points thru the air, relying less on the ball-control offense they seemed to employ last year?

I have a bad feeling that Addai may get brushed aside somewhat as the Colts are involved in some higher-scoring games, a la 2002-2005 Colts. Although on the flip side, it never seemed to hurt Edge's numbers, so who knows? I will say his risk factor is higher, for me, than it once was.

Biggest worry I have about Addai is the off-season deterioration of the Colt run defense.

With the Colts not likely to stop anyone from running the ball this year, I wonder how many games will depend on Manning/WRs to put up some serious points thru the air, relying less on the ball-control offense they seemed to employ last year?

I have a bad feeling that Addai may get brushed aside somewhat as the Colts are involved in some higher-scoring games, a la 2002-2005 Colts. Although on the flip side, it never seemed to hurt Edge's numbers, so who knows? I will say his risk factor is higher, for me, than it once was.

Seems like they didn't stop anyone from running the ball last year until the NFL playoffs.

When I look in the top 10 RBs I see 5 guys who are either "injury risks" because of a history of getting dinged up, and one or two guys who are long overdue. Injuries affect almost every RB to some extent.

I like Addai because of his situation. He's the main back in a very potent offense and will have many scoring opportunities. If you look at his upside just from his situation and what he showed he could do last year, he is a guy I could see finishing in the top 3. And I worry less about his injury risk because "carrying the load" in Indy is not the same as in a lot of other teams (KC for instance). He won't have to carry the whole offense; he's going to have a lot of help.

the next caddy could be MJD :D

That could be, as they both had very impressive rookie years in "effective" offenses. However, MJD has 4 less total catches, 200+ more receiving yards, and 8 more total TDs in a one-year RBBC than Caddy has in his 2-year career as a featured back. Even in a non-PPR league this should be indicative of something.

That could be, as they both had very impressive rookie years in "effective" offenses. However, MJD has 4 less total catches, 200+ more receiving yards, and 8 more total TDs in a one-year RBBC than Caddy has in his 2-year career as a featured back. Even in a non-PPR league this should be indicative of something.

yuup...but MJD has more of a chance at a sophmore jinx than Addai...

Brushed aside?

If Edge was brushed aside and still managed 1200+ rush yds and 9+ TDs per season from '03-'05 then I hope both of my starting FF RBs get "brushed aside."