[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerious Norwood

Imageek

Any thoughts on Jerious Norwood having a break out year this year? What round would you pick him up in?

In the mocks I have seen, he has crept into the 4th round a lot of the time.

His ADP a month ago was 69, but in the past month & in the past 2 weeks it has dropped to 60. That's right at the end of round 5. If you really believe in him and expect him to break out, you're going to have to reach into round 4 to get him. If you want him as your 3rd RB - which I have him at in 2 leagues - you can let him slide & hope he'll be there in the 5th round (where I got him in both). If he's there in the 6th round, someone is going to get some pretty damn good value, IMO.

Post edit - Sarge got Norwood as his RB2 with pick 4.12 in the Huddle Ladder HoF draft.

Edited by Bronco Billy

That is where I hope to get him. I am wondering if I might be able to wait until the 5th, what do you think?

I got the second pick in my draft, Steven Jackson, and then I plan on going WR, WR (not set in stone). Hopefully I can get Norwood barring any unforseen RB's dropping that low, as my number 2 RB. But with Steven Jackson and two solid WR's I could get away with an average Jerious with the hopes of a kick ass Jerious.

Edited by Imageek

His ADP a month ago was 69, but in the past month & in the past 2 weeks it has dropped to 60. That's right at the end of round 5. If you really believe in him and expect him to break out, you're going to have to reach into round 4 to get him. If you want him as your 3rd RB - which I have him at in 2 leagues - you can let him slide & hope he'll be there in the 5th round (where I got him in both). If he's there in the 6th round, someone is going to get some pretty damn good value, IMO.

In Huddle Ladder All-Pro, he went at 3.12.

Well, it appears that in more experienced & savvy leagues, he's going earlier than his ADP - that's always a good sign of a player that may break out. If your league isn't quite as experienced, I would think you could wait until the 5th round, provided that your pick isn't too deep in the round.

Well, it appears that in more experienced & savvy leagues, he's going earlier than his ADP - that's always a good sign of a player that may break out. If your league isn't quite as experienced, I would think you could wait until the 5th round, provided that your pick isn't too deep in the round.

Unfortunately this league has been around far to long to pass anything by on anyone. I am going to have to hope for a late fourth rounder. If not, as in all my drafts, I will have to change on the fly.

If he (and the team) look decent in the preseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go late 3rd by the time most drafts happen. Looks a lot like Gores movement last preseason if I am not mistaken, except Gore never got that high I dont think.

Anyone heard any camp reports about him? I haven't read a single thing about his progress. And I'm always looking.

Have heard nothing but good things...hence the movement in the ADP.

Man the closer we get to the draft, the less of a sleeper he is becomming. I was high on him at first but thats when i though i could get him in the 6th-7th round. now in the 5th he seems a bit less sexy but still not a bad pick for the 5th round.

I think you can forget about anybody sleeping on him. I say 4th round is where you will have to get him, and probably in the first 6 picks of the round. If you are playing in a good league that is......

In a couple of more weeks i mean...

Edited by rattsass

Norwood went 3.09 in the PS Huddle Ladder Draft to a team that took Addai and Rudi in the 1st and 2nd. Solidifying BB's point. :D

Side note: He went earlier in the PS Draft than in the HOF or ALL-Pro ones.

Norwood went 3.09 in the PS Huddle Ladder Draft to a team that took Addai and Rudi in the 1st and 2nd. Solidifying BB's point. :D

so he passed on players like

Tom brady

Lee Evans

Anquan Boldin

Donald Driver

Andre Johnson

Marc Bulger

and manny more!

like Thomas Jones and even more, but i dont feel like keep on listing them.

Overpaying for a RB is not a sign of FF savvy...

:D

I knew you'd twist it the other way. :D

That's too early for him... at least at this point.

That is an owner overreacting to the Dunn injury and drinking a lot of Kool Aid on Norwood. Theoretically he may get a few more touches without Vick running so much, but until Atlanta shows they have some semblance of a vertical passing game, he will be facing large defensive fronts.

That's too early for him... at least at this point.

That is an owner overreacting to the Dunn injury and drinking a lot of Kool Aid on Norwood. Theoretically he may get a few more touches without Vick running so much, but until Atlanta shows they have some semblance of a vertical passing game, he will be facing large defensive fronts.

Agreed, not too high on Norwood for redrafts league for this year. Part of a RBBC on a team could very well be in one of the lowest scoring offenses in the NFL this season. I look somewhere else at 3.9

He's not a sleeper anymore. I won't be drafting him.

1) No Vick (and if you don't think he opened up the running game, you're only fooling yourself)

2) Warrick Dunn (Dunn will get 150-200 carries this year)

3) The Atlanta Falcons (this team isn't winning more than 5 this year) and will be behind a lot of games. Can you be certain he'll even be in the games when they're behind 21?

4) Brittle nature (nicked up qutie a bit in limited action last year). One look at him and you have serious doubt whether how long durable he'll ever be.

If we're talking one year, get Ahman (among others) a few rounds later (He's the unquestioned starter and will probably score just as often).

If I own Norwood and am in a dynasty league, I'm selling him. (His value will never be higher. With Dunn probably a year/two away from retirement and Petrino's power running game style, you seriously have to question how long the Norwood experiment will last. Selling high isn't easy....I just really think it's appropriate here -- especially when you can get a nice WR with a longer NFL livelihood). When I see Norwood, I get memories of Tatum Bell.

Edited by cory_n_az

If he (and the team) look decent in the preseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go late 3rd by the time most drafts happen. Looks a lot like Gores movement last preseason if I am not mistaken, except Gore never got that high I dont think.

I don't think he becomes what Gore was last year. I think the offense was better with Smith on the Niners than it'll be with Harrington on the Falcons. That said, at this rate, if he's there come late 4th/early fifth, you might as well take the guy. He does have a nice upside/value as long as you don't reach into the 3rd round for him IMO.

Overpaying for a RB is not a sign of FF savvy...

Edited by TDFFFreak

I don't think he becomes what Gore was last year. I think the offense was better with Smith on the Niners than it'll be with Harrington on the Falcons. That said, at this rate, if he's there come late 4th/early fifth, you might as well take the guy. He does have a nice upside/value as long as you don't reach into the 3rd round for him IMO.

I didn'tmean to compare Gore to Norwood as far as on field performance, I was speaking of his ascent up the draft boards. The Falcons situation gives Norwood a lower ceiling than Gores last year.

And I agree, if you are taking him in the 3rd round, that is a reach in my book.

I'm more interested in what yall think in terms of RB 4 and 5; Norwood's still viable at 4 maybe reaching at 3 depending on your draft spot and whether or not you wasted an early pick on qb or stacked your wr's for that matter. I went to Cowboys camp when I went to visit mom and dad and MBIII and JJ seem like a rbbc like last yr, with MB(slow, but strong) getting goal-line, though JJ has been pissed off in TC and starting fights, seems like he's got something to prove, and I wish we would have drafted S-Jax then, but I digress; I like Adrian Peterson--Chi, Ron Dayne late b/c Ahman can't stay healthy, and even Bennett, some have Droughns in the mix too. Man I've talked too much jsut a little worked-up today. Love yall!!!