[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is how we fund area 51

polksalet

Seriously, we should charge them with treason and hang them by the neck from the tallest tree in the middle of town square until the sisters are dead. Ummm, do we still do that??

:highfive:

Seriously, we should charge them with treason and hang them by the neck from the tallest tree in the middle of town square until the sisters are dead. Ummm, do we still do that??

I actually agree that this should be charged as treason. Imagine if this kind of thing occured during WW2. These nappy headed hos would be shot.

Everything should be run by the government... they are the most efficientest.

Typical. What does this have to do with anything? It seems to me that it was private contractors taking advantage of our governments attempts at becoming more efficent. Once again, this proves that we cant trust business to keep in mind the best interest of anyone but themselves. Disgusting.

name='Savage Beatings' date='8/16/07 8:52pm' post='2129925']

Everything should be run by the government... they are the most efficientest.

Provide education, provide healthcare, negotiate your wages, provide for your retirement... the demonrats want the gov't to do this, thier liberal bliss...

Pentagon Paid $998,798 to Ship Two 19-Cent Washers

C&D's fraudulent billing started in 2000, Stroot, the Defense Criminal Investigative Service's chief agent in Raleigh, North Carolina, said in an interview. ``As time went on they got more aggressive in the amounts they put in.''

Thank you Bill Klit'n!!!! :D

Typical. What does this have to do with anything? It seems to me that it was private contractors taking advantage of our governments attempts at becoming more efficent. Once again, this proves that we cant trust business to keep in mind the best interest of anyone but themselves. Disgusting.

You know what? You're right. The government truly is efficient. I apologize. I know I don't like it when people make fun of my religion, so I shouldn't make fun of yours. Mea Culpa. :D

You know what? You're right. The government truly is efficient. I apologize. I know I don't like it when people make fun of my religion, so I shouldn't make fun of yours. Mea Culpa. :D

Nice cop out. Hide behind Jesus. I havent made one comment in that thread.

Nice cop out. Hide behind Jesus. I havent made one comment in that thread.

How exactly did I hide behind Jesus? I simply agreed with you that our government is efficient, then I apologized for attacking the entity which encompasses your system of beliefs. You should be happy that you won the argument.

Business is bad and Government is good. :D

Somethings the government does fairly efficiently. Most things, not. But that's not the point. What *is* the point is whether private citizens get a better deal through: (1) relatively inefficient governmentally run services; or (2) greedy private enterprise. In both cases, someone is making money off the citizenry. The intelligent debate (which, by default, cannot occur in the Tailgate) is the relative cost/benefit to the end consumer. But gobbling the knob of "government bad" and/or "private sector greedy" is about as productive as "less filling" versus "tastes great."

Edited by yo mama

How exactly did I hide behind Jesus? I simply agreed with you that our government is efficient, then I apologized for attacking the entity which encompasses your system of beliefs. You should be happy that you won the argument.

Business is bad and Government is good. :D

Okay, when did I say government is efficent? I said they were trying to become more efficent by putting trust in thier suppliers not to screw them for the benefit of our troops. As is to be expected, these service providers said screw the American taxpayer and grossly overcharged US. Thats YOU and I (assuming you pay taxes). Its like putting out the candy bowl on Halloween and a sign saying "Take One". Is it the governments fault that American business take full advantage of our efforts to expidite these crucial supplies to the troops? What exactly are you proposing? That we privatize our national security (more)?

BTW, I was raised Nichren Daishonen Budhist and continue to practice. Blast away Reverend.

BTW, I was raised Nichren Daishonen Budhist and continue to practice. Blast away Reverend.

:D I'm just winding you up DK... I'll stop now.

And FWIW while I don't agree with the underlying Theology of Budhism, in general I find much of it to be beautiful and peaceful.

:D I'm just winding you up DK... I'll stop now.

And FWIW while I don't agree with the underlying Theology of Budhism, in general I find much of it to be beautiful and peaceful.

I didnt take it personally. Its all good, I enjoy a heated debate. :D My fondest childhood memories are waking up to the sounds of Mom chanting morning Gongyo.

Somethings the government does fairly efficiently. Most things, not. But that's not the point. What *is* the point is whether private citizens get a better deal through: (1) relatively inefficient governmentally run services; or (2) greedy private enterprise. In both cases, someone is making money off the citizenry. The intelligent debate (which, by default, cannot occur in the Tailgate) is the relative cost/benefit to the end consumer. But gobbling the knob of "government bad" and/or "private sector greedy" is about as productive as "less filling" versus "tastes great."

Name one thing the government does efficiently? It can't even collect taxes efficiently. Don't get me wrong there are a couple of things I believe the government should do, not because they are more efficient than the private sector, but because I really don't want the CEO of some security firm carrying around the football.

Technically, I believe the problem here is the private sector's williness to intentionally exploit the government's inefficiency. I'm guessing these private companies.

What is saddest is that the federal government is so efficient it wastes every one of our tax dollars tracking 19 f*cking cent washers because the private sector is so willing to rip it off.

Scratch that. The saddest thing is that the federal government is able to track .19 washers here but billions disappear overseas.

Name one thing the government does efficiently? It can't even collect taxes efficiently. Don't get me wrong there are a couple of things I believe the government should do, not because they are more efficient than the private sector, but because I really don't want the CEO of some security firm carrying around the football.

Okay. For example, the overhead costs of administering medicare are estimated to be from 2% (low range) to 6% (high range). The "best practices" for private industry is around 13%.

And I disagree with you that government fails to collect tax efficiently. Show my another country with a population greater than or equal to the US' that is more efficient than the IRS and I'll eat my words. It ain't perfect, I'll grant you. But the IRS is collecting record tax revenues right now. While there is certainly room for improvement, and further considering that the IRS is saddled with enforcing the abomination that is the Internal Revenue Code (which they don't write), the IRS is actually one of the few arms of the federal government that doesn't metaphorically resemble and group of retarded gibbons masturbating all over each other. Moreover, they're doing a bang up job in the face of recent and substantial reductions in staff.

Edited by yo mama