[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

# 5 pick

isleseeya

Have draft order done for my main league last night ...got # 5

I figure tomlinson , S Jax , gore and LJ are gone ...I am looking at adai and thnik he can have a monster year as the solo back for colts ...its a standard scoring league plus ppr ...whatacha say ? Am I good with adai at 5

Let me hear you :D

Tia

I'm in a draft tommorrow night with the 4 pick and I am probably taking Alexander. I think too many peole are writing him off, and I think he will definately score double digit touchdowns this year. That is who I would suggest.

Sounds like a loser pick from guy coming from NJ.

Morganville NJ

Dude when did you get out of prison ?? I could not believe it when they told me that you once again were getting on with men in the rest areas of nj turnpike ...hopefully you are now reformed and there is still hope for you

I'm not drinking the Addai kolaid. In a PPR league I like Westbrook at 5.

BECAUSE it's a PPR league, I like Addai. Indy is going to be thowing the ball a lot more this year(if that is possible) and they like how Addai receives the ball out of the backfield. Faulk and James put up pretty good receiving numbers as Colts running backs. I like Westbrook when he is healthy, but that is usually only 10-12 games a year.

I love westbroolk for the ppr but don't like him for rushing td's ...I think addai gets much more rushing td's without embarassing himself with receptions and receiving yards

Still leaning towards addai as of now ..thanks though for all the advice so far :D

And welcome to sterndave1 ...one of my best friends who slowly has posted a few messages , last ones aimed at embarassing me which is nearly impossible to do

Don't be a stranger stern , the huddle loves all people , even rest area predators :D ...just kidding

It's not just a hunch. Last year he only had to carry half the load and in my opinion I'd rather take a proven RB. I think like I said before take a RB such as Westbrook. He is proven and will probable produce more points than Addai who has not proven he can take the punishment of being a number 1 back.

It's not just a hunch. Last year he only had to carry half the load and in my opinion I'd rather take a proven RB. I think like I said before take a RB such as Westbrook. He is proven and will probable produce more points than Addai who has not proven he can take the punishment of being a number 1 back.

So...an uproven guy with fresh legs vs. a good RB who has proven he will miss some time within the 16 weeks. Overall I like the Eagles Oline and a resurgent McNabb this year a lot, but I like the Colts even more. Not an easy call, if you ask me.

Would you take Westbrook over both Addai and SA? Of those 3, are you saying Westbrook has the least risk and best upside? Hmm..still not easy...

Bingo , I couldn't have stated it better, I would rather have Parker or Westbrook !!! :D

Addai cracked 1000 yards last year I believe , and did so not starting and sharing the load

I have to believe if he is and stays healty ( no crystal ball ) in that offense where payton is still the man , addai will crack 1400 yards ..maybe 7 ( lowside ) to 12 tds ( high side ) but he definitely should get a ton of looks and catches in that passing game

Alexander ofcourse if healthy ( not sure he is fully ) will get a ton of rushing td's but is useless for ppr and receiving yards ..and I question his health and age a bit for durability

Westbrook as mentioned rarely plays all 16 games and is not a big contributor in rushing td's ...yes he gets them but I don't believe he gets as many as addai

It is a tough call ..right now all and all still leaning towards addai

I'm not drinking the Addai kolaid. In a PPR league I like Westbrook at 5.

I think Addai is going to be a team buster in fantasy.. Almost everyone is in love with this guy and he might endure thesophmare jinx. Draft Westbrook instead and thankme later.

Westy is the pick IMO.

That's a really tough call. I was lucky enough to draft Westbrook in the 1.06 after Addai was gone thus not having to make that call. You'll do great with either one, IMO. The TDs you don't get on the ground with Westbrook he'll give on the air. It's hard to ignore those 70 receptions that go along with around 600 REC YDS. If you're looking for upside definitely go for Addai. If you want to be conservative then go with Westbrook. I think you win either way.

...The TDs you don't get on the ground with Westbrook he'll give on the air. It's hard to ignore those 70 receptions that go along with around 600 REC YDS....

As a lifelong Colts fan, I am sure Addai will be in the 70 reception range this year if he stays healthy.

Isleseeya, you are absolutely correct in saying Addai cracked the 1000 yard mark last year while not starting a single game, until the playoffs. I was at his coming out party last year in Indy against Westbrook and the Eagles. He is the real deal.